Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3919885 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE CROSSOVERENA
« Reply #2145 on: March 20, 2013, 12:43:54 pm »

What was it mom always told me...?

Oh yeah! It was "Always let Mercenaries solve puzzles!" What else are we paying them for?

Set Slog at puzzle. (I always wanted to see Satan soil himself laughing...)
+1
+1
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #2146 on: March 20, 2013, 12:45:46 pm »

Pls no sending slog to do puzzle

Pls no.

Instead, lets try doing..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or something like that. Maybe a good thing to do is to move the red down by one, and then exit/reenter the room. If this is a puzzle that we can keep on redoing, thats good, if its not then we'll just have to be careful about it all.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 20, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »

Pls no sending slog to do puzzle

Pls no.

Instead, lets try doing..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or something like that. Maybe a good thing to do is to move the red down by one, and then exit/reenter the room. If this is a puzzle that we can keep on redoing, thats good, if its not then we'll just have to be careful about it all.

If this is a sokoban puzzle, we probably can't move the pink and purple pieces like that because of their locations. If we can't pull the pieces then the purple one can only go up or down, (Or maybe through the door...) and once the pink one is against the top wall it will be stuck there. If pulling is allowed, we probably still can't pull a piece into a square we occupy, meaning we'd have to get the blue piece out of the way to make it work.

But I see where you're going with it. Putting green adjacent to blue and yellow, purple adjacent to blue and red, and so on. The order should be White, Pink, Red, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow. But the pluses and minuses are still unaccounted for...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »

That's where my idea comes in. Treat it like electrical wires. Negative has to go with positive. Negative CANNOT be adjacent to another Negative, as with Positive and Positive.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 20, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »

That's where my idea comes in. Treat it like electrical wires. Negative has to go with positive. Negative CANNOT be adjacent to another Negative, as with Positive and Positive.

Which makes sense, but doesn't work with the previous solution. If yellow and green are adjacent, for instance, then that's two adjacent pluses.

Maybe we just can't walk between a plus and a minus without getting electrocuted? Hmmmm...

"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 20, 2013, 01:53:50 pm »

Which makes sense, but doesn't work with the previous solution. If yellow and green are adjacent, for instance, then that's two adjacent pluses.

Maybe we just can't walk between a plus and a minus without getting electrocuted? Hmmmm...
I still don't follow your previous solution. What gave you that color order?

I'm starting to like arranging them in an alternating line. I don't trust ignoring colors, but it's possible they're just shaded for ID purposes. Of course, we'll have to fiddle with it enough to see if there's any restrictions on pushing them (and if we can pull them).

Walking between doesn't make any sense as a restriction because most of them are facing walls; we'd literally never have to just to get across the room.

What was it mom always told me...?

Oh yeah! It was "Always let Mercenaries solve puzzles!" What else are we paying them for?

Set Slog at puzzle. (I always wanted to see Satan soil himself laughing...)
+1
+1
I very nearly suggested this for precisely this reason, but decided on a test move instead. I'm still somewhat torn on that, not that it matters against such overwhelming support.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 20, 2013, 02:03:49 pm »

((Everyone's overthinking this. There isn't a clear solution to the puzzle because you haven't yet found a clear solution to the puzzle. I wouldn't ever make a puzzle that required everyone to swap things around via trial and error for 5 days without any logic to it whatsoever. That said, you're on the right track, and update coming later.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 20, 2013, 02:28:53 pm »

I still don't follow your previous solution. What gave you that color order?

Well, He made it that the coulours on the outside of the secondary colours are the ones that create them. Red and White, with pink in the middle, Red and Blue with Purple in the middle, and Blue and Yellow with Green in the middle.

Maybe we shouldn't try to figure it out yet. At all. Go with Ironyowl, just try pushing something.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 20, 2013, 02:39:00 pm »

The -+-+-+- pattern is easy enough to test.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 20, 2013, 03:08:02 pm »

The -+-+-+- pattern is easy enough to test.
The colors matter though, I'd wager. However, there isn't a way to arrange it in a line where there is no negative nor positive touching another similar, based on color... We are probably over thinking this, as FFR said. Hm. What if we're suppose to make the charges neutral instead? I wonder if we can push a positive into a negative. Maybe we can combine the red and the blue to make a neutral purple?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 20, 2013, 03:10:23 pm »

We can't make them all neutral because there's one extra negative.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: March 20, 2013, 03:11:01 pm »

We can't make them all neutral because there's one extra negative.
Damn, you're right... Push the purple off the screen then? One less negative.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 20, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »

Why not just put +s on one side, and -s on the other?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 20, 2013, 03:40:34 pm »

But that wouldn't be a logical solution. Division only works with an even number of objects. Alternation would be our best bet. All we need to figure out, is the colour order.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 20, 2013, 03:52:31 pm »

Let's see the results of our current experimentation before going nuts with theories ...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1544