Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895062 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12420 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:14 pm »

-1 to murdering Cain, +1 to asking about Riltia, -1 to anti-anti magic potion trade. We shouldn't risk Cain murdering us after we give him the potion.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: March 07, 2014, 05:58:14 pm »

-1 to murdering Cain, +1 to asking about Riltia, -1 to anti-anti magic potion trade. We shouldn't risk Cain murdering us after we give him the potion.
^ this.
+1 to all of those votes. (as in, -1 to murdering Cain, +1 to asking about Riltia, etc.)
...which means I already accumulated a -3 vote to murdering Cain (which will count as -1, though).
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: March 07, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »

Yeah, let's not sell Cain the anti-anti magic potion. Dude's murder happy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: March 07, 2014, 06:15:33 pm »

+1 to trading the potion for information.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: March 07, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »

Meh, you guys are overthinking all this.

Kill Cain.

He is imprisoned, so he cannot fight back efficiently anyway, especially against ranged attacks. When he is done, we'll have one less sociopath at our backs, and I fail to see any benefit he can provide to us by being alive.
See? This is what I feared. There is no absolute reason to kill him right now, so just let him be. Plus, I doubt any of the siblings (or Oric) would release Cain without him stopping killing them. Also, Cain isn't asking us to release him right now, so this isn't a "release or fight" situation. Seriously, people, the murder you made Al execute was completely pointless, and so is fighting Cain right now.

e^(iπ)
-1 to my post or Dariush's?
+1 to not killing Cain
-1 to killing Cain

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: March 07, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »

+1 to this.  If he tries to murder us after we get our info and give him the potion, we should be able to escape through the exit he pointed out.  Probably. 

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: March 07, 2014, 06:28:03 pm »

Yeah.

Expanding: Propose a deal for the potion, but only give it to him shortly before leaving. Like, toss the flask or something.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: March 07, 2014, 06:30:02 pm »

-1 to killing Cain.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:35 pm »

I'm cool with all manner of questions for Cain, but if he's an evasive dick or tries to get more favors for his info, I say we try to peace out back to DL 3. There's The Drop, so we can go to DL4 at our leisure- I want to see what's in the center of the map.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: March 07, 2014, 07:01:20 pm »

Ask Cain if he knows anything about the layout of DL3, DL4, or any other level.

We could really use a teleport.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:17 pm »

+1 to this.  If he tries to murder us after we get our info and give him the potion, we should be able to escape through the exit he pointed out.  Probably.
Except we know his powers are magic-based, and, with that potion, he'll be able to break the circle with his magic, hence the fact he's stuck in a circle in a room in DL3, the anti-magic level. Even if we escape his wrath in DL3, he'll appear again in DL4, and stronger than ever, since he'll get an enormous power and damage boost in it (it is a magic-based level, so it will surely give magic rolls a boost).

We CAN'T take that risk. If we do, we'll probably have to fight him in DL3 (and there's always a chance of losing), or run, and if we run to any of the other levels, we'll have a smaller advantage against him (potions aren't supposed to last forever, are they?), and, in case we run to DL4, we'll be doomed.

That's why I think that we shouldn't give him the potion.

I agree that we should take this chance to get more information, but I doubt it'll be useful if we die.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:21:50 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12431 on: March 07, 2014, 07:23:13 pm »

Except we know his powers are magic-based, and, with that potion, he'll be able to break the circle with his magic, hence the fact he's stuck in a circle in a room in DL3, the anti-magic level. Even if we escape his wrath in DL3, he'll appear again in DL4, and stronger than ever, since he'll get an enormous power and damage boost in it (it is a magic-based level, so it will surely give magic rolls a boost).

We CAN'T take that risk. If we do, we'll probably have to fight him in DL3 (and there's always a chance of losing), or run, and if we run to any of the other levels, we'll have a smaller advantage against him (potions aren't supposed to last forever, are they?), and, in case we run to DL4, we'll be doomed.

You also have to remember that Oric is on DL3 with us.  I think that Cain would much rather go after him than us, especially if we vacate the scene quickly.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: March 07, 2014, 07:26:48 pm »

You also have to remember that Oric is on DL3 with us.  I think that Cain would much rather go after him than us, especially if we vacate the scene quickly.

Well... that's a good point. I'm not going to +1 giving Cain an anti-anti-magic potion, but I'm removing my -1.

FFS, don't count with my -1 anymore in the anti-anti-magic potion topic.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: March 07, 2014, 07:28:51 pm »

Oooh... Check the Astral Influx, see if Cain is on there

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: March 07, 2014, 07:43:57 pm »

(it is a magic-based level, so it will surely give magic rolls a boost).

wait where does this assumption come from

just curious
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1544