Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895307 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14970 on: May 09, 2014, 06:18:27 pm »

What the heck. I keep making the same comment as somebody else, right after they do it. Although I'm pretty sure I've suggested bloodshaping a Bloodshape before.
Did we ever actually try doing it though?
No.

Bloodshape is an ability. We tried to bloodshape an ability and it wouldn't work.

It seems that Bloodshape only allows us to turn our blood into certain types of items. We probably need to reach a higher tier before we can get the abilities that shapes abilities. Also keep in mind that any abilities we create might possibly be Blood Magic in the traditional sense... (It makes sense that a Blood Mage could create Blood Magic Spells plus the abilities will definitely be blood themed.)
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14971 on: May 09, 2014, 06:19:46 pm »

Unless we can scan ourselves or something, I'm not gonna be taking guesses about what future skills are going to be. Traditional blood magic? More versatile/powerful Bloodshaping? Vampiric abilities? Something else? Who knows?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: May 09, 2014, 07:33:40 pm »

Unless we can scan ourselves or something, I'm not gonna be taking guesses about what future skills are going to be. Traditional blood magic? More versatile/powerful Bloodshaping? Vampiric abilities? Something else? Who knows?

Yeah, I was just pointing out a possible scenario where we could possibly, but I also hoped that anyone reading it would realize the unlikeliness of the scenario.

Though FFS did imply once that we may gain a more powerful Bloodshape, but his implications seem to point towards using other peoples' blood in some way.

As for my idea that an ability-making Bloodshape creating more traditional Blood Magic comes from the fact the current Bloodshape creates Blood-themed items. Therefore an ability Bloodshape would create Blood-themed abilities. And any kind of Blood-themed ability implies it uses blood, it would make sense that they drain Ciro's HP in some way.

I still am curious if Identify Scrolls can scan us or not. I mean, Identify Scrolls might not be connected to the same database and allow us to at least learn Ciro's first passive. I say might, because while they are magic, it seems the Warrens runs on a weird form of magitek and whether a traditional magic scroll operates on the same level has yet to be checked.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: May 09, 2014, 10:20:05 pm »

Just wondering, I remembered seeing someone answer TheoryCrafting 4 (why Oric wants us dead) and FFS proclaiming winrar, and someone answer TC5 (the lights between the floors) and FFS proclaiming winrar.

Did this actually happen?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: May 09, 2014, 10:33:59 pm »

Just wondering, I remembered seeing someone answer TheoryCrafting 4 (why Oric wants us dead) and FFS proclaiming winrar, and someone answer TC5 (the lights between the floors) and FFS proclaiming winrar.

I don't think so, but I've all the memory of an ADHD squirre--
OOH! SHINY!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14975 on: May 10, 2014, 04:24:12 am »

He only proclaimed me winrar as a Joke for the 'Lights of the Void'
While the "Winrar" for number 4 had been an edit by me, of FFS' text
It could also be the background that lazy FFS uses to make things look cooler.
JAVIER IS WINRAR! :P I think I've only made like, what, 7-8 fancy textured backgrounds for the game total? And a few of those were Cain intermission-only. But no, really, I'd also like to hear a complete version of your theory on what "Oversoul" actually is/means, given how much you reference it in your theorycrafting.
Speaking of Oversoul, I feel my old "theory" on Oversoul has changed even more from these past couple of Updates alone. From the Oversoul being a mass conglomerate of Souls, to a Weapon-Star, to a computer, to an incomprehensible force, to the dungeon itself, to the void, and finally; to an all-powerful being,(Seraphim) hooked up to a computer.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: May 10, 2014, 04:36:18 am »

How Shyamalan would it be if it turns out the Warrens is all in Ciro's mind?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: May 10, 2014, 05:55:13 am »

Speaking of Oversoul, I feel my old "theory" on Oversoul has changed even more from these past couple of Updates alone. From the Oversoul being a mass conglomerate of Souls, to a Weapon-Star, to a computer, to an incomprehensible force, to the dungeon itself, to the void, and finally; to an all-powerful being,(Seraphim) hooked up to a computer.

I think a couple of these are right, if not all of them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:15 am »

...to an all-powerful being,(Seraphim) hooked up to a computer.
Like Old!Oric?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: May 10, 2014, 11:31:14 am »

...to an all-powerful being,(Seraphim) hooked up to a computer.
Like Old!Oric?
Yes. Except in a tremendously bigger scale.
 FFS was always for the recycling, whether by purpose or design.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:32:56 am by javierpwn »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:33 pm »

Actually... From what I recall... We got our first ability, Whack! on a whim. So why don't we just tell Ciro to use blood to attack his next enemy?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: May 10, 2014, 12:25:09 pm »

The game was much less serious then.

Still...couldn't hurt to try.
Sig

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: May 10, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »

Indeed.

I think as long as it is something logical, we may be able to do it. We were a practical fighter then, with practical skills. Whack! made sense. We are a blood mage now though, so we probably should be able to create something using blood that is an offensive skill.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:58 pm »

Huh, in theory having blades that can protrude out of our skin and be reabsorbed in a wolverine esque fashion does seem doable when you put it that way.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:44:56 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: May 10, 2014, 12:43:08 pm »

We are a blood mage now though, so we probably should be able to create something using blood that is an offensive skill.
You. Cannot. Bloodshape. Skill.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1544