Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3893984 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #6075 on: June 15, 2013, 09:33:22 pm »

Yaos almost certainly wasn't a Sibling, given their self-destructive Star, the fact all the non-us siblings were signed into the message thing, and the fact their star didn't match the known symbols (IIRC).

Quick nitpicking, Ritlia wasn't signed in, either.
By "us" I meant Ciro (duh), Riltia (who is on our team) and Cain (who we were at the time).
And yes, Cain was signed in, but I didn't say the non-us ones weren't signed in, just that none of the not-us ones weren't.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: June 15, 2013, 09:44:46 pm »

Yaos almost certainly wasn't a Sibling, given their self-destructive Star, the fact all the non-us siblings were signed into the message thing, and the fact their star didn't match the known symbols (IIRC).

Don't know how many times I have to say it, by Yaos came from the surface to look for the OS, even if he didnt know what it was called. He was an intruder inside the Warrens

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: June 15, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »

Don't know how many times I have to say it, by Yaos came from the surface to look for the OS, even if he didnt know what it was called. He was an intruder inside the Warrens
Or so he said/thought.

Yes, it seems quite unlikely that Yaos was a Sibling. Just what Yaos was I'm still not quite certain, but he seems to have just blundered into the Warrens looking for his superweapon, and didn't know anything about Siblings or Oric.
Isn't that how we turned up at the start?
No, our motivations weren't defined.
I meant that we thought we'd just blundered into the warrens looking for (X) (in our case, loot), not knowing anything about Oric or the Siblings (well, except that Oric was apparently Awesome, and thus would logically have Awesome Loot).
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: June 16, 2013, 09:08:54 am »

I just realized something. Riltia is the Glass Guardian. Glass is not affected by acid, yet Riltia "died" by falling into an acid pit.

???

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: June 16, 2013, 09:10:25 am »

Glass is symbolic, I suppose. Strong, but shatters if put under to much pressure.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underside
« Reply #6080 on: June 16, 2013, 09:56:52 am »

GM: Is Riltia actually made of glass, or is it a title? Glass just tends not to do dissolve in acid.

It's her class. It determines starting skill and other important things that we haven't reached yet. It came from the item we used for the quest: an empty glass bottle.

I knew I indexed the thread for a reason!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: June 16, 2013, 10:03:56 am »

Hey, that's me from the past. *Waves

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: June 16, 2013, 11:07:13 am »

Riltia has DFS, right? If she's in any way bound, couldn't she just break free?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: June 16, 2013, 03:24:42 pm »

Riltia has DFS, right? If she's in any way bound, couldn't she just break free?
DFS isn't Kryptonian. She could be in chains or something.
But yes, if she was bound in certain ways and then abandoned, she could easily escape.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: June 16, 2013, 09:38:03 pm »

Hey, lurker here. That fangame is pretty fun. Riltia is seriously OP, though. I've got a high score of 3484* with her. ;)

*No that is not a typo.
Spoiler: Proof (click to show/hide)

Those spiders are ridiculously fast past ~3400. Fast as in 'blink and you've lost health' fast. Need a bit more practice with button-mashing and using Grass Knot when I need it before I can get much further, I think.

By the way, can you make the hallway longer? I'm basically stuck in the center by this point, because the spiders on the ceiling are coming a quarter of the way onto the level before they're too high to hit me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: June 16, 2013, 09:50:38 pm »

I agree that Riltia is the best character in the fangame by far.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: June 16, 2013, 09:52:43 pm »

Hey, lurker here. That fangame is pretty fun. Riltia is seriously OP, though. I've got a high score of 3484* with her. ;)

*No that is not a typo.

Those spiders are ridiculously fast past ~3400. Fast as in 'blink and you've lost health' fast. Need a bit more practice with button-mashing and using Grass Knot when I need it before I can get much further, I think.

By the way, can you make the hallway longer? I'm basically stuck in the center by this point, because the spiders on the ceiling are coming a quarter of the way onto the level before they're too high to hit me.
Thanks for the feedback! And sweet mackerel, that's ridiculous...
If you think that's the fastest I've seen those spiders go, though, you'd be wrong, when I first coded in the movement increase, I reversed a multiply sign and a divide sign by accident, they went so fast they fazed through Ciro and struck him before I could even see them.  :P

But yeah, the hallway does need to be a bit longer, there's actually a couple of technical things I've been meaning to fix along with that.

Huh, personally she's one of my least favorite to play as. I'm surprised she seems to be so popular.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: June 16, 2013, 10:32:52 pm »

Huh, personally she's one of my least favorite to play as. I'm surprised she seems to be so popular.
Isn't that exactly what FFS said about her?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: June 16, 2013, 11:05:02 pm »

Note that this is what killed my optimistic reboot of A Change of Scenery.

So it's dead-dead then.  :-\

It's literally impossible for me to run. I've re-made that last update that was never posted five times now. Sorry. I mentioned that in another thread.

Hahaha

FFS, a request: could you please stick all the characters met so far into a spoiler in the OP?

If someone wants to make a list that's fine, but an official list risks revealing insight into my totally 100% absolutely planned-in-advance Hierarchy of Plot Importance.

Hm. If I was smarter I would have done this along with the indexing, but I'm not, so I didn't. Well, the index mentions every named character when they are seen/leave the party, so I guess that's good enough for me.

Just before Yaos died (when Slog died, actually, which is why we missed it) Yaos gained 7 Red Gems in a turn I would have expected him to gain either 5 (for one turn) or 8 (for both together, as happened in the previous combat update.) Was that a typo, GM, or a clue?

It's interesting that combat caused Yaos to run through his Soul Star at double speed compared to just walking and talking. I wonder if he would still be alive if he hadn't spent all that time fighting the infinitely respawning monsters in the room we met him.

*No that is not a typo.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Minor announcement: Advanced Navigation now includes every game update. I broke the freaking character limit, but by god, I completed it! Just as well, having one spoiler with all of Chapter Two in it (six parts, Sinful Intermission, Spirit Duel, and the unnamed part we're playing right now) was not very search-friendly anyway. By the time this game is done, I'm gonna have like six of my posts repurposed to Advanced Navigation :P

Achievement Unlocked: Read Thread. Twice.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: June 16, 2013, 11:09:05 pm »

Alright, monk12, now go answer all of the theorycrafting questions :P
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1544