Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3810610 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: It's a Party Now
« Reply #2805 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:26 am »

Okay, I just want to know, why do we need a healer? healers are for NEwBBs! nO0BS and scurbs with NO SKILL!
So that we can avoid another unplanned class and sex change.
Wait...You're saying we DON'T want to spontaneously grow genetalia?

the split second we manage to put ciro's genitalia into a state of quantum flux, we know we're doing things right.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: April 15, 2013, 11:06:33 am »

In all seriousness, though, we SHOULD do the Met fight, as we know we can beat it, being at the level of strength we are, and then we can take our loot and HATS on our adventure around D2. Does that sound ok to all of you? I mean, a healer is okay, but we don't need it really THAT much. We can hold off for a couple turns.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 15, 2013, 11:44:04 am »

I don't know, I'd just feel safer having someone who could actually restore hp to our party, and we can hold off the arena for a couple of turns.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: April 15, 2013, 12:14:16 pm »

I don't know, I'd just feel safer having someone who could actually restore hp to our party, and we can hold off the arena for a couple of turns.
Well, we've only died as the character we were playing as once, I'm pretty sure, and that was because we weren't well equipped. Now we have a full party, we're well equipped, and we're going up against little blobs of goo in Construction helmets. I think we're okay.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: April 15, 2013, 01:36:24 pm »

The metfight is almost zero risk, and we get a new hat for Slog. Searching for the ruby is medium risk, and takes a lot longer. We should do the metfight first, then get the ruby.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: April 15, 2013, 01:56:55 pm »

The metfight is almost zero risk, and we get a new hat for Slog. Searching for the ruby is medium risk, and takes a lot longer. We should do the metfight first, then get the ruby.

This exactly.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: April 15, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »

Well, we've only died as the character we were playing as once, I'm pretty sure, and that was because we weren't well equipped. Now we have a full party, we're well equipped, and we're going up against little blobs of goo in Construction helmets. I think we're okay.
actually, everyone in our current party, other than Slog, has died at least once. I also think the arena fight is a good plan. We're right next to it, anyways.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: April 15, 2013, 03:09:06 pm »

I vote for arena.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: April 15, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »

actually, everyone in our current party, other than Slog, has died at least once. I also think the arena fight is a good plan. We're right next to it, anyways.

But only Ciro died while we were playing as him. And Al has not died, I'm fairly sure.

Also, ARENAAAAAAAA

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: April 15, 2013, 03:54:56 pm »

Al got cut in half, then we OVERSOUL'd and put him back together.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:57:39 pm by javierpwn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: April 15, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

Al got cut in half, then we OVERSOUL'd and put him back together.
Ohyah, forgot 'bout dat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: April 15, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »

But the arena fight is low risk, and the ruby quest could take an extended period of time. We don't know the precise location of the ruby, or what stands between it and ourselves.
These, essentially.

Get the ruby. If we get the wrong ruby, we can sell it for stuff, in addition to finding stuff. Also, we can grab everything we find and take back to the shop to sell if it's useless.
Remind me, what ruby have we seen?
None. That's the problem.

Basically: We know where the arena fight is and what the risk is (near zero). We have NO idea where the ruby could be, nor of what danger we will face when we look for it. I'd rather do the arena fight first. We're not exactly going to be facing balrogs, guys. You can tell from the lack of wings.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 15, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

Meeeetfiiiiight.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 15, 2013, 04:36:11 pm »

Basically: We know where the arena fight is and what the risk is (near zero). We have NO idea where the ruby could be, nor of what danger we will face when we look for it. I'd rather do the arena fight first. We're not exactly going to be facing balrogs, guys. You can tell from the lack of wings.

My roguelike logic agrees; better to take the path of best success rate. We know for sure where to find the arena, but searching for the ruby is an extra and unnecessary risk compared to the almost guaranteed loot from the arena.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 1544