Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3810693 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: SLOGDOUKEN
« Reply #3705 on: May 12, 2013, 07:41:45 am »

Well, technically speaking she is mentioned as the 'Glass Heroine'
Let's assume statues are 'notice boards' for 'Siblings'.
Heroine is enemy of siblings.
So they were asking the monsters around to keep an eye out and slay her because she betrayed them.

And Yandere is funnier when you have multiple female heroines capable of smashing aside the hero, and end up locked in a fight between them.

We need an anime-version of a Yandere triangle with Ciro in the middle.
it would be awesome.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: May 12, 2013, 09:01:29 am »

One question: Why all the Rililililitailaitaltialta (CAN'T FIGURE OUT THAT SPELLING)/Ciro shipping? From where I'm currently at (p59) there's ... no basis for any kind of yandere relationship between them. At all.

First Girl Wins, man. Though since we're probably siblings, the romantic angle is more subsumed by the "you're the person I've known longest in this crazy place"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: May 12, 2013, 09:44:38 am »

Wow, I just realized that even though this game has been running for four months already, we've killed Wilford and Riltia less than a week in. o_0

Is there a direct connection between Underside and DL2? And what is DL1, for that matter? I'm completely fuzzy on the locations. :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:49:30 am by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: May 12, 2013, 09:50:45 am »

Dungeon Level 1    (We entered here)
Dungeon Level 2    (Just "below*" DL 1)
DL3**
DL4**
DL5**
DL6**
DL7**

The underside was accesed through a trap in DL 2

*Unsure, as well, the ladders also give acces to Betweenford's realm, and well, can be moved.
**Existence unconfirmed.

Hence, my guess is that the Dungeon levels, aren't in fact, stacked. They're all different planes (Explains how they can change without messing up structural integrity, and also the existence of traps). The underside is part of the gigantic support network for DL2, and maybe the other dungeon levels. It's a maintenance area, outside of the main dungeon. Some place we're not supposed to acces. (Though are. It's the area in the game that makes you feel like you're doing something you're not supposed to do, while still following exactly what the game doesn't want you to do).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:56:44 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: May 12, 2013, 09:55:01 am »

Yes, I know it's 'Dungeon Level', but where is it? The starting location with the statues and top-down view?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: May 12, 2013, 09:57:37 am »

Yes, I know it's 'Dungeon Level', but where is it? The starting location with the statues and top-down view?
The starting location is DL1, yes. However, time and space is not what it seems to be in the warrens.

Edited in explanations above. And guesses.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: May 12, 2013, 04:20:50 pm »

We know there's a DL8. Its mentioned when we scanned Al.

What did it say when we scanned our self? I can't remember.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: May 12, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »

Not high enough clearance to scan us beyond our species:Human
It couldn't even tell whether or not we are Illborn or Whatever(even though we aren't)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: May 12, 2013, 04:41:06 pm »

Just want to point something: there is a sidequest in which we have to befriend a sibling. Do you know what does it mean? FREE MONEY

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: May 12, 2013, 05:39:02 pm »

I'm not usually one to partake in the theory guessing, but I'll put two cents out there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: May 12, 2013, 06:20:20 pm »

Just some more Unfounded rambling which may or may not help others out!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:36:09 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: May 12, 2013, 06:21:52 pm »

I wonder what monsteRilitia would have done if she had found Ciro...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: May 12, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »

A)Eat us, so she may be with us forever
B)Let us ride her as the best mount ever
C)Not recognize us, and completely demolish us

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: May 12, 2013, 07:52:39 pm »

*Unsure, as well, the ladders also give acces to Betweenford's realm, and well, can be moved.

Betweenford's realm is, IIRC, what you get when you manage to enter a spot that isn't 'on the dungeon map', basically a more player-friendly alternative to how the old Wizardry games would tell you you'd teleported into solid rock if you tried to teleport to spaces on the map that had no entrance. I'd think the pipe levels that Proxxy dropped us into might be a better example, except I think they may be on the same layer as DL2.

That said, the Dungeons proper do rearrange frequently. And Betweenford's realm is probably the void they do it in. I wonder if Betweenford is getting sick of having rooms full of traps and monsters spontaneously generating in his living room or something.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: May 12, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »

Betweenford's realm is, IIRC, what you get when you manage to enter a spot that isn't 'on the dungeon map', basically a more player-friendly alternative to how the old Wizardry games would tell you you'd teleported into solid rock if you tried to teleport to spaces on the map that had no entrance. I'd think the pipe levels that Proxxy dropped us into might be a better example, except I think they may be on the same layer as DL2.

That said, the Dungeons proper do rearrange frequently. And Betweenford's realm is probably the void they do it in. I wonder if Betweenford is getting sick of having rooms full of traps and monsters spontaneously generating in his living room or something.

I figured that Betweenford's realm is just a not initialized portion of the dungeon. Basically, the room failed to load and the result was to send them to a dummied out room rather than to show a 404 Not Found page. Or something like the Chris Houlihan Room from Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Which either means we tried to get to a room that didn't exist in the lower level at the time... or the floor doesn't generate until we arrive at the proper starting point. Some of the stuff that Proxxy says seems to imply there are areas that aren't changed during Random Room Generation.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 1544