Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94012 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #990 on: February 14, 2014, 03:11:04 pm »

I'unno, might depend on if the dwarves had access to nice quantum sand gathering spots. Masterwork green glass spinning disk weapon traps for miles. Also cages. Cages everywhere. Sauron flips out, goes raging, next thing he knows he's stuck in a glass terrarium to give the children happy thoughts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 14, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »

Smaug enters Westeros. Wat happen?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #992 on: February 14, 2014, 03:16:09 pm »

I'unno, might depend on if the dwarves had access to nice quantum sand gathering spots. Masterwork green glass spinning disk weapon traps for miles. Also cages. Cages everywhere. Sauron flips out, goes raging, next thing he knows he's stuck in a glass terrarium to give the children happy thoughts.
That would solve the whole artifact ring thing too wouldn't it? What with it being a useless bauble destined to be stuck in an untradeable junk stockpile.

Smaug enters Westeros. Wat happen?
WHER R MY SMAUGS

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 14, 2014, 03:34:19 pm »

That would solve the whole artifact ring thing too wouldn't it? What with it being a useless bauble destined to be stuck in an untradeable junk stockpile.

That's kind of what the dwarves did do with the rings of power they got, IIRC.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 21, 2014, 08:28:50 pm »

Idea: What if XCOM was the group created in place of that other group in the Transformers Movieverse?

I personally like the images that come to mind with that.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 23, 2014, 08:51:18 pm »

Idea: What if XCOM was the group created in place of that other group in the Transformers Movieverse?

I personally like the images that come to mind with that.

... I have a mental image of Starscream bolted to a table while Doctor Vahlen walks across a catwalk to stand directly over his face, with a huge pair of mechanized shears (Like the Jaws of Life), and says, "Now we will interrogate this one, and then autopsy the... Remainder, afterwards. Bring me the plasma torch."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 21, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »

Right now I want a crossover featuring an Imperial Guard regiment, preferably the Tanith First and Only, but it doesn't matter too much.   For best affect it would be crossed with Halo or Mass Effect.   Mass Effect would be interesting as it would deal with the xenophobic nature of the Imperium, while in Halo it would be all "You hate the alien?  Me too!"  There might be some problems with the Imperial Guard trying to convert the other factions, however.   I will post more tomorrow.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 21, 2014, 09:01:05 pm »

Right now I want a crossover featuring an Imperial Guard regiment, preferably the Tanith First and Only, but it doesn't matter too much.   For best affect it would be crossed with Halo or Mass Effect.   Mass Effect would be interesting as it would deal with the xenophobic nature of the Imperium, while in Halo it would be all "You hate the alien?  Me too!"  There might be some problems with the Imperial Guard trying to convert the other factions, however.   I will post more tomorrow.   

Forget that! Mass Effect+FEAR Crossover, in which humans use their psychic super soldiers to obliterate the Turian first contact fleet.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 21, 2014, 09:10:36 pm »

Know what I want? I want a crossover between the martial arts of Kung Fu Hustle and Mass Effect. Each species has a different spectrum of martial arts.
I just want to see those fight scenes
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #999 on: April 07, 2014, 11:40:59 am »

...preferably the Tanith First and Only
A bad idea for a crossover. It's as exciting as trying to find the thousands of chameleons living in your house.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 07, 2014, 12:57:28 pm »

One I've had in the back of my mind for awhile for being interesting to read would be a crossover of Dwarf Fortress and Homestuck, though I sometimes get the feeling that it might be something that wouldn't be a good idea...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:05 pm »

One I've had in the back of my mind for awhile for being interesting to read would be a crossover of Dwarf Fortress and Homestuck, though I sometimes get the feeling that it might be something that wouldn't be a good idea...
Well...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1002 on: April 09, 2014, 06:54:48 am »

Well...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 11, 2014, 10:01:01 pm »

So, I had an idea which I've begun to write on. It's a ZnT cross with TES, specifically with a Listener from the Skyrim timeline, several years past the concluding events of the various main plots. The Dovahkin is somewhat non-standard; he's spent his time during and after the events of the various plots working to build the Brotherhood up while also trying to help prepare Skyrim and the Empire for another war with the Dominion, but is also personally vested in a quest for knowledge. As of the summoning, Elisif has been crowded as the Empress in the wake of Titus Mede II's death, the Thalmor have been booted from Skyrim, and because of the latter the Imperial legions have been bolstered by a great many former Stormcloaks who've suddenly found themselves with a much more acceptable enemy-of-an-enemy now that Ulfric is dead, a Nord is on the throne, and Talos worship is legal again, among other developments.

It's intended to be fairly lore-heavy, and the Listener's ultimate goal (though even he admits that it's a massive pipe dream) of following Lorkhan and Talos' path as best as he (or any mortal) can towards the realization of CHIM, and more reasonably, trying to uncover more information on the nature of Sithis and the Night Mother. I'm far from a TES scholar, but thankfully there is a great deal of information out there, and it's made easier by the fact that much of the lore is so hazy and contradictory that I can play the same games with him as it does with us. Do note that there's functionally a 0% chance of CHIM ever being actualized for anyone in-verse, because that would completely break everything as far as plot, pacing, and conflict goes.

As far as the ZnT verse goes, I'm hesitantly planning on casting it as a personal universe created from the Void by an unknown (as of yet) entity as something of a mockery of Mundus, complete with a pair of moons bearing a slight similarity to Lorkhan's corpse and a magical system tied to the Void; obviously Brimir in this case would be an avatar or servant of this creator.

Certain gameplay elements (notably the inventory and sneak mechanics) are going to be cast as fragmentary elements of CHIM which tend to elude direct contemplation of their nature, remnants of the creation of Mundus and Lorkhan's failed attempt to spread his knowledge of CHIM to others.

The goals I'm shooting for are thus:

We have a knowledge-seeking, withdrawn Dark Brotherhood Dovahkin who is used to habitually wearing various masks from playing off the factions of Tamriel in pursuit of his own goals inserted into a politically unstable setting. He's primarily a stealthy diplomancer/assassin, and isn't combat-happy the way these sorts of crossover Dovahkin tend to be; the general idea is to avoid the Stations of the Canon, derail the plot, have fun with politics, play with respective lore bases & the way they blend, and potentially develop a nerdy WAFF relationship between Tabitha (Charlotte), Irukuku, and the Listener.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Scathing criticism? Gods help me if Putnam shows up, though, he'll rip me a new one for all the mistakes I've no doubt made.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:49 pm »

Well...

I know about that mod.  I probably should have been more specific.  That is putting Homestuck into Dwarf Fortress.  I meant putting DF dwarves, goblins, humans, elves, kobolds, etc. through Sburb.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69