Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896552 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11370 on: February 09, 2014, 11:39:53 am »

Deviations from class template? You know who else deviates from the class template? I'm willing to bet Ciro does.

Thanks to Mili, vampirism, and LSS; we've got many deviations!(even if we didn't become a vampire, it still possibly caused damage)

Also:I've been thinking about Searchbots. They never specifically aggro against anything in their sights, just everything. Proxxy was scared to be holding the Soul Star's of others.
What is the only thing in the Warrens' worth caring about to Oric/Angels? (souls) So the searchbots became more specifically aggro'd upon us when we took that Brown Star
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:43:28 am by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11371 on: February 09, 2014, 11:56:38 am »

IDEA.
At that point, Proxxy hadn't discovered searchbots were completely out of her control. They probably never were hers to begin with; she just managed to get them to follow her when their other directives weren't being impeded.
But why? Where did they come from?
Solution: Proxxy (and perhaps some of the other Siblings, likely including Cain--more on that in a sec) might have been in Oric's original adventuring group, the one that killed the King before Oric. Proxxy might have been found in a distant corner like Al and Cherish, or recruited to Oric's side like Riltia and...Proxxy again. Huh. Anyways, having joined Oric however, she reprogrammed some of the old King's minions to listen to Oric, Proxxy, et al.

And now for Cain. What did he do? Well...what did the original Cain do? Backstabbed Abel. (With a rock, in the head. Not the best metaphor...)
This Cain didn't do so well, it seems. Perhaps Cain was still loyal to the old King, and never felt much loyalty to Oric. Whatever reason, at some critical point, he betrayed Oric...who decided death was too good for Cain and locked him up, a boss to future Invaders that made it past the first levels.

We should ask him about this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: February 09, 2014, 12:54:11 pm »

Death isn't much of an adequate punishment in the Warrens' considering you'll just come back eventually as a new persona. Imprisonment is true punishment. Especially with such a wildcard.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: February 09, 2014, 05:54:56 pm »

So just for clarification:

Get the hell off this floor: Go find the quickest path to the key converter that doesn't involve us going through bad places (like trapped doors we can't levitate over, stone dragons of death, et all), convert key, go find boss door, attempt to recruit Cain or at the very least, talk with him.

Also since I haven't been here in a while. There was talk about the angels being "different." Well that's not entirely true. In actual biblical canon, "angels" weren't just pretty winged humanoids. They were eldritch abominations who just happened to work for God. The depiction of them as sweet and cuddly in appearance is a (relatively) modern decision. I'm not -as- familiar with the source material as I expect other people here to be, but I'm pretty sure someone could find a quote that basically describes them as being too alien for our eyes/minds to process.

Then there's also the Satan analogy, which I find incredibly interesting, considering all the blended metaphors here. I don't see any possible downside to seeing just how deep the rabbit hole goes. And besides, why would you play an SMT game and NOT go for the True Ending?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: February 09, 2014, 06:05:07 pm »

What in the Warrens makes you think these are Biblical angels?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11375 on: February 09, 2014, 06:15:47 pm »

Nah he's not. He was making a comment on something someone else made about the angels not being like normal angels and pointing out that they actually share more similarities than you'd think.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: February 09, 2014, 06:28:30 pm »

I'd say they have about as much in common with Biblical angels as pop-culture ones. They're a lot more normal than Biblical ones but weirder than PCAs.
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11377 on: February 09, 2014, 06:29:53 pm »

Ninety-three people have voted, and the poll is still tied.

I don't even.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: February 09, 2014, 09:51:45 pm »

I think it's intentional at this point. Still impressive.

+1 to using the checkpoint to go to Underside and look for Slog.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:32 am »

It was intentional from the very beginning, I think.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: February 10, 2014, 02:47:44 pm »

Ask Goombess if she's from Paper Mario.  If she says yes, tell her to safely headbonk the distance across the tiny moat.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: February 11, 2014, 12:00:01 pm »

Finnaly finished reading through all the updates.
+1 to going to the Underside and looking for Slog.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: February 12, 2014, 02:42:29 pm »

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)

Knock over pillar to create moat, access chest: +LSP, +Tomcost, +flameboy99, +GWG (4)
Try to loot the chest by floating: +flameboy99, +monk12 (2)

Al pushes a pillar out, but you just float over. Thanks for the effort, Al.

A GHOST THING appears! It doesn't look hostile.

Everyone gains the Knight rubric!

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:44:59 pm by freeformschooler »

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: February 12, 2014, 02:45:30 pm »

Do the obvious!