Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Natural Disasters  (Read 3872 times)

Itsdavyjones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Natural Disasters
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »

Once the ashes become wet, they tend to cluster together like cement and are effectively harmless.
This is also what happens in the lungs if it gets inhaled.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 08:49:00 pm »

Once the ashes become wet, they tend to cluster together like cement and are effectively harmless.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps they should leave the ashes untill it rains? It would give time to gather them, and it would put a bit of a dampener on the desert/vulcano combination.
Pun intended?

Which doesn't matter if it's not inhaled.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:44 am »

Although the ashes are far less harmfull when not inhaled. But when given sufficient ash, the body won't have enough moisture to wet it all.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:33 am »

I was going to make a post about river flooding, then realised that I really have more of a suggestion about river dynamics.
Anyone seen one of those floating around or should I just put it here?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:11 pm »

Thunderstorms would be good.

Volcanic eruptions... i don't know. Knowing Toady's attention to detail, if more realistic volcanism is implemented, he would divide volcanoes in hawaiian/strombolian/vulcanian/plinian and I know I won't embark on a plinian volcano. Unless I want my FPS to be as devastated as my fort.

I'm fine with volcanoes being all strombolian, that is just erupt with effusive lava with a bit of smoke.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 01:01:54 pm »

Although the ashes are far less harmfull when not inhaled. But when given sufficient ash, the body won't have enough moisture to wet it all.
Just as a general note, having cement form in your lungs is not a very healthy thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]