Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894950 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: SLOGDOUKEN
« Reply #3735 on: May 16, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »

(Like how Ciro insulted his own breast size)

RACKS INSULTED:  2 (2!)

We're just 1 away from the new high score!
What I wanna know is how every single previous cycle managed to never rise above this paltry record.

Or maybe we just don't talk about those.

As our favorite tanks are nowhere to be seen, I'm in favor of restoring a previous save to restore our health, and exploring D:2 in the hopes of more plot-relevant shenanigans/side character coupons.

Also, eight and ninth lights? Possible allusion to additional siblings? It does seem that each floor is loosely related to a sibling, and we know there's at least 8 floors- could be a clue that there's a ninth floor as well. Blue Chick's words are no doubt important, but I don't know as we can extrapolate anything new from them. Oric's in charge, he was not always in charge, he may not always be in charge. Which may be what this whole cycle business is about but -ERROR: INSUFFICIENT DATA-
ERROR: Slog drank a health potion. Restoring might waste that.

Otherwise in favor of exploring D2.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: May 16, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »

We should tail them.  There's only two exits that way, and one is straight up and the other is straight down.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: May 16, 2013, 10:09:15 pm »

We should tail them.  There's only two exits that way, and one is straight up and the other is straight down.
This is an excellent suggestion. Where exactly are they going to go if they go that way? Do they have a way up? Or a way down? Or perhaps something else...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: May 16, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »

This is an excellent suggestion. Where exactly are they going to go if they go that way? Do they have a way up? Or a way down? Or perhaps something else...
I'll reluctantly third this, then. I doubt it'll end well, but let's do this. :I
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: May 16, 2013, 10:18:39 pm »

I thought she was looking for "The Greens," aka that place we reincarnated, but now it sounds like Greens are an item or creature. Possibly Illborn?

Also, we're wrong about the Soul Star identification. I think we've got Ciro, Ritlia, and Proxxy down cold, which leaves Triangle-Sinful and Hammer-Oric as the weakest links. The only other theory I've got is Hammer-Sinful (Hammer is the Thief, Oric possesses it now but the symbol he stole from Sinful could be the one he represents with now,) but that leaves Triangle as... Oric? There's no real justification for that other than process of elimination, and it begs the question of why Oric would leave his own Soul Star in the possession of a random Illborn (even if it is the Chief.) Not to mention the Chief basically gave it away for nothing.

Well, I suppose that's not my only other theory- the other one involves the premise that Ritlia does not own the hexagon one, and it instead belongs to whoever the shadowy figure was in that cutaway while she was transforming into a monster (either Oric or his funny-haired lackey there.) This theory rests on the premise that the transformation was not Ritlia's doing, but instead an external agency that basically "possessed" her, but that's pretty shaky stacked up against our main theory. Not only does it not have any circumstantial evidence to back it up, it involves radically rethinking other Soul Stars (essentially adding another step to the previous speculation.)

tl;dr WHAT IS HAPPENING I DON'T EVEN. We need to find some evidence that contradicts one of our established theories.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: May 16, 2013, 10:20:24 pm »

Greens = different color souls, for different color soul stars?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: May 16, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »

I think White//Hexagon//Riltia is the one we have wrong.

Obviously, it's deadpool's.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: May 16, 2013, 10:25:09 pm »

I thought she was looking for "The Greens," aka that place we reincarnated, but now it sounds like Greens are an item or creature. Possibly Illborn?
I too was wondering what Greens were, but I sort of forgot about it. But now that you mention it, she says "No thanks to yer help," not "No thanks to you" or similar like I'd read it as.

So... we were supposed to help her find Greens? Or maybe she thought she needed some Greens but didn't because of something we did but didn't tell her about? Sheer speculation: Tied to Riltia's retransfiguration?

Or maybe Greens is The Greens and she has a really, really bad sense of direction. Or Riltia destroyed it on the way out. Or something.

