Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3902004 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #16740 on: October 11, 2014, 01:58:06 pm »

FFS, if you wouldn't mind answering a question about the puzzle mechanics, are balls subject to destruction when in the same tile as a block?

Yes, assuming the block is solid. There is, however, a solution that lets us keep both Kit Kat and the ball.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16741 on: October 11, 2014, 02:12:26 pm »

Try to climb over the walls.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16742 on: October 11, 2014, 02:18:41 pm »

There is, however, a solution that lets us keep both Kit Kat and the ball.

As that for going out of the room it is required to have something over a red button, and that said object can't leave the room, it becomes obvious that there should be a fourth object (other than the ball, Al, and the cat), that is able to press the buttons.

So, I conclude that (and please don't do anything stupid with this possible information) the gray blocks can be moved around, or there is at elast one that can.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: October 11, 2014, 02:23:33 pm »

As that for going out of the room it is required to have something over a red button, and that said object can't leave the room, it becomes obvious that there should be a fourth object (other than the ball, Al, and the cat), that is able to press the buttons.

So, I conclude that (and please don't do anything stupid with this possible information) the gray blocks can be moved around, or there is at elast one that can.
That or we may be able to have Copy Cat stand on the red button, then recall her and duck out of the room.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: October 11, 2014, 02:27:25 pm »

That or we may be able to have Copy Cat stand on the red button, then recall her and duck out of the room.
But according to the logic of this game, we can't stand between two rooms, and standing over a red wall where it is lowered will instantly kill us when we recall the cat.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: October 11, 2014, 02:31:04 pm »

KK stands on the golden switch. Al moves to the green switch above.
KK moves to the green switch past both green walls, Al then moves to the next gold switch.
KK moves down to the gold switch, Al moves up to the top gold switch. KK moves to the green switch right above again, Al moves to the blue switch.
Al recalls KK into exchange, then summons him un-transformed onto the blue switch. Al moves to the red switch.
KK moves left then up, pushing the ball into the corner. Al gives KK the stat point for SP, giving KK enough SP to copy Al.
Al drops everything below the ball, then picks up the ball. KK copies Al, the Ball, and Bulwarks, then Al drops the ball and picks up our stuff.
KK drops the copied ball onto the red switch, Al pushes the green ball through the door, both exit.

Net cost: our stat point, KK's last SP
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:45:25 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16746 on: October 11, 2014, 02:54:57 pm »

Step 1: Deploy Bartering Ram
Step 2: Charge directly west, haggling with all intervening walls/blocks

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: October 11, 2014, 02:56:39 pm »

+1~

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: October 11, 2014, 03:00:21 pm »

+1~
I can pretty much guarantee that this won't work.

I found the solution that gets us both KK and Al alive, with the ball leaving the room! Yes, it costs loot, but giving KK an even amount of SP is worth it anyways. Also, we need to bring KK to Goombess.
The Cyan Menace

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: October 11, 2014, 03:01:03 pm »

KK moves to the green switch past both green walls, Al then moves to the next gold switch.
KK moves down to the gold switch, Al moves up to the top gold switch. KK moves to the green switch right above again, Al moves to the blue switch.
Al recalls KK into exchange, then summons him un-transformed onto the blue switch. Al moves to the red switch.
KK moves left then up, pushing the ball into the corner. Al gives KK the stat point for SP, giving KK enough SP to copy Al.
Al drops everything below the ball, then picks up the ball. KK copies Al, the Ball, and Bulwarks, then Al drops the ball and picks up our stuff.
KK drops the copied ball onto the red switch, Al pushes the green ball through the door, both exit.

Net cost: our stat point, KK's last SP
Before we do this, we should test if we can capture KK through corners like that. Also, we might want to have KK use the statpoint before hand, to confirm that illborn aren't incapable of using them for whatever reason.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: October 11, 2014, 03:03:26 pm »

I think that that losing a stat point for the cat seems reasonable.

Do we know how much inventory space does the ball occupy?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16751 on: October 11, 2014, 03:07:51 pm »

Pretty sure we gave statpoints to Goombess at one point.
So I think that works.
Also, I just realized that we don't need to recapture him.

As before, but instead of recapturing, Have KK go left while Al is on blue switch onto other green switch. Al goes through green wall onto gold switch. KK goes onto it's now-avalible gold switch, Al moves down to another gold switch, KK goes right to the green again, Al stands on Red. KK moves up, stands on the green switch by the blue switch. Al moves back left to the gold switch. KK goes through the gold wall to the gold switch, Al goes back up. KK goes back to green. Al goes back to blue.

Edit: Full plan:

Have KK go left while Al is on blue switch onto other green switch. Al goes through green wall onto gold switch. KK goes onto it's now-avalible gold switch, Al moves down to another gold switch, KK goes right to the green again, Al stands on Red. KK moves up, stands on the green switch by the blue switch. Al moves back left to the gold switch. KK goes through the gold wall to the gold switch, Al goes back up. KK goes back to green. Al goes back to blue, KK moves to blue, Al moves to red switch.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:09:45 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16752 on: October 11, 2014, 03:08:23 pm »

This is indeed quite tricky. Just to be clear; we can only push, not pull, correct? The other balls we could pick up and carry, which let us turn on a dime with them (example, Ball 1.)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16753 on: October 11, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »

Have KK go left while Al is on blue switch onto other green switch. Al goes through green wall onto gold switch. KK goes onto it's now-avalible gold switch, Al moves down to another gold switch, KK goes right to the green again, Al stands on Red. KK moves up, stands on the green switch by the blue switch. Al moves back left to the gold switch. KK goes through the gold wall to the gold switch, Al goes back up. KK goes back to green. Al goes back to blue, KK moves to blue, Al moves to red switch.
I don't think we did ever give her a statpoint. Anyways, +1 to this, but have KK use the statpoint as the first thing we do, just to be safe
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16754 on: October 11, 2014, 03:48:04 pm »

I don't think we did ever give her a statpoint. Anyways, +1 to this, but have KK use the statpoint as the first thing we do, just to be safe
+1
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1544