Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94223 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #825 on: May 06, 2013, 08:03:13 pm »

Ginosaaji vs can of pork and beans.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 06, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »

I have recently been reading this.  It has some really good writing in my own opinion.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 07, 2013, 12:19:07 am »

I think this topic is wasted a bit on old fashion slugfests, not that I don't love a good slugfest.

I say there be a competition: who is the greatest thief in the fictional multiverse?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:23 am »

Luke, the greatest thief in the multiverse (and possibly the most detestable one) is clearly a tie between Thief of 8-Bit Theatre and Happosai of Ranma 1/2. The reasons for both should be obvious.  :P

I have recently been reading this.  It has some really good writing in my own opinion.
I was about to say, "I'll try anything once," but when I saw "Inheritance Cycle" I knew that that would be a lie. Harry Potter and Naruto I can grudgingly concede, but can anyone really write well enough to make Eragon not total shit?

<.<  >.>

I bookmarked it, just in case.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 07, 2013, 12:56:33 am »

Luke, the greatest thief in the multiverse (and possibly the most detestable one) is clearly a tie between Thief of 8-Bit Theatre and Happosai of Ranma 1/2. The reasons for both should be obvious.  :P

I was about to say, "I'll try anything once," but when I saw "Inheritance Cycle" I knew that that would be a lie. Harry Potter and Naruto I can grudgingly concede, but can anyone really write well enough to make Eragon not total shit?

<.<  >.>

I bookmarked it, just in case.
It's actually not bad.
Then again I'm biased since Inheritance Cycle was one of the first high fantasy book series I ever read. They weren't as horrible as people described them, really.
Well, the AryaSue thing aside.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 07, 2013, 06:07:45 am »

Yeah... I know precisely nothing about the Inheritance cycle (I keep getting it mixed up with that sci-fi setting with the amusingly named AI ships, actually. Which would probably improve things in comparison, but I digress), but that fic's pretty solid, for what's been written so far. Would recommend :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 07, 2013, 02:18:26 pm »

I like it, even though I know little to nothing about the Eragon universe. (I read the first book when I was in junior high, but I can't remember it at all.)

My favorite crossover fanfics are:
Harry Potter and the Natural 20. A D&D wizard gets dropped into the HP world. Hilarity and munchkinry ensue.
Renegade. Mass Effect/Command and Conquer.
Big Human on Campus. Ranma Saotome goes to the Youkai Acadamy from Rosario+Vampire.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:49 pm »

Wait. Idea: XCOM assisted Mankind versus the Reapers.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 07, 2013, 03:19:15 pm »

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »

Wait. Idea: XCOM assisted Mankind versus the Reapers.
They haven't gotten to the reapers yet thou
I was going to say. I particularly liked the bit where they

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ooh, we're doing crossover fanfic dumps?

Nanoha x Sailor Moon. Nanoha is the reincarnation of Serenity, is found by the senshi while recovering from the post-A's accident. Hijinks ensue, repeat the mantra, "It's better than it sounds."

CSI investigates the mysterious death of the luckiest boy in the world.

A Gundam 00 x Code Geass blending, rather than the typical magical wormhole plot device. Very good.

A ship full of Kriegsmen and another full of Orks ram each other, encounter Warp shenanigans, and crash-land on Mid-Childa. "A planet full of psykers? KILLKILLKILL."

Harry Potter as raised by Deadpool. That is all.

Homeworld x Mass Effect. Too early to tell if it's a blending or wormhole plot device, but it's a bleeding Homeworld crossover! Even if it is Homeworld 2 era Hiigarans rather than the scrappy, badass Kushans.

Louise of ZnT (oh dear, that again) summons... Yuuka Kazami. The world is promptly derailed by insanity.

Fate/stay night. Saber is the only non-crossover Servant. Cray cray happens.

I've probably mentioned this before, but... Madoka's planet exists in the 40Kverse. Don't ask how. Kyubey is a daemon. Empie contacts Homura-dawg and turns her into his agent, leading to his eventual [redacted].

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 07, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »

That part was rather awesome
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 08, 2013, 02:39:35 pm »

I like it, even though I know little to nothing about the Eragon universe. (I read the first book when I was in junior high, but I can't remember it at all.)

My favorite crossover fanfics are:
Harry Potter and the Natural 20. A D&D wizard gets dropped into the HP world. Hilarity and munchkinry ensue.

"Yeah, you're not helping, Goyle," said Goyle. Wait, Crabbe. Said Crabbe. Phew, close call.

Heh. Hehehehe.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 09, 2013, 10:00:39 am »

I rember reading a good 40k/Bioshock crossover. It had a Spessh Marheen get transported into Rapture and is confused with big daddies. I believe it was called Brother Bubbles.

On the pony side of things Fallout: Equestria, that is all.
Also Vision, a Bishock/Pony xover that did the blending thing.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 09, 2013, 11:54:23 am »

Ooh, we're doing crossover fanfic dumps?
Gabriel Blessing writes the best Shirou. One of the best, anyway. Fate/stay x ZnT.

A Wild >Million Word Fanfic has appeared! Someone took a Ranma/XCOM crossover, and then crossed it over with a Teen Titans/Ranma fanfic. It is quite delightful. Both its parent fics are pretty excellent, too.

And then I'll stop because I'm re-reading In Flight (one of GB's fics) and don't want to spend the next hour day week remembering and jotting down all the really nice Xover stuff I've read.

... well, after throwing this one into the pile. Multicrossover (Ranma 1/2 base, sprinkling of other stuff), 1.3 million words. Probably one of the best self-insert fics I've ever read. Yes, I am saying this is a SI fic that didn't turn to utter shit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 09, 2013, 12:52:20 pm »

It becomes easier when the first-person perspective is the Dovahkiin's rather than Eragon's.  The author basically stated that the (so far) one chapter he wrote from Arya's point of view (only chapter not from the Dovahkiin's point of view, if I recall correctly, it was before the Dovahkiin summoned Hircine.  I think the chapter that the Arya viewpoint was used was where Colin (the Dovahkiin) sparred with Saphira) was difficult because of the fact Eragon always puts her on a pedestal.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 69