Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894528 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: We now return to...
« Reply #5025 on: May 31, 2013, 06:34:32 am »

Spoiler: My ideas (click to show/hide)
Then why didn't anything happen when we went to other alternate battle systems, or when we fought the Goombas?
The second theory is interesting, though...should we activate the tactical combat system and see what happens?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: May 31, 2013, 08:47:29 am »

Both theories are half baked, yes. They need a bit (a lot) of refining.
And who's saying I wasn't already a 'bit insane'? :p
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: May 31, 2013, 09:09:33 am »

I like Flabort's theory. But I'll go a little deeper with something it made me think.

Ciro is bound to the Warrens; his soul is there, and he(seems) to be the closest(or bound) to the OS. Being taken away from the OS causes him discomfort, but breaking the fundamental rules of his Universe might have tore away some of Ciro's bindings to the dimension/OS; causing him to become less generalized and giving him more overall free thought and emotion.(as demonstrated by his whining after the first arena battle, and his crazy loneliness puppets).
This cycle also has some of the greatest inconsistencies, meaning someone/thing was tampering with the cycles(looking at you Spira); causing memories to overlap, and other unseen damage. BetweenFord is also not watching the OS as he should be, so Spira; once again could be tampering with it.
I see the the Soul as a heart of Hearts, but the OS would seem like it would have be a Heart of the Heart of Hearts.

To summarize, less connection to Oversoul due to traveling, and breaking universal rules 

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: May 31, 2013, 11:48:42 am »

I'm starting to think Ciro's bleeding was from spending Soul Charge on the Tactical Combat System, but that killing the Mets balanced it back out.

I think the Mets were normal rather than Illborn due to not actually being in the Warrens-verse. Killing non-Illborn should give Soul Charge, but being robots with minimal souls in the first place they weren't worth much.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: May 31, 2013, 03:32:35 pm »

Whew. Just finished reading. Everything.
Took almost a WEEK to get through this. Why?! Why must it be so awesome?!
A week? What, were you doing something else important or something? I finished in a day or two.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: May 31, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »

Whew. Just finished reading. Everything.
Took almost a WEEK to get through this. Why?! Why must it be so awesome?!
A week? What, were you doing something else important or something? I finished in a day or two.
I agree, it took me 4 hours over a single day to read the whole thing.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: May 31, 2013, 04:25:44 pm »

All posts, or just the updates?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: May 31, 2013, 05:15:23 pm »

I'm starting to think Ciro's bleeding was from spending Soul Charge on the Tactical Combat System, but that killing the Mets balanced it back out.

I think the Mets were normal rather than Illborn due to not actually being in the Warrens-verse. Killing non-Illborn should give Soul Charge, but being robots with minimal souls in the first place they weren't worth much.

While this is possible, the likelihood of those Mets providing exactly the same amount of Soul Charge as going into Tactical Combat costs is really low. Besides, non-Illborn just means that they have Soul Charge, which the Mets probably didn't.

Which leads to my next theorycrafting blurb:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: May 31, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »

When did we see proof that Oric or Cain could Oversoul?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: May 31, 2013, 05:36:10 pm »

All posts, or just the updates?
all posts
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: May 31, 2013, 05:54:05 pm »

When did we see proof that Oric or Cain could Oversoul?

During the Sinful intermission, Cain showed huge amounts of power, being able to break the chains repeatedly and turn off the lights in his holding cell. That's reminiscent of Oversoul. Since Oric was the one who imprisoned Cain, it makes since that he would be able to Oversoul too.

Also, Oric's title is "The Awesome", and he's intended as the final boss. It would only make sense for him to be able to Oversoul, especially considering the theory that Ciro will become Oric after killing him (hence the cycles).

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: May 31, 2013, 06:25:55 pm »

While this is possible, the likelihood of those Mets providing exactly the same amount of Soul Charge as going into Tactical Combat costs is really low. Besides, non-Illborn just means that they have Soul Charge, which the Mets probably didn't.

Which leads to my next theorycrafting blurb:

I suspect that the reason Oric wants Ciro dead is much different: Remember that the Target keeps showing up and getting killed. That is, Ciro keeps getting reincarnated and going through the dungeon. It appears that this is actually how Oric wants things to go.

So my guess is that Ciro acts as a Soul accumulator. Either accumulating soul charge, adding potency to his/her soul by gaining levels/stats/etc, or by killing, recruiting to their deaths, or otherwise collecting the souls of souled beings. Which Oric then acquires by killing Ciro and restarting the cycle.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: May 31, 2013, 07:56:17 pm »

Why not insert some of our blood into the machine?
Gols
Blood slime.

Not finished reading yet, but gotta say this
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: May 31, 2013, 08:30:01 pm »

Erm, no, non-Illborn means they aren't Illborn, whether that be by having Soul Charge, being an inanimate object/robot(maybe?), or working off a different universe's set of rules. Given they presumably never went into the Warrens, and thus didn't have their soul ripped out and fiddled with, them being non-Illborn is pretty much a certainty.
As for getting back exactly the same amount of Soul Charge, perhaps the costs were both extremely small, and thus not enough to move the bar when taken together. Or, perhaps the cost of beginning Tactical Combat was refunded upon victory.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: May 31, 2013, 09:45:36 pm »

Hm... Crazy idea. Maybe Oric is an Illborne and wants to become non-illborne again? In order to do that, he'd need an insane amount of soul energy though in one go, which would require Ciro. So he wants to kill Ciro for his soul power.

Its been established that Soul Star users can be illborne but still not crazy, take Chief. What's to say that Oric isn't the same?
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 1544