Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94090 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #975 on: January 07, 2014, 07:01:56 pm »

Waiting for the sequel.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 07, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »

Why didn't the folks in pacific rim call the power rangers? They are the most experienced jager pilots mankind has access to.
They wanted a transforming jaeger, probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 07, 2014, 07:06:39 pm »

Why didn't the folks in pacific rim call the power rangers? They are the most experienced jager pilots mankind has access to.
They wanted a transforming jaeger, probably.
And they only really have training with fighting a bunch of human-sized enemies on the ground, and then the leader of that group ends up growing to be Jaeger sized. Not Jaeger sized the entire way through.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #978 on: January 07, 2014, 07:09:59 pm »

And they only really have training with fighting a bunch of human-sized enemies on the ground, and then the leader of that group ends up growing to be Jaeger sized. Not Jaeger sized the entire way through.
They only bring out the robot when fighting big things. If they're only fighting big things, it stands to reason they'd only ever deploy big things doesn't it? I mean, these guys are students, killing kaijyuu like it's nothing. The world gubmints goofed.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 07, 2014, 10:22:07 pm »

What about Ultraman, though? And I'm sure Godzilla would take exception to some nameless nobodies stomping around on his turf.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #980 on: January 14, 2014, 12:53:02 pm »

What about Ultraman, though? And I'm sure Godzilla would take exception to some nameless nobodies stomping around on his turf.
I thought Godzilla retired?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 15, 2014, 12:54:37 am »

I thought Godzilla retired?
He had a bunch of friends and a kid or two, though. Godzilla's pretty much the Godfather of Earth-native kaiju. Not to mention the endless waves of JSDF self-propelled DEWs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 01, 2014, 01:08:51 pm »

ME/40k: It is the height of the Great Crusade, and the Legions of the Master of Mankind stumble upon a long-abandoned alien construction in uncharted space, called... the Citadel. With it, they discover a grave warning of a threat to come, a vast force lurking in deep space...

(In this timeline, the Dark Age of Technology is the ME-verse. The Age of Strife is caused by the Reapers, their arrival catching even the Emperor off-guard. With his vast powers, he manages to hide Earth and some of humanity from the Reapers' touch, but human civilization collapses regardless.

Of course, the Reapers will return, but this time He will be ready...)

Granted, the Reapers might actually need to be beefed up a bit to stand a chance against the 40k galaxy. Though... two words; Indoctrinated Primarchs.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 01, 2014, 01:54:09 pm »

That's what happened to the two Lost Primarchs. They got indoctrinated. It would explain the whole 'Space Wolves have fought fellow Marines' thing.

Also, that's how the Emperor got ready. He sent the Space Wolves. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 01, 2014, 02:08:25 pm »

I was thinking you could go for a Horus Heresy alternative, even. Horus discovers that the Reapers are coming; the Emperor refuses to answer, is as secretive as usual, so Horus takes it to himself to study this Reaper tech he found. And we all know what happens with 'dead' Reaper things.

From there it's just a short step to starting a civil war, maybe at first because it seems the Emperor is just harming humanity's chances, but the more you use Reaper tech, try to uncover its secrets, the harder it seems to stick to the plan. You might even arrive at Saren's conclusion and try to prove yourself useful servants for survival.

Some bits of lore lend themselves really well. Konrad Curze is wracked his whole life by horrifying visions... in this case, after a youthful encounter with a Prothean beacon. The Emperor could very well have been the Illusive Man. His Webway project could instead be trying to find a way to use relays on his own terms. And so forth.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 02, 2014, 08:45:41 am »

How did I not know of this thread earlier?
I fU*T)W*%#%*) love crossovers.

If only to see how the Zerg would fare against Tyranids or something like that...
Tyranids would, of course, win, as would Space Marines vs SC2 Marines (StarCraft was originally meant to be set in the WH40k universe, wasn't it?), but hey, it'd be a pretty show.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 02, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »

I found this thread forever ago, it's great for an idea breeding ground.

I think at one point I hypothesized an Ing (dark essence from Metroid Prime 2) X 40k crossover, where an Ing planet seed infests one of the imperium's planets or some shit.

I think the thing we agreed on was that no matter what, the inquisition would happily destroy any infested planet, so it's a bit of a futile gesture.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 03, 2014, 12:00:47 am »

*shoves Ratchet+Clank x Sly Cooper (movie  versions) here*
Black lives matter.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #988 on: February 03, 2014, 10:53:27 am »

Dwarf fortress and Cataclysm Dark Days ahead.

Urist Mc Survivor!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #989 on: February 14, 2014, 03:06:03 pm »

Dwarf Fortress in LOTR.

The mines of moria would have ended in an alternative fashion.

I like to think it would have culminated in the watcher in the dark, the balrog of morgoth and all the goblins being dropped down the mountains onto an invading army led by the necromancer Sauron.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69