Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900767 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I'm failing to find a good way to say 'acknowledged but still stop it'.

Sooooo

Got it, stop.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Know ALL THE MAGIC
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

COUNTER-ARREST ORICOP
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE BUT RISES AGAIN SILLIER AND CRUDER

*points at wonderful and helpful fairy friend.*
"Ask my friend here! I am certain that they will regale you with all that you could wish to know!"
Note to self: Review ethical implications of wilfully subjecting others to... helpful advice...
"First, let's try moving around! Use the right stick to move, and the left to look around! Try it now!"

: "So you have no idea and can't be bothered to learn."

Buff Man: Demonstrate knowledge of combat on nearby chunk of ground.
[1]vs[5] You hurt your hand. You don't let onto this fact, but still.

Etheral Cacophony
Obviously.

Damage: [5]
Healing: [2]
huehuehuehuehue

Tomboyish Specter: [6][3] No effect, unless you want to counter yourself
Bloodied Hacker: [4][6] Take 1 damage, you probably want to counter derm: [6][4][2]vs[4][1][4], [3]vs[6], [2+1]vs[5]
Bloodied Hacker takes some Ethereal Cacophony to the face, but rolls under the vile healing waves that came with it to remove much of Tomboyish Specter's face. Specter is ready for her predictable backhand swing, though, and gives a swipe with her spear that doesn't quite hit. Tomboyish Specter takes 2 damage, Bloodied Hacker makes it out clean.
Prettiest Pugilist: [6][1], [4]vs[3] You probably don't want to counter Tomboyish Specter, but her healing effects utterly overwhelm you, healing 2 HP. You were at full HP already so it's kind of a waste, but neat.
Corpse Pile: [5+1][4+1] You take 0 damage. This should kill you, dealing as much damage as your max HP and all, but reality is kind of generous on that point.
Confusing Time-Traveler: [3][2] Take damage, dodge healing. Obviously.
Oh and you stagger to your knees. You're not actually dead, fortunately, but you don't like being at 0 HP. You don't like it one bit.
Resilient Necromancer: [6][2] You generously decide not to counter Tomboy for her impotent assault.
L&C: [2][3] You take damage. You think?
Chosen One: [4][4] Damage.
Overcorpse (formerly known as !!!OOHOPTT:OOO::!!! or somesuch): [5][4] No effect. This new body is working out!
Buff Man: [1][2], [2]vs[1], [1]vs[2] You take two damage from Ethereal Cacophony and magnanimously decide not to answer in kind.
Unearthly Hypnotist: [4][4] No effect.
Giant Fireball: [4][5] No effect.

Ethereal Weave: [3][6] Blue Lady generously decides not to counter Specter's healing song. More amazingly, she actually redirects the healing straight back to her! Wow! [5]vs[1], [4]vs[3] It slams her straight in the face, full healing all the rents that maniac with the axe made in that maniac with the song.

"I don't have the time to know how combat works, I just got here!
I mean, it should mostly involve punching things."
Reverse time for the dead idiots until they become not-dead.

You are going to need WAY more Sand for that.

Pile up the corpses and wear them as a hat.
You're the prettiest princess! Also it gives a bonus to your defenses which you sort of desperately need because even a stiff breeze will instantly kill you.

Dodge!
Good guess, but Ethereal Weave doesn't murder you just yet. Tomboyish Specter does, but you successfully dodge that, so mission accomplished.

Attempt to smash through floor.
Why do swole pink things hate architecture so much

[6][3]vs[5][5] You don't punch through the floor, but you do dent it quite a bit.

: "We need this to live. That means stop. That means if you keep doing that I'll murder you and you won't get to do it any more anyway, and will also not get any more shiny objects."

"Hit foes. Foes die."

Peek left.
There's a deliciously removable grate followed by probably lootable ruins. Only the fear of dying alone followed by your allies killing and looting the things you just softened keeps you from diving into it like the loot and exploration addict you are.

"Hey, I'm supposed to have a fairy!  REEEEEEEE FIX THIS GM.

And sort of.  Now can someone explain to me how to remove hants?
"
Equip own corpse, w/precedent from Angry Boot here.  Complain my fairy into existence.
It works! Sort of! You're a zombie now, essentially. You are no longer plagued by unremovable headgear waiting to kill you the moment you do anything useful, but no longer have infinity everything either. Probably healthier in the long run?

*Thick Russian accent* "Roll attack d6 against enemy defence d6. If glorious RNG smiles upon you, you are rewarded with glorious blood. Allies cast dangerous magic, if RNG smiles on them, you will not be having blood today. Life is short and painful, there is only blood."

Review Blood Hacker stats and abilities, as well as Fairy Bloodaxe stats.
If fireman actually decides to light everything on fire right this second now, open up his her head as a demonstration.

Fireman does not light everyone on fire. Ghostly whelpthing does, and your resulting exchange demonstrates your ability, if not necessarily precise knowledge, of combat quite nicely. You find your stats conveniently located in a spoiler allllll the way at the bottom of the post.

: "Close. You forgot to mention the part where you give or get extra tries on 1s and 6s."

"Basically, just set everything on fire."

Everyone knows how to do that, right? You just kind of vigorously envision everything bursting into flame as hard as you can.
: "..."

