Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894936 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Coding+Art+Music+Writing+Design=WORK
« Reply #8880 on: September 21, 2013, 05:58:07 am »

Poke the obviously trapped part with the staff.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:33 am »

Poke the obviously trapped part with the staff.
+1, from a safe distance. Hold one end, poke it with another.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: September 21, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »

Examine staff menu. See if it does anything.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: September 22, 2013, 02:15:33 am »

Examine staff menu. See if it does anything.

pretty sure that's the right one

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: September 22, 2013, 08:31:28 pm »

Well, I suspect one advantage of a staff over unarmed (besides range) is that a staff is an item. You can fuse it with a fusion scroll or enchant it like we did the spear. We'd probably have to chop off our hands and feet to do anything like that to them, and we'd still need a way to reattach them afterwards.

...and I am now imagining Ciro using blood control and a badly-sewn-on flaming fist to execute a Rocket Punch... Knowing Bay12, this is a possibility...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: September 22, 2013, 08:57:18 pm »

Well, I suspect one advantage of a staff over unarmed (besides range) is that a staff is an item. You can fuse it with a fusion scroll or enchant it like we did the spear.
You can say that about anything. What idiot would enchant a staff that does as much damage as a fist?

...and I am now imagining Ciro using blood control and a badly-sewn-on flaming fist to execute a Rocket Punch... Knowing Bay12, this is a possibility...
-1, it makes much more sense to try making a blood prosthetic and enchant that.
Mainly because of the insanity of the original idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: September 23, 2013, 04:11:34 am »

You can say that about anything. What idiot would enchant a staff that does as much damage as a fist?

Well, besides the fact that an enchantment might improve the damage rate, you can't enchant your fists to grant additional properties. For instance, in the first Final Fantasy game, there were weapons that, while crappy, could cast spells when "used" as an item... an unlimited number of times.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: September 23, 2013, 06:34:24 am »

Well, besides the fact that an enchantment might improve the damage rate, you can't enchant your fists to grant additional properties. For instance, in the first Final Fantasy game, there were weapons that, while crappy, could cast spells when "used" as an item... an unlimited number of times.
And as every Morrowind player knows, Enchant can be hilarious.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: September 23, 2013, 07:09:59 am »

Why not enchant a useful weapon?
Sig

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: September 23, 2013, 07:11:38 am »

Why not enchant a useful weapon?

if you enchant something useless you can get a 1 and nothing important will happen

if you roll a 1 on already useful stuff you're fucked because the enchantment will kill your family and kidnap your dog

real simple stuff

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: September 23, 2013, 07:28:55 am »

So...enchanting a useless weapon is good, because it definitely won't do anything bad, although it won't do anything for you either?
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: September 23, 2013, 07:53:45 am »

Well the purpose of enchanting an item is to make it better, no? Unless you're enchanting it to be lukewarm all the time or something.

So at the least, it might be good for practice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: September 23, 2013, 07:54:31 am »

Why would you enchant something bad to make it good, when you could enchant something good to make it better?
Sig

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: September 23, 2013, 07:56:27 am »

you appear to be critically forgetting the game you are in

if we make something good better then the things we wanted to use the good thing on will scale to the better thing's level

and then we lose the better thing in a llama accident

shit, do it if you want to, i'll get another plane to point and laugh at your lichensteindom from

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: September 23, 2013, 08:47:19 am »

Why would you enchant something bad to make it good, when you could enchant something good to make it better?
Because presumably there is a cap to just how much enchantment anything can have.
Slap healing on your nice weapon, it's ok.
Slap healing on your shit weapon and +1 edge of fuck-everything-up-ness on your nice weapon, it's great.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1544