Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897876 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: TVTropes page could always use work
« Reply #11085 on: January 19, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »

If you were an injured Angel, almost at death(or literally dead);your last sanctuary would be one that revives you. Especially if it formed you into a new person.

Or at least, that's what I think.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11086 on: January 19, 2014, 09:14:53 pm »

Aren't the Angels the rhymey Betweenford crew? Why does it work on us?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: January 19, 2014, 09:17:33 pm »

Because it works on everything, and that's just the one reserved for angels?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: January 19, 2014, 09:19:57 pm »

Polydectes is some weird Imp guy trapped in a dark room for hundreds of years, and he managed to modify two to work on soulless creatures.
I'm sure Oric with his +10 to Awesome and possibly infinite cache of Souls could get his crew(or the angels themselves) to get a few to work on Generic's

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:03 pm »

After doing some *very* rudimentary research, I ended up finding that Seraph, in normal conversation, was Hebrew for Serpent. It also translates to "burning one". I have the vague feeling that this is relevant somehow. Then again, it could also just be that FFS took the name of the angels without taking so much of the implications behind that, which would seem to be how the angels work in the Warrens. Then again again, this is FFS. If it wasn't relevant before, it probably is now.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: January 19, 2014, 09:34:21 pm »

After doing some *very* rudimentary research, I ended up finding that Seraph, in normal conversation, was Hebrew for Serpent. It also translates to "burning one". I have the vague feeling that this is relevant somehow. Then again, it could also just be that FFS took the name of the angels without taking so much of the implications behind that, which would seem to be how the angels work in the Warrens. Then again again, this is FFS. If it wasn't relevant before, it probably is now.
Uh... *head explodes*
But really, dude, you got a point. We just can't know with this guy! I'd like to see him play a game with his randomness.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: January 19, 2014, 09:38:43 pm »

Another possibility is that Seraph or Seraphim(plural) were the highest order of angels in Catholicism. The Last Seraphim would imply that there is only one left. Considering we've been hinted at a self proclaimed god and the last of the highest rank of angels. Add in the Hebrew meanings and we got a direct link to Satan himself.

Perhaps the Warrens is Hell.

There are nine rings in Hell in Dante's Inferno. Maybe each dungeon level represents a ring of Hell with the Underside functioning as one of them or as a Purgatory. So there could be in theory 8 or 9 DLs. The final DL would be the innermost prison containing whatever the equivalent to Satan is in the Warrens world.

And that enough of me reading too far into things for today.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:42:24 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: January 19, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »

If that was the case, the bottommost level would be an ice level. Because, well, that's what Dante's Inferno says about the innermost circle of Hell.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11093 on: January 19, 2014, 09:49:49 pm »

I did attempt, once, to map the game's characters to the Seven Deadly Sins. Ciro and Al ruined my efforts by embodying almost all sins together.

You could say we're on the Wrath level, and we're headed toward the Pride level.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »

Or we could all climb to the top of that fusion machine, and have Ciro plink away at the burro with the shotgun from up there.
+ 1

Be careful not to step on the combining plates.
Or be careful to step on them, depending how insane you're is feeling.

We wouldn't all need to climb onto the fusion machine, only those of us with a ranged attack (Ciro).  So long as everyone else stands still, they should be fine.

So my vote is for Ciro to climb onto the machine and fire at the Burro with the blood shotgun until it dies.  Everyone else should stand completely still, perhaps with Goombess standing on the hard hat just in case.

+1 to this.

my own plan was to have everyone hover, and then scare the attacking tentacles away with shotgun blasts in a combination of tactical diplomacy and tactical combat, but I'd be worried the GM would find an excuse to make us roll to make the hover spell work.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: January 20, 2014, 12:02:27 am »

Does the shotgun make sound? If so, consider that sound IS vibrations. (Joking really, they probably wouldn't be significant enough.) Also I'm not sure the met hat will help much if the tentacle or whatever just surfaces next to us instead. Worth a shot though.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: January 20, 2014, 12:04:19 am »

There would be if we pressed it against the ground or something.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: January 20, 2014, 04:12:26 pm »

I just realized that the 'King' and 'Lord' we are searching for are from the Transmission Device.

That would make the King the King of Haria(surprise) and the Oversoul-Protector-in-training the Lord....Now if only I had a computer to compile evidence from the flash game...

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: January 20, 2014, 11:18:13 pm »

headed toward the Pride level.
Part of me fears it will be full of rainbows and subtext.

The rest of me knows it will be filled with SEARCHBOTS and subtext.

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: January 22, 2014, 05:55:05 pm »

Oh best idea EVER
Blood shape a soul star
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1544