Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3893433 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: We now return to...
« Reply #4920 on: May 30, 2013, 01:54:05 am »

Well, we can look at new mercenaries, sure. Just that after that we at least TRY to get the healer.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: May 30, 2013, 01:57:50 am »

Well, we can look at new mercenaries, sure. Just that after that we at least TRY to get the healer.
We've been doing that every time we go into the dungeon.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: May 30, 2013, 02:04:59 am »

We.... Really havent. We've tried it once and that was when we met Yaos. TWICE, if you count the whole Entering the crate room and losing Al/Riltia.
The point is, we should try again.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: May 30, 2013, 02:20:56 am »

There are no dead Siblings,
That we're aware of. Alternatively, they're all dead, for a given value of "dead".

Riltia and Ciro are the only offline ones. It'd be pretty tough to be online and dead at the same time. And I doubt any have died since then, as we've seen how strong the Siblings are (excluding Riltia and Ciro, who have both died, sort of).

and the soul star doesn't belong to any of the Siblings. You can see their symbols in Sinful.
Except Cain. Though it's not really the right colour for that.

Character color scheme and soul star color seem to go together somewhat. Ciro's is the only one we've seen that's not matching. It's blue-ish (I think, I'm colorblind so don't judge), while Ciro was white, and is now red. However, Cain said that the Thief (Oric) stole his star, and something tells me Oric wouldn't just leave the soul star of an incredibly powerful sibling laying around in the greens. He probably still has it with him. I'm sticking with my initial guess of Cherish.

Actually, I'm all in favour of getting a new mercenary.

As am I. But I want Slog back, just the same. I'm perfectly ok with him coming back different than he was; he wasn't terribly useful before. There's no where to go but up!

We.... Really havent. We've tried it once and that was when we met Yaos. TWICE, if you count the whole Entering the crate room and losing Al/Riltia.

We've been exploring. However, the loss of 2 major party members, meeting another character, and having an epic Spirit Duel kind of took precedence. We don't really have any options other than blindly exploring, since we lost that scroll to that bot.

Speaking of which, we have yet to find that bot and either apologize or obliterate it. That should be on the list of things to do on DL2.

I'm gonna scour the thread tomorrow and try to come up with answers for the other two theorycrafting questions.

Here are some thoughts on the internal bleeding:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:10:13 am by Mego »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: May 30, 2013, 03:46:46 am »

Guys I'm pretty sure FFS is hinting that we should leave.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: May 30, 2013, 03:51:37 am »

We have no idea where in the dungeon it is, so every time we go in there we've stood a chance of finding it. We've just been unlucky. In more than just not finding the gem, too...

There are no dead Siblings,
That we're aware of. Alternatively, they're all dead, for a given value of "dead".
Riltia and Ciro are the only offline ones. It'd be pretty tough to be online and dead at the same time. And I doubt any have died since then, as we've seen how strong the Siblings are (excluding Riltia and Ciro, who have both died, sort of).
I was both suggesting Riltia may have died wherever she is, and obliquely referencing the fact that whoever the siblings originally were is probably long dead and gone given how this cycle business seems to effect them.

and the soul star doesn't belong to any of the Siblings. You can see their symbols in Sinful.
Except Cain. Though it's not really the right colour for that.
Character color scheme and soul star color seem to go together somewhat. Ciro's is the only one we've seen that's not matching. It's blue-ish (I think, I'm colorblind so don't judge), while Ciro was white, and is now red. However, Cain said that the Thief (Oric) stole his star, and something tells me Oric wouldn't just leave the soul star of an incredibly powerful sibling laying around in the greens. He probably still has it with him. I'm sticking with my initial guess of Cherish.
I agree it's most likely not Cain, just pointing out there was an oversight in your argument.

Speaking of which, we have yet to find that bot and either apologize or obliterate it. That should be on the list of things to do on DL2.
Finding it would be good, but it may well have gone back to Proxxy (or fallen down a pit somewhere). Not much we can do about it if that's happened, though, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

The statues also are in the shape of angels.
And now I'm imagining the dungeon being run by a bunch of weeping angels, feeding off the potential energy from the repeated deaths of those inside.
Great.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: May 30, 2013, 05:11:52 am »

Guys, I don't think the tube is how we're going to restore Slog. Perhaps we can use the essence as an additional ingredient at the Dark Cathedral?

I wonder if we can shove the spellbook into the Skill Tree. I suspect either we can't, or we can but we lose the additional spells when one gets used for upgrading.

Also, -1 to shoving the Soul Star into the tube.

If we want to move the plot along, let us:

A) Find what's dropping the monsters into the room we met Yaos in. Make that nonsense stop.
B) Use the big key we obtained from the lightning bolt chest to open the door north. I suspect this is a Boss Room Key (have we checked its menu?) so...
C) Fight boss. Go downstairs to DL3 and try to find Al and Riltia.

As a bonus to this, we may want to look around a little more for the ruby so we can get that healer. We are so low on party members right now that it's starting to get a little scary.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: May 30, 2013, 06:59:07 am »

Scoured the thread and found this:

Another angel found (I think)!
Because obviously nobody like me didn't point out anything like this any time like a week ago, right? RIGHT?!

Don't do that. Stop and consider the consequences, folks.
The worst that could happen is evil Slog.
Do EET.
It really isnt.

Don't do it Ciro!
What else can we possibly do to advance the story? Do it!
YES DO IT

-1 to any exploring. We seriously need to offload some loot. Which we can't do without resurrecting Slog, even if he comes back wrong.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: May 30, 2013, 07:00:54 am »

BTW I vote not to put it in and go explore. Also if that belongs to Cherish as theorized earlier it could do some very bad things...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 30, 2013, 07:08:50 am »

SlimegirlSlogCherish? Not sure if want...

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52:58 am »

After Putting blood inside Tube, leave Greens; continue through StageLeft Outer Underside.

Also, throw Energy Grass into the Top of the LSS

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:00:50 am by javierpwn »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: May 30, 2013, 07:55:09 am »

Hasn't anyone considered shoving the essence of slog in with his remains?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: May 30, 2013, 08:07:13 am »

Idea! Combine a Energy Weed and Energy Leafs into the reagent section of Skill Tree
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:31:36 am by javierpwn »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: May 30, 2013, 08:29:22 am »

THROW IN THAT GODDAMN SOUL STAR AND A FEW PENCE FOR GOOD MEASURE AND RUN OFF TO BUY FOODS

hey guys there's a chance to get slog back so i got poked and here we are
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1544