Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3810486 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #2970 on: April 24, 2013, 07:04:52 pm »

On the 'nobody else is suffering the effects', i'm putting that down to US being the Target. We are the critical part of our universe. So only we would suffer from the 'dungeon withdrawl' and I am going to refer to it for now on. If Al leaves, who cares. There are more vampires. Ritila leaves, who cares. More glass women. Slog leaves? More slimes in the dungeon. Or we, as a fleshy glass cannon, are suffering from it more than anyone else is. Ritila is a warrior, Al is a warrior/mage bastard child combination, Slog can't bleed and Megaman is very tough I believe. If we stay long enough then if I am correct, they should start having the same problems we are.

Or...

I personally thought it was Ciro reacting to learning that critical hits won't work here.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: April 24, 2013, 09:10:34 pm »

I think Cherish is a ? because she made a costume change in that animation of Proxxy beating Al with Cherish
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: April 24, 2013, 09:33:06 pm »

On the 'nobody else is suffering the effects', i'm putting that down to US being the Target. We are the critical part of our universe. So only we would suffer from the 'dungeon withdrawl' and I am going to refer to it for now on. If Al leaves, who cares. There are more vampires. Ritila leaves, who cares. More glass women. Slog leaves? More slimes in the dungeon. Or we, as a fleshy glass cannon, are suffering from it more than anyone else is. Ritila is a warrior, Al is a warrior/mage bastard child combination, Slog can't bleed and Megaman is very tough I believe. If we stay long enough then if I am correct, they should start having the same problems we are.
The former idea about us being important doesn't make sense, since it should have happened last arena. The second idea...maybe, but again, why didn't it happen last time?

Or...
I personally thought it was Ciro reacting to learning that critical hits won't work here.
Quite possible.

I think Cherish is a ? because she made a costume change in that animation of Proxxy beating Al with Cherish
Probably, yeah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: April 24, 2013, 09:46:02 pm »

Perhaps it's simply because we've been away from the dungeon longer than the last arena fight?

Or maybe Ciro should just cut back on the cholesterol intake. Heart attacks can be unhealthy, y'know. Don't get me started on heart explosions.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: April 24, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »

This is the second or third turn. The last arena battle was several turns.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: April 24, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »

Honestly, I don't know, but I still have a feeling its due to being away from the dungeon, or something that wasn't suppose to happen that did happen. I really doubt its something as mundane as "becoming the vampire" or something like that. I doubt it was for a joke either... So all I can guess is these two things: Being away from the dungeon is bad for our health, and two, Cherish is doing something weird with our soul.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 24, 2013, 10:19:56 pm »

I highly doubt that this arena is so much worse than the previous.
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: April 24, 2013, 10:25:13 pm »

Probably. But perhaps it has more to do with Megaman being there than the actual arena. Perhaps not though, I don't really know. I'm just trying to think of why Ciro would be coughing blood and having stabbing chest pains.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: April 24, 2013, 10:26:06 pm »

The last arena we didn't run into a character that is the critical* character in their own universe. Ciro and Megaman may not be mixing well in the multiverse.

*Most important

Probably. But perhaps it has more to do with Megaman being there than the actual arena. Perhaps not though, I don't really know. I'm just trying to think of why Ciro would be coughing blood and having stabbing chest pains.

... Ninja'd...
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: April 24, 2013, 10:26:55 pm »

Blue Bomber*: Jump gap and slide kick the bottom Metalax
Ciro:  Back up two and fire Clot Cutter at bottom
Slog:  Frizz the bottom
Riltia:  Move one right and two down, hope to land safely on feet.  Tank for the hurt squishies.
Al:  Advance along top, preparing to flying leap across.**

*I'm assuming we can suggest for him.  Disregard if no.

**I'm aware it's a four step gap with a move of three.  I hope momentum will let him grab the ledge.

I'm +1'ing this, although we won't be able to control Megaman. If he was in our party, he'd be in the passive slot, thus not a controllable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 24, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »

If Megaman's presence caused the issues, why did nothing start until now? It would be simplicity itself for freeformschooler to have added a pained expression on Ciro's face or a dribble of blood or a mention of pain or something earlier, but nothing happened until now. What changed?
Sig

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: April 24, 2013, 10:33:58 pm »

I'm gonna make this clearer. Give me a moment...

-Yay clarity-

When you get things like the flu or cold, you don't start hacking and sneezing and get fevers and such as soon as the virus gets inside your body. It takes a bit longer than that to start affecting you. Same with the Megaman/Ciro theory. If we just highfived him then walked away, it wouldn't had affected us and would had went away. But because we have been near him, it's began to affect us.

Disclaimer: Not a doctor. May be really, really wrong
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:38:01 pm by Corai »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: April 24, 2013, 10:35:18 pm »

Beats me, but wasn't it stated that we felt a powerful presence in this arena when we arrived? If we could just feel his presence when he was away, perhaps being closer to him wouldn't be as good. I mean, we didn't even feel such a thing when we were by Oric himself, yet we do here and now when we're by Megaman. As for why now and not later, I can't rightly say either, it may not be him.

But it is important, that much I know, which is why I'm trying to figure it out. You don't just randomly get a stabbing chest pain in the heart and cough blood and forget about it, that doesn't mean good things.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »

If you get the flu, do you instantly start coughing or does it set in later? Same here. It could had only took effect now because we've been in contact contact with him.
I also don't go from "Feeling fine!" to "Oh got by doze is stuffy ad I'b coughig up by guts!" within minutes. And what defines "contact contact"?

Beats me, but wasn't it stated that we felt a powerful presence in this arena when we arrived? If we could just feel his presence when he was away, perhaps being closer to him wouldn't be as good. I mean, we didn't even feel such a thing when we were by Oric himself, yet we do here and now when we're by Megaman. As for why now and not later, I can't rightly say either, it may not be him.
I'd also like to again ask why there weren't intermediate stages. No unpleasant faces or anything.

But it is important, that much I know, which is why I'm trying to figure it out. You don't just randomly get a stabbing chest pain in the heart and cough blood and forget about it, that doesn't mean good things.
Agreed.
I might give characters in my suggestion games stabbing pains just to see how the players react.
Sig

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:00 pm »

GWG, I see you noticed my typo. Shame on me. That was meant to be 'constant contact' meaning we've been staying close to him for some time.

I also don't go from "Feeling fine!" to "Oh got by doze is stuffy ad I'b coughig up by guts!" within minutes.

You also don't exist in a magical world with slimes that blorble. If we are correct, and I am understanding the theory, then some magic is trying to drag us back to the dungeon or push us away from the foreign object. The first is unlikely as the first arena was much longer. The second is more likely.

I should streamline this.

---

Actually, we got the pain once we changed from our style to Megaman's style of fighting, correct? Maybe it was a reflex to the different mechanics. But that would leave the question 'why didn't anybody else get the same result' to answer...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:45:16 pm by Corai »
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1544