Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897066 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: No updates for quite a while
« Reply #7050 on: July 09, 2013, 10:45:02 pm »

It's close to the second.

I don't think Tactical Persuasion would work any better than normal now that the Wisps are convinced we're insane (and attacked already). Unless you can provide some kind of idea of an argument that will succeed, and proof that freeform would go for Tactical Persuasion, I'm going to -1 that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »

Oh yeah, I agree with GWG, my super sized text was merely a joke :D
Maybe next time we find something to persuade, but it wouldn't work right now on these enemies.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: July 09, 2013, 10:52:18 pm »

It's close to the second.

I don't think Tactical Persuasion would work any better than normal now that the Wisps are convinced we're insane (and attacked already). Unless you can provide some kind of idea of an argument that will succeed, and proof that freeform would go for Tactical Persuasion, I'm going to -1 that.
That's probably why he said we should use it on Proxxy, not the wisps, then, right?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: July 09, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »

I was hoping that (attempting) offering them something would remove, or at least reduce, the Insanity Penalty.
It wouldn't. That's one way in which the system can't be gamed/farmed. Persuasion is persuasion is persuasion.

GAME MECHANICS THEORYCRAFTING:

So in regular combat, positioning doesn't matter too much, and everything is very dependent on the result of dice. Circumstance modifiers don't really exist; an attack is an attack is an attack. However, by expending a bit of Soul Charge we can initiate Tactical Combat, in which positioning is everything and nothing is random.

Gentlemen.

I propose that when we meet Proxxy, we attempt to initiate Tactical Persuasion.

Yes, the key misunderstanding there was that I was suggesting a course of action for when we met Proxxy, not something we should try right now. I've been saying that the Wisp fight is beyond diplomacy since before they shot us in the face!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: July 09, 2013, 11:16:15 pm »

Ah.

We all agree then.

...This will be boring.

...Who wants to make a freeform roleplay to squat in this thread until freeformschooler feels up to continuing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: July 09, 2013, 11:17:18 pm »

That wouldn't end well trust me on this. At least it won't end well if you have be in this thread >_>
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: July 09, 2013, 11:18:45 pm »

So much for that idea of keeping this thread alive.

...Anyone have some theorycrafting?
Sig

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: July 09, 2013, 11:23:52 pm »

Theorycrafting: Why it takes so long to do anything
Evidence 1: 142 pages on 50 posts per page
Evidence 2: FFS often runs 2 to 3 other games at a time
Evidence 3: Convincing one group of players which is the better option when more than one option is suggested appears to consume 2 to 3 pages each time it happens.
Theory: It takes FFS too much time to sort through every suggestion and determine what the popular vote is.
Proof: The slowness of updates and the occasional apparent ragequit by FFS.
Therefor: We should slow down the posting just a little, in order to speed up the updating. Especially when this resumes.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:46 pm »

Theorycrafting: Why it takes so long to do anything
Evidence 1: 142 pages on 50 posts per page
Evidence 2: FFS often runs 2 to 3 other games at a time
Evidence 3: Convincing one group of players which is the better option when more than one option is suggested appears to consume 2 to 3 pages each time it happens.
Theory: It takes FFS too much time to sort through every suggestion and determine what the popular vote is.
Proof: The slowness of updates and the occasional apparent ragequit by FFS.
Therefor: We should slow down the posting just a little, in order to speed up the updating. Especially when this resumes.

Truly, popularity is crippling.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: July 10, 2013, 02:33:09 am »

it would be trying to use a game mechanic that doesn't exist, like when we tried to put points in Cheating way back.

I don't think we ever actually tried that.  It was mentioned, but it didn't get consensus.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

We did try that. We need stat points before we can put points in the cheating stat.

We also need a stat slot so that we can acquire the cheating stat before we can put our stat points into it.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But when we do do that...

How much were stat slots and points, again?
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Does it matter? We can barely seem to find any money in this game.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Well, we find money, we just almost immediately spend it on consumables and/or items we accidentally lose or break.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We did buy some max health once, and we've bought a bunch of inventory slots.

But yeah, we've had enough money to get a cheating stat before (assuming FFS doesn't pull another obstacle out of his hat).  It's just that other actions wound up getting more votes.

At least now we won't be wasting any more money on refresh potions, since the presence of Cherish makes it really obvious how to refill health for free.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 1544