Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894782 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2busy4u
« Reply #8745 on: September 07, 2013, 12:19:17 pm »

....Who wants to bet one or more of our "party members" are mimics?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: September 07, 2013, 05:06:52 pm »

Seems pretty likely.
Why go to all the trouble of writing a warning in blood if you can't be more specific than "beware!", honestly...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:08:37 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: September 07, 2013, 06:43:46 pm »

I'm betting that if we cross that line we'll be transported to another room with no way to cross back the same way. A rather strangely specific bet, but it seems right to me.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: September 07, 2013, 07:04:32 pm »

J ujlrp zqx ncb cg skjly.
Jv eqhw tghq uqr mkniqe uq cg bpbxmouo fnvi.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: September 07, 2013, 10:16:38 pm »

Take everything in the room we don't need a container for and put it in storage, even any loose floor tiles. First though throw that plant at the chest with an obvious trap under it and a message warning us about the trap written in blood, possibly Al or Riltia's blood.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: September 07, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »

Oq, ujex ju b ccg jfhe.
The Cyan Menace

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: September 08, 2013, 10:53:42 am »

Non-update!

I caught some really good suggestions in the #3 survey recently:

I'd try to find a more consistent way of placing out of character stuff; some parts end up at the top, some at the bottom, some mixed in, and sometimes there will be something that looks like an update post at first glance but is entirely OoC questions. It's good to be able to put your notes wherever you want, and those reading everything anyway will just be confused once or twice, but it's something I would find uncomfortable until I found a good thread-standard.

The format of the posts is nearing completion, but this person's got a point. It's sometimes pretty difficult to tell updates from non-updates, especially when there are pictures involved in the latter. From this point on, I'll solidify the format of updates into three segments.

1) At the very top, there will be a thin header. Maybe it's an image or maybe just a really recognizable piece of text, but it will denote game updates from other things. Right under this will be the first slew of used suggestions as usual.
2) The main content of the post will come after that.
3) Finally, the relevant spoilers. In order of importance: Party/Inventory, Storage, Relevant Content (this is a new thing I'm going to be doing to help long-time readers - in case something is referenced, I might link to it under Relevant Content, much like how comic books say "*Batman's infamous wedding can be seen in Issue 232."), and finally, GM Notes.

Maybe some kind of way of identifying inventory items so we don't have to guess their name or dig through everything in the page 1 master list?  Like, each item could be numbered?

This is something I've struggled with for a while. On one hand, it's tricky because each item has so much content in it that its menu alone takes up about the size of a character's inventory. On the other hand, even I often forgot what an item's exact effects are. On the other other hand, the visual representation of item menus is something that allows subtle suggestions as to what's possible (the whole red/green option thing, for example: Riltia's primary class skill could be quite overpowered if the players were willing to pay 8 SP total to nullify the lockdown effect).

Another problem is this: Flash is a pile of slow horseshit for loading large .fla files. I swear, editing, saving and exporting the inventory takes 5+ minutes for the smallest changes, and fiddling with it forever until everything is aligned right really gets on my nerve.

I'm still thinking on a format to gracefully solve all these problems at once. Nothing will change until there's a format most people would appreciate. The only main downside is a newer, more accessible format might have formatting issues when viewed on phones.

Reuse the first post as an index.

This is a comment that's come up once in a while on the surveys, and there's a few reasons it's not happening.

-Monk12's already doing a great job as it is. His indexing keeps the updates from slowing down even further.
-By the end of the game, I'm going to struggle to fit all the spoiler content we already have in the OP due to word limits anyway :P
-While there will probably never be an official Warrens video game*, I'm likely going to package the game into a more easily-readable format once it's over anyway.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:39:25 pm by freeformschooler »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: September 08, 2013, 11:45:14 am »

Hm...could you try using abbr's and multiple images per person? It would require careful calculation of the image sizes, but it could be done.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: September 08, 2013, 11:47:03 am »

Hm...could you try using abbr's and multiple images per person? It would require careful calculation of the image sizes, but it could be done.

That's essentially the current plan, and it's the reason it wouldn't be function when viewed on a phone. Take a look at how Soli's excellent adventure, Blunderbuss, does it. Image sizes would not be a big problem.

However, I would likely not use abbr tags or at least not many. Instead, to keep things consistent, the little images could just link to their menu images.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: September 08, 2013, 11:48:58 am »

That could work, too. Probably with better function.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: September 08, 2013, 02:59:38 pm »

The heck?

Edit: As far as I'm aware, this isn't just a +1 encryption. Too lazy to crack it.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: September 08, 2013, 03:00:13 pm »

From what I can tell he's been speaking in code. Attempts at deciphering have failed though.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: September 08, 2013, 03:02:04 pm »

The heck?

Edit: As far as I'm aware, this isn't just a +1 encryption. Too lazy to crack it.
He has been suggesting stuff for a while in this code which nobody seems to consider worthy of deciphering (or already did but didn't share the results)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: September 08, 2013, 03:20:44 pm »

Zqx bthr'y lkghntn. Jv'v tq tkptqk ujryln.
Tnlkmzsg icuhjx ujdr b "+1". Utb "+Y".
The Cyan Menace

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: September 08, 2013, 03:25:49 pm »

Well, at least seems consistent with certain word usage, but I'm too lazy to bother with that.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1544