Also, we're wrong about the Soul Star identification.

tl;dr WHAT IS HAPPENING I DON'T EVEN. We need to find some evidence that contradicts one of our established theories.
I think we've got them down, it's just that we've got them down through bad/insufficient reasoning ("Cain green therefore green star"). Ciro being the stolen hammer is definitely an interesting theory, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: May 16, 2013, 10:36:23 pm »

Also, eight and ninth lights? Possible allusion to additional siblings?
That's my thought too. To absolutely no one's surprise, there is more to the story than we knew.

Possibly a surname?

Also, we're wrong about the Soul Star identification. I think we've got Ciro, Ritlia, and Proxxy down cold, which leaves Triangle-Sinful and Hammer-Oric as the weakest links. The only other theory I've got is Hammer-Sinful (Hammer is the Thief, Oric possesses it now but the symbol he stole from Sinful could be the one he represents with now,) but that leaves Triangle as... Oric? There's no real justification for that other than process of elimination, and it begs the question of why Oric would leave his own Soul Star in the possession of a random Illborn (even if it is the Chief.) Not to mention the Chief basically gave it away for nothing.

Well, I suppose that's not my only other theory- the other one involves the premise that Ritlia does not own the hexagon one, and it instead belongs to whoever the shadowy figure was in that cutaway while she was transforming into a monster (either Oric or his funny-haired lackey there.) This theory rests on the premise that the transformation was not Ritlia's doing, but instead an external agency that basically "possessed" her, but that's pretty shaky stacked up against our main theory. Not only does it not have any circumstantial evidence to back it up, it involves radically rethinking other Soul Stars (essentially adding another step to the previous speculation.)

It's also possible that one or both of the Soul Stars belong to unrevealed siblings. Which would make our job REALLY tough, so let's see what freeform says about this idea before accepting it as probable.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 16, 2013, 10:45:33 pm »

I figured it was just the way she talked. She does have an accent. That, or when we directed her she didn't realize we were talking about a place.

EDIT: Looked it over closer, I'm very sure it's just her accent.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 16, 2013, 10:47:05 pm »

He technically said we have seen the siblings before, so the point is moot.

I still say BetweenFord and his brethren are working on overthrowing Oric as the Warden; probably by releasing Oversoul from it's bound state, and let it to on a rampage.

Also: Flow just has a really weird accent, which she probably uses to cover up her nonsensical techno-babble talk.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: May 16, 2013, 10:47:33 pm »

To be fair, he did say the puzzle should be solvable with what we know now.  Therefore, each known Soul Star should match to a known character.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 16, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »

Theory:The Mailman is the Voice.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 16, 2013, 11:07:17 pm »

To be fair, he did say the puzzle should be solvable with what we know now.  Therefore, each known Soul Star should match to a known character.

Or at least an identifiable character- funny-haired lackey who may or may not be a sibling is still viable because we saw her in a cutaway, even if we didn't know her name at the time.

Also, we're wrong about the Soul Star identification.

I think we've got them down, it's just that we've got them down through bad/insufficient reasoning ("Cain green therefore green star"). Ciro being the stolen hammer is definitely an interesting theory, though.

Well, we've got a little more tying Cain to the Triangle than color, though not much. Thing is, we've literally only seen that triangle twice, which doesn't give us much context for identification beyond its absence in Cain's screen. I think if we were right, the evidence we have would be more than sufficient- since we aren't right, I conclude that we are misinterpreting the evidence we do have. Somehow.

Also, Cain is my crazy hammer theory, with Oric being the one who stole it. I didn't even bother citing all the Ciro-Astral Influx-Target evidence since that would be half the thread, and there's no other way to interpret that evidence. Similar story with Proxxy. Triangle, Hammer, and Hexagon are our weakest links (in order of weakest to strongest) but now I'm just repeating myself.

I figured it was just the way she talked. She does have an accent. That, or when we directed her she didn't realize we were talking about a place.

EDIT: Looked it over closer, I'm very sure it's just her accent.

Well shiver me timbers, I should check before I post. Also, evidently we never gave her directions, either. Still not sure how she missed it, it's a pretty linear path, but here we are.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: May 16, 2013, 11:08:47 pm »

She'd probably be able to take a wrong turn at Albuquerque without leaving the Warrens.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1544