Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899131 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DL3.2
« Reply #19695 on: April 25, 2015, 02:52:32 pm »

North!

If we hit a snag, we can attempt to tweak the Teleporter and get the hell out of dodge.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: April 25, 2015, 03:15:49 pm »

Enough with this. Go North and check for traps, all in favor say aye.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: April 25, 2015, 03:31:22 pm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: April 25, 2015, 04:19:07 pm »

Then shift the influx down to first?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19699 on: April 25, 2015, 07:11:31 pm »

Quote from: Ddynamo
Goddammit, the second shift on the Insolvent Thaumaturge was the way to save Yaos, wasn't it?

We didn't know about Second Shifting back then, but even now there's still a lot we haven't done with our Soul Stars. What's pretty gosh-darned silly is that we never tried to use the unshifted version of Cherish's Soul Star. Now that shit looked like it could turn out to be really crazy powerful, if only we knew the trick to it. We also need to be aware that "the shifted A.C. staff has a stored heal that anyone can use".

It's too bad most of the Second Shift weapons aren't very powerful. Maybe there's a way to pump up their damage output? It's also quite possible that Al's shifted Illborn Exchange deals earth damage (Photorestomeditation: Unenchanted weapon deals Earth damage... but I don't know if "unenchanted" is an appropriate way to describe a second-shifted soul star) that can heal him (Passive: Absorbs Earth damage), and if the Illborn Exchange is enchanted then Cherish's staff can be sourced for Earth damage anyway.

Any other Soul Star tricks we need to bear in mind?

Oh, we haven't used the Astral Influx's "Combinatorial" either. That one could do almost anything. I can only hope for something that involves solving FFS's ciphers ;__; EDIT: Looks like I'm already due a re-read!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:51:57 pm by Chris the OK »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19700 on: April 25, 2015, 07:23:54 pm »

((We already saw what Combinatorial does. I can't remember where though. It sometimes deals extra damage when you land multiple successive hits with the Influx, "comboing" with it.))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:58:17 pm by freeformschooler »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: April 25, 2015, 07:54:51 pm »

It was during the Horologe duel.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: April 25, 2015, 08:04:49 pm »

Quote from: Ddynamo
Goddammit, the second shift on the Insolvent Thaumaturge was the way to save Yaos, wasn't it?

We didn't know about Second Shifting back then, but even now there's still a lot we haven't done with our Soul Stars. What's pretty gosh-darned silly is that we never tried to use the unshifted version of Cherish's Soul Star. Now that shit looked like it could turn out to be really crazy powerful, if only we knew the trick to it. We also need to be aware that "the shifted A.C. staff has a stored heal that anyone can use".

It's too bad most of the Second Shift weapons aren't very powerful. Maybe there's a way to pump up their damage output? It's also quite possible that Al's shifted Illborn Exchange deals earth damage (Photorestomeditation: Unenchanted weapon deals Earth damage... but I don't know if "unenchanted" is an appropriate way to describe a second-shifted soul star) that can heal him (Passive: Absorbs Earth damage), and if the Illborn Exchange is enchanted then Cherish's staff can be sourced for Earth damage anyway.

Any other Soul Star tricks we need to bear in mind?

Oh, we haven't used the Astral Influx's "Combinatorial" either. That one could do almost anything. I can only hope for something that involves solving FFS's ciphers ;__; EDIT: Looks like I'm already due a re-read!
Ciro so far has the strongest Soul Star, but in order to get stronger, it is fueled by Soul Charge. The solution to our lack of damage, is thus going Cain on our Non-Illborn allies, and consume their soul charge to keep the damage train rolling.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: April 25, 2015, 09:09:38 pm »

Quote from: consensus
Enough with this. Go North and check for traps, all in favor say aye.

You head north, checking for traps. (Perception: 2) Your Perception check fails, but luckily, there are no traps here.

The Awesome Shack has relocated to the new MEMOR-E room. Oric isn't here.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:21:52 pm by freeformschooler »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: April 25, 2015, 09:13:40 pm »

check today's deals
It's FEF, not FEOF

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: April 25, 2015, 09:14:29 pm »

check today's deals
and if there's a special sibling discount

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: April 25, 2015, 09:16:42 pm »

Read the text on the floor
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: April 25, 2015, 09:17:01 pm »

Wow! Spira has a whole new way to be horrifying!

check today's deals
and if there's a special sibling discount
Wouldn't Ciro have gotten it, if that was the case?

Also, side note: we really, really need to get Riltia and Proxxy to share information, since Oric clearly doesn't want that to happen.

Also, I don't think we've heard of the "Trial" before. Presumably, it has some actual, non-legal effects, since Ecco clearly doesn't care about Oric's opinions. Does Proxxy know anything about this "Trial"?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:20:07 pm by Elephant Parade »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #19708 on: April 25, 2015, 09:21:18 pm »

Read the text on the floor
You notice some writing on the south side of the room. You jump on the platform and read it upside-down:

WELCOME to the beta test of the
Oricsoft MEMOR-E System! Now you
can re-live Oric's finest moments
with new Active Memory™ technology!
Find Memory Cartridges on previously
cleared Dungeon Levels to get started.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: April 25, 2015, 09:22:36 pm »

tell Ecco about the trial, maybe it will earn us his trust. Also, I'd rather fight Ecco as a final boss rather than Oric
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 1544