Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895459 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: this is stupid
« Reply #20745 on: June 04, 2015, 10:45:50 pm »

It's now or never I suppose.
"Wait! Stop! I surrender! Please, wait!"
I back away and Guard.
"I don't want to fight you! Can we please talk this out? I'm willing to help you however I can, just please don't kill me!"
whilst attempting to surrender.
comon you stupid chains, work with me here. even if you want me to kill the yellow girl, you need to let me do it my way. being direct will just get me killed. I can backstab her for you later, when I actually have a chance at succeeding, ok?
and try to work with the chains rather than directly straining against them.

I wonder why I didn't attack this turn.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:13:23 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20746 on: June 05, 2015, 03:53:10 am »

You did; you missed.

Splash SS on Lengion?
Nah, tackle her and then force her to chug it.

i take that as permission

INITIATE TACTICAL SHIPPING GRID RECALIBRATION MANUEVER GAMMA

+ All of my ones
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20747 on: June 05, 2015, 04:53:41 am »

Lenglon, with the insanity penalties stacking up, you'll most likely be unable to break free, but, on the bright side, we learned breaking free was possible because you were the first to try.  If you didn't, Proxxy probably would have died.

+1 to Proxxy backing away and guarding.  -1 to force-feeding Lenglon SS.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:52:03 am by Vakothu »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20748 on: June 05, 2015, 07:32:20 am »

Lenglon, with the insanity penalties stacking up, you'll most likely be unable to break free, but, on the bright side, we learned breaking free was possible because you were the first to try.  If you didn't, Proxxy probably would have died.
I'm trying to avoid them and/or get them reset. not sure if it'll work but i have to try.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20749 on: June 05, 2015, 07:39:09 am »

Perhaps, to avoid insanity penalties, tell your character to remain absolutely still?
It's not an action, but blocking their attacks might do the trick.
Or else it not count. But it's worth a try.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20750 on: June 05, 2015, 08:06:26 am »

Perhaps, to avoid insanity penalties, tell your character to remain absolutely still?
It's not an action, but blocking their attacks might do the trick.
Or else it not count. But it's worth a try.
See last turn, where I said to do nothing but re-collect myself for a future attempt. and FFS didn't quote my post or show any result based on the thing. I haven't gotten any PMs from him at any point either, in case you're wondering.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20751 on: June 05, 2015, 10:04:16 am »

Lenglon, we appreciate your good efforts! Alas that what matters in this game isn't quality roleplaying, it seems, so much as freeformschooler's brutally mechanistic interpretation of suggestions - meticulously chosen so as to maximize player tears.

It was a rare act of mercy, to let us try and take control of the spirits like that. It's never been tried before and only happened because we'd gotten ourselves into an inescapable pickle - and on a vote ranking second, no less, which might have caused FFS a pang of guilt in this case. Your getting not one but two good chances at it was positively the cake. So don't worry!

As for ideas... instead, just try to distract your spirit? Reach out and give her a bit of a spectral tickle, maybe?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:08:33 am by Chris the OK »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20752 on: June 05, 2015, 10:31:00 am »

Yeah... no. I'm me. I won't give up until death. I'm going to keep trying to regain my freedom in some way shape or form for as long as I am capable of doing so.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20753 on: June 05, 2015, 10:55:21 am »

Lenglon's actions were not included in the last update because attempting to take control is the only viable action she can make at this time.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20754 on: June 05, 2015, 11:23:59 am »

Lenglon's actions were not included in the last update because attempting to take control is the only viable action she can make at this time.
Is the insanity penalty able to be un-stacked by time? or will it be -15 this upcoming turn? (meaning literally impossible to pass)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20755 on: June 05, 2015, 12:37:47 pm »

Splash SS on Lengion?
Nah, tackle her and then force her to chug it.
+1
+1 to Evading/guarding this turn.
+1 protect Proxxy
+1 develop new skill: Dancin' Dodge
+1
Finish off Lenglon

You guard as Worldmaster attempts to finish off Lenglon. (Attack: 3+4 Position) Lenglon dodges with her Kitsune reflexes.

(Illogically Dark Flame: 1! Critical failure! 2,3) Lenglon retaliates, casting Illogically Dark Flame. The spell comes off without a hitch! Unfortunately, it comes off on her. Lenglon takes five damage and fades back into the ether!

Success!

You open the chest and receive excessive loot.

1x Waifu Pendant
1x Necktie of the Swordmaster
1x Health Potion
1x Fusion Scroll

Is... is this made out of Crayola Model Magic?

Now that's more like it.

You can only carry one of these things in your inventory for now. You'll have to haul the rest back manually, if you choose to take it all with you.

You thank Worldmaster for his help in the battle. You're not sure how long he's going to stick around, being all ephemereal, but you hope he stays at least a little longer.

Spoiler: Active Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:40:20 pm by freeformschooler »

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20756 on: June 05, 2015, 12:40:17 pm »

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Al is gonna be so beautiful.

Sorry we had to do what we had to do, Lenglon. Why dontcha stick around and enjoy taking part in the regular game with us?  :D

EDIT: Nice use of Dark magic there, btw.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:42:26 pm by Chris the OK »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #20757 on: June 05, 2015, 12:45:39 pm »

Dem rolls.

Start operation carry everything to the Hub.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20758 on: June 05, 2015, 12:49:21 pm »

Put on the waifu pendant!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20759 on: June 05, 2015, 12:56:04 pm »

We do have another semi-viable option - to explore a little more of DL:3 while we have a sort-of-powerful ally in our party.

Better to try and take him to the Hub, though. We don't know what our Hub status is, and there could potentially be something really dangerous waiting for us (now's the time to wish we'd cracked that code.) If Oric or Floe have deployed any measures, then his tactical assistance will be infinitely more valuable there.

Plan romp-around-with-the-Worldmaster is further complicated by the fact that he hasn't got any inventory space to hold our loot for us (that sword-tie! omg!), and even if he had, our previous experience in equipping passive party members would be enough to dissuade us.

Based on that, it's a fairly easy to make the decision that hauling loot back to the Hub now is our best option. +1

Bonus action: Now that Proxxy.hasTrust(us) returns true, can we get a look at that unshifted Soul Star? We'll need it at the Hub.

Bonus action: Can Proxxy sneak us another clue for that code?

Put on the waifu pendant!

-1. Proxxy is a good choice, but this is not to be done lightly, my good fellow!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:16:12 pm by Chris the OK »
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1544