Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3903028 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant the area past the tube.

Did we visit it? I thought we didn't.
You must mean the place to the east of the upper floor where the Searchbots killed Ciro and Mili.
We still never explored it, and Chief still disappears.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant the area past the tube.

Did we visit it? I thought we didn't.
You must mean the place to the east of the upper floor where the Searchbots killed Ciro and Mili.
We still never explored it, and Chief still disappears.
Oh.

As I said, we need to explore it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So.

I just noticed something- since !!!! rhymes all the time, we can clearly replace ???? with Oric here.  Not exactly new or unknown, but I don't think anyone caught that yet.
The images also say Oric Screen. Then again,by his was at a point where Oric was originally going to have Wings, Proxxy was going to be Olexxa the Tech, and Oric was going to be hooked up to MANY life support machines.

Oric, sadly, does not have Wings.
He is not hooked to life-support
Proxxy isn't Olexa.
Cain isn't Odrak
It probably is just a revolutionary Angel, if not the Seraphim.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And who gets left behind?
Option 1- Nobody. We stick Goombess in the Passive Party and let her use Tattles and otherwise stay out of the way.
I like this.  Can we stick Slog in the Passive Party too?  He kind of already might as well be.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

I also totally discovered a cheesy-ass combat trick we can do to decimate anything with no DR. It'll take two turns, unless we're either able to clone a spell or willing to separate the book.

Step one: Cast Windirection on enemy. It probably won't require a roll, since it's a beneficial spell.
Step two: Nuke them with Aeroblast for absurd damage, since they are now flying.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

p.s. it's great how even polls get the weird consensus effect. Once a few votes outweigh the other options, it becomes a battle between that select two or three. Now the two party system makes sense. It's not a conspiracy. It's determinism.
It's a bit more complex than that. Want me to go into some slightly cynical, uncited, highly speculative suggestions of why bi- or monoparty systems will tend to form in political entities without processes which encourage minor parties or prevent overwhelming ones?
yes actually
Spoiler: Alright, then. (click to show/hide)

Considering TWoOtA is one of the only threads I post in at the moment, I'm tempted to sig it.  People seem to forget it so easily.
Sig it with a link to this thread. New blood is never a bad thing.

I also totally discovered a cheesy-ass combat trick we can do to decimate anything with no DR. It'll take two turns, unless we're either able to clone a spell or willing to separate the book.

Step one: Cast Windirection on enemy. It probably won't require a roll, since it's a beneficial spell.
Step two: Nuke them with Aeroblast for absurd damage, since they are now flying.
Congrats! You have found the intended use of that spellbook!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We'll run out of SP insanely fast. We can exploit potions if we get more empty bottles and find an SP fountain, though.

Also, weren't we going to combine the combine scrolls into an ultrascroll? Because we should do that.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

Who's saying we can't just use the checkpoint to have everyone overheal after EVERY fight, and pass that spellbook around like it's thanksgiving turkey?

But yeah. These are the kinds of things we should be exploiting, or at least aware of, should the need arise. If NetHack has taught me ANYTHING, it's that it's worse to die with pebbles to your name than to have three amulets of life saving, a wand of death, and seven potions of full healing sitting in your inventory.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

We risk annoying the GM.  He hath given us a blessing- let us not abuse it too heavily.

[He prefers creative abuse of the rules- see Hero Tower and moving down ladders.]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile

Theorycrafting Time

Determinism or free will?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--------------------------------------------------------------

...These powerful ones will typically tend to write the rules to make it harder for little parties to reach the top; this cements an oligarchy... ...the smaller oligarchy of parties has no reason to let a new party into the top ranks to "replace" the old one; there is still this barrier... ...Eventually there will only be two parties remaining... ...At this point, it is easy enough for one party to demonize the other and construe itself as the only reasonable alternative, not to mention trivial to stop other parties from reaching their heights...
So amazingly accurate... that is, exactly, what happens in the country I live in! There are two leading parties, and each of them tries to make the other become less popular, all the time. Fortunately, neither of them is able to do it effectively, which leads to stability (as you wrote). There are also the smaller parties, which have little to no popularity when compared to those two parties, and it is extremely difficult for a new party to be created.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, now that I think of it, that little part of the game is just too coherent with everything else to not be part of a plan, a plan for the game which FFS had since the very begin.
Unless ffs somehow knew that his little project would become insanely popular and lied about his intentions in the OP, there's no way he had a plan since the very beginning. The old depictions of Oric and whatnot prove that he didn't plan things from the very beginning.
It's possible that he fit the past into a plan at some point along the way.

...These powerful ones will typically tend to write the rules to make it harder for little parties to reach the top; this cements an oligarchy... ...the smaller oligarchy of parties has no reason to let a new party into the top ranks to "replace" the old one; there is still this barrier... ...Eventually there will only be two parties remaining... ...At this point, it is easy enough for one party to demonize the other and construe itself as the only reasonable alternative, not to mention trivial to stop other parties from reaching their heights...
So amazingly accurate... that is, exactly, what happens in the country I live in! There are two leading parties, and each of them tries to make the other become less popular, all the time. Fortunately, neither of them is able to do it effectively, which leads to stability (as you wrote). There are also the smaller parties, which have little to no popularity when compared to those two parties, and it is extremely difficult for a new party to be created.
So it's not just the US. That makes me feel better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically, we fought Betweenford in the DL2.
In the Void.

But if you consider the endless Void to be the metaphorical river that Betweenford is inhabiting. That makes Betweenford's literal interpretation of his name to literally BE THE VOID ITSELF(our metaphorical river)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you're overestimating the level of GM control here. There's not three endings. There's eight endings, and even then, they're just general outlines based on all the combinations of major events that I could imagine happening between now and the end.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we have this tip yet?

Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there an ending for eating Oric's Star?

Ninja'd: Yes we have that tip
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1544