Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3813614 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #3000 on: April 25, 2013, 04:55:56 pm »

WAIT

Maybe the Elder is the Thief. Cain mentioned that the thief had taken away his Soul Star, which is the Green One. And we got the Green One from the Elder.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: April 25, 2013, 05:05:22 pm »

Well, that's certainly an old theory... But remember how we saw nothing when we scanned ourselves? Remember when we scanned Oric and saw nothing too? How much you wanna bet that scanning those who have soul stars get nothing? How much you wanna bet that if we scanned Mayor, we wouldn't see anything either? I knew that scanner was a good thing to keep around.

EDIT:

When we're done with the arena, we have to scan the Mayor, to prove whether or not s/he is the Thief.

Oh, right, the arena... We should probably give actions for that.

RILTIA: Move three to the right to land on the lower platform, guard to block all hits to Slog and Ciro.
CIRO: Cast the float spell on Al so he can cross the upper gap, move three spaces to the right so we can ranged attack the lower Met next turn, Guard if possible after that.
Al: When floaty, cross three spaces to the right and stay floating thanks to floaty spell, cast Elemental Bulwark and Guard if possible for maximum Protection!
SLOG: Move three spaces to the right so you can also hit the Met next turn, Guard.

Anyone notice that the spellbook has three slots, one red, two blank? Are the other two green, or will clicking one remove the red from the first? Because if they're green without removing the red from the first, they augment the first spell, if not then they're just separate spells. We should experiment with this later.

EDIT MK II(Last Edit, I swear): Just remembered actually, can't we just restore our previous stats thanks to the save slot? Why are we so focused on getting a healer for the arena? I understand elsewhere, but for here we can just restore our save and get our health and stuff back. Although it raises the question as to what happens if we restore a save when other party members weren't present to also cast their save into it, as it just contains ours and not Slog's or Al's. Will it make them go away? Or will it just not affect them?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:17:36 pm by Xanmyral »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: April 25, 2013, 07:47:53 pm »

Q4Oric built the warrens so he could have some amusement watching his siblings fight, die and have fights. Everyone has to find some form of amusement while in an underground vault/spaceship; especially when you can do whatever you want in there...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: April 25, 2013, 08:30:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just read through that whole series of threads, and DAMMIT DERM WHY MUST YOU DO ALL THE AWESOME THINGS

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: April 25, 2013, 09:55:46 pm »

GWG, I see you noticed my typo. Shame on me. That was meant to be 'constant contact' meaning we've been staying close to him for some time.
Ah.
Could be a factor, perhaps.

I also don't go from "Feeling fine!" to "Oh got by doze is stuffy ad I'b coughig up by guts!" within minutes.
You also don't exist in a magical world with slimes that blorble.
We might as well guess that it has to do with invisible magical pixies.

If we are correct, and I am understanding the theory, then some magic is trying to drag us back to the dungeon or push us away from the foreign object. The first is unlikely as the first arena was much longer. The second is more likely.
Hm. Maybe, but I'm still doubtful about it since it just suddenly happened.

I should streamline this.

Actually, we got the pain once we changed from our style to Megaman's style of fighting, correct? Maybe it was a reflex to the different mechanics. But that would leave the question 'why didn't anybody else get the same result' to answer...
Indeed. There's so many problems with these theories that we really don't have much clue.

Calm yourselves.  I can almost FEEL the smug expression FFS must be wearing watching you struggle to figure this stuff out.  Especially if it WAS just a joke.
Same.

Spoiler: Theorycrafting: (click to show/hide)

Everyone: GUARD. NOW.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: April 25, 2013, 09:58:24 pm »

((At some point, someone is going to reread the entire thread because they lack sanity and then finally get one of those questions right. I pity the fool. Update(s) plural tomorrow, most likely!))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:05 pm »

1) Where do Illborn come from and what do they want?
They come from the Warrens themselves. They came with the dungeon back when it was still a plain ol' dungeon crawler parody, so the only desire common to all of them is the desire to kill the Target.
Actually, looking back at the beginning of the thread, the first creature we found was actually non-violent until we provoked it, so it doesn't seem likely that they all want to kill the Target, assuming we are the target.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:51 pm »

1) Where do Illborn come from and what do they want?
They come from the Warrens themselves. They came with the dungeon back when it was still a plain ol' dungeon crawler parody, so the only desire common to all of them is the desire to kill the Target.
Actually, looking back at the beginning of the thread, the first creature we found was actually non-violent until we provoked it, so it doesn't seem likely that they all want to kill the Target, assuming we are the target.

Basically, the dungeon was neutral to us until we attacked one of the entities that comprised it.

Pacifist runs are overrated anyway.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: April 25, 2013, 10:56:48 pm »

Freeform said himself he's been ass-pulling backstory to make this fit our actions.  Therefore, whatever the answer, it's ultimately YOUR fault it all happened!  (not mine because I only got in here recently, heheh)
The man(?) is a genius for making it all fit together so smoothly.  About the blood?  Well, someone we aren't watching has our astral influx thing.  Someone now working for our ENEMY.  Fair chance Proxxy has been poking it like a voodoo doll this entire time and only now found something that works.  She ABSOLUTELY knows it's ours, since she likely knows what all the other siblings have, and since she's been told to kill us she was probably told what one WE have by Oric so she can easily tell us from anyone else down here.  Hell, they might even lock it up with Cain so we can't use it's power until we defeat someone so strong he scares Oric!

PS:  As I said, Freeform has been stealing ideas from us, so if any of this is true you CAN blame me for it heheheh...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: April 25, 2013, 10:58:36 pm »

Freeform said himself he's been ass-pulling backstory to make this fit our actions.  Therefore, whatever the answer, it's ultimately YOUR fault it all happened!  (not mine because I only got in here recently, heheh)

((Actually, that's the only cardinal forum game writing sin I have not done here.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: April 25, 2013, 11:49:39 pm »

Gotta ask, whatever happened to Mili? Random question, but I think she was brought back, wasn't she?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: April 25, 2013, 11:54:28 pm »

Nope, Proxxy's wall mentioned that she was too far gone or something
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: April 25, 2013, 11:58:39 pm »

Ah. Just remembered that randomly out of the blue. I can't really add to any suggestions on the theorycrafting, other than the fact that Al is playing some weird role. Illborn really hate him for some reason, yet they're decidedly neutral to us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: April 26, 2013, 12:07:41 am »

I think Milli was merged in with Ciro, hence why Ciro is now a girl, and possess some magic (Milli was a dark magic user or something if I recall right) so basically Milli is back, and she's the main character.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: April 26, 2013, 12:08:17 am »

That didn't come off well, b_knight. FFS knows how to pull things, and doing it /that/ way isn't how he does it, as far as I can see.

And that's due to me reading the whole thread.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1544