Basically, just set everything on fire.

Everyone knows how to do that, right? You just kind of vigorously envision everything bursting into flame as hard as you can.

Run away from that maniac.
You hide safely behind the nice ghost fai- SON of a BITCH.

You are Kephri, better known as Ethereal Weave, and you have a decision to make. Outside this vent, the forces of darkness lie in wait, blocking rebuilding efforts for a peaceful (hah) village and its associated economic contribution. You have with you a gaggle of only slightly damaged Errants, but also a lifeline to bring in Novices. Errants are powerful but about as mentally stable as a grease fire, while Novices are loyal but in serious danger of being eaten alive by small rodents.

So here's the thing. This village extends in four directions around this vent, starting top and going clockwise in the form of the Council, Market, Residential, and Outpost districts. Standard operations call for about 4 individuals per party, you've got 12 Errants left, it's pretty easy math. You're gonna call in 4 more Novices to round out your brittle psychopaths and hopefully start training up some reliable people, and then you're going to shovel the resulting 16 princesses into four different directions to clear out this village and claim it for yourself.

The question, then, is whether you're going to glom the Novices together to get the ones who survive to like each other, or sprinkle them through the brute squads and hope they aren't corrupted too badly by insanity and incompetence. You also need to figure out who you're going to shove together with who and where you're going to send them, as the odds of a dozen Errants splitting themselves off evenly are pretty laughable.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Mooks (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Combine  Etheral Cacophony and Frilly Fairy Dress into the Frozen Ballet Ballad. File away technique for future use.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

((Oh god.))

Finish the damn searchbot spawnpoint, dammit. This continues to be a good idea.

MULTITASK: Assist own action.

DUALSOULMULTITASK: Claim to be mostly sane despite the whole berzerker routine. Request to be sent north with two Novices and another Errant.

TRIPLESOULSUGGESTIONMULTITASK: Split up the Novices into two groups of two, two to the North, and two to the Nouth. Accompany those groups with the more sane Errants, and send the less predictable Errants to the East and West. They might not make it very far, but they'll certainly act as a distraction.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Query: What is the difference between sprinkling brutes amongst brute squads and gloming brutes together? It just seems like you get a glom of brutes in all scenarios...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are the different areas elementally themed, or do they each contain enemies of varying elements—or are the vast majority of local enemies not elemental at all?

If we want to ensure optimal role/affinity balance, we'll need to wait until we know the Novices' information. Bring them in ASAP!

(IronyOwl, do we need to create the squads before we see the Novices' stats?)

edit: oh no

oh no

our only healing skill is Ethereal Cacophony
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:11:44 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Sorry for the double-post, but it's been 90 minutes and I have a party plan.) The forum doesn't respect Daylight Savings Time; it's actually been half an hour. Sorry about that!

I classify people as "Physical Attackers" and "Magic Attackers"; in retrospect, that seems kinda pointless, since there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between physical attacks and magical ones. Classifying people as Good Attackers and Bad Attackers would be more useful, probably, as would listing attack elements.

Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

I dont get it. I thought I dodged tomboyish specter's attack, but i took damage from it. whunuh?

I go... somewhere and ask for directions to wherever it is i was going again?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

(Sorry for the double-post, but it's been 90 minutes and I have a party plan.) The forum doesn't respect Daylight Savings Time; it's actually been half an hour. Sorry about that!

I classify people as "Physical Attackers" and "Magic Attackers"; in retrospect, that seems kinda pointless, since there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between physical attacks and magical ones. Classifying people as Good Attackers and Bad Attackers would be more useful, probably, as would listing attack elements.

Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)
"I agree completely with this plan..."

Resilient Necromancer complies with the plan completely.

((If this game falters again, I'll be ready to step in with Roll to Slay Oric. HEH.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Do my bit of that plan.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm pretty sure we're in suggestion game mode, meaning that we can't actually command our own characters.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Uhhh

Potato.

Yes, that is an action.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Query: What is the difference between sprinkling brutes amongst brute squads and gloming brutes together? It just seems like you get a glom of brutes in all scenarios...
The Novices aren't very brutish. Relatively speaking, at least.

Are the different areas elementally themed, or do they each contain enemies of varying elements—or are the vast majority of local enemies not elemental at all?

If we want to ensure optimal role/affinity balance, we'll need to wait until we know the Novices' information. Bring them in ASAP!

(IronyOwl, do we need to create the squads before we see the Novices' stats?)

edit: oh no

oh no

our only healing skill is Ethereal Cacophony
Unclear, no, yes, huehuehuehue.

I dont get it. I thought I dodged tomboyish specter's attack, but i took damage from it. whunuh?

I go... somewhere and ask for directions to wherever it is i was going again?
Oops. You rolled 2v5 and so did not dodge (the damage part, you dodged the healing just fine!), but then later in the turn I think I confused you with... Resilient Necromancer, maybe?

Clearly your frazzlement is contagious.

((If this game falters again, I'll be ready to step in with Roll to Slay Oric. HEH.))
Plans within plans! Cut off one head and two sillier ones takes its place!

((I'm pretty sure we're in suggestion game mode, meaning that we can't actually command our own characters.))
No, you can also try just going off on your own. It'll probably end in disaster, but when has that ever not been true?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 1544