Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900698 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #2115 on: March 19, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »

Try poking the pawns.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:01 pm »

OH HEY! There's the room with the stuff we dropped when we fell, the square that isn't connected to the M room to the left. That a way! ...We have to solve this damn thing, don't we? If we had bombs I'd just suggest blowing that last one up and moving on.

As to a stab at this puzzle, it is either about balancing the +s and -s, or dealing with the colors. You have all the primary colors there, and almost all the secondary colors except for orange, which is instead pink.

My guess? Get rid of the grey, turn the pink orange. Or maybe we should just move the purple out of our way and head on.

EDIT: Also, we're half way to leveling up! Hurrah!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:12 pm »

Try pushing the pawns.

Which pawns do you want to push in what direction? This is important.

I realized that just before you posted. Sorry for the derp on my end there. ^^^; A legend for the map would be cool, but I'm not sure what should be marked. Shops, quest givers, and checkpoints, at the very least.  Perhaps floor transitions or 'special' areas (like the arena) as well?

Alright, I think I normalized it in a way DF players can understand. We know the M area is called the Market (from earlier), and @ is us.

Also having another room marked was an accident, you may not have visited that one yet. Sorry, Xanmyral.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 19, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

How about...push the pink pawn west? That seems simple from our current spot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 19, 2013, 07:59:23 pm »

Not actually a puzzle. Just push that purple one aside and keep going.
Dendritic.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 19, 2013, 08:03:10 pm »

Break the pawns, continue on.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 19, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »

Ignore pawns, go further west.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 19, 2013, 08:19:12 pm »

Not actually a puzzle. Just push that purple one aside and keep going.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:00 pm »

Bah humbug.

In any case, even if it doesn't have to be a puzzle, it's likely we'll get some loot if we solve it anyway.

Push red one down.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 19, 2013, 09:00:36 pm »

If I were to guess, when we solve it the room will light up and a chest will appear. Who doesn't want loot? Anyway, from what I'm seeing, there are various ways this could be done. Also, chances are we can't move purple until the puzzle is solved... Or maybe not. Probably an optional puzzle with a reward if you solve it. Perhaps we're suppose to balance the charges. Perhaps we're suppose to do something about the colors. Perhaps we're suppose to destroy the one that doesn't belong. My guess?

Notice this: Red is positive. Grey/white is negative. Red+white yields pink, which is negative. Yellow is positive, blue is negative. Yellow+blue yields green. There isn't an orange because Yellow and Red are both positive... We have to combine the colors, I think.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 19, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »

Notice this: Red is positive. Grey/white is negative. Red+white yields pink, which is negative. Yellow is positive, blue is negative. Yellow+blue yields green. There isn't an orange because Yellow and Red are both positive... We have to combine the colors, I think.
And do what with them? "Make a second pink" seems like a strange puzzle solution to me.

It might be worth noting that we have one more negative than positive. As for what that means, I have no idea.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:21 pm »

It means this puzzle is slightly depressed about it's life.

Attempt to cheer up puzzle.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 19, 2013, 09:11:11 pm »

Guys I just realized there are seven of them. They could involve the siblings. Grey would be Riltia, yellow is Proxxy, green would be Cain, and we saw the thief's soul star was red so that one would be him. Maybe we should avoid touching these for now, better safe than accidentally summoning Oric.

EDIT: Also, they're all just pawns... that doesn't bode well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:14:39 pm by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 19, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »

And do what with them? "Make a second pink" seems like a strange puzzle solution to me.

It might be worth noting that we have one more negative than positive. As for what that means, I have no idea.
As in, any + and - could go together. Make new colors and all that.

llamamiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:48 pm »

As in, any + and - could go together. Make new colors and all that.

Ooh, ooh!

Red & White = Pink;
Blue & Yellow = Green.
Then,
Green & Green = ?A;
Pink & Pink = ?B;
?A would have 2 +'s, methinks, the opposite for ?B, so:
?A & ?B = ?C?
So ?C? & Purple would cause... something!

...I never post here but I like puzzles.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1544