Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94179 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2013, 02:22:01 am »

>.>
In game, Kharn would probably beat Eldrad into a bloody pulp. I haven't seen Eldrad's stats, but Kharn's stats are pretty horrifying. Almost as bad as Abaddon, who is fundamentally invulnerable to anything but a huge squad of Choppa Boys in cover with special rules modifying everything.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2013, 02:28:24 am »

Doctor Who and Magic: the Gathering. Travel allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time and space.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2013, 02:37:54 am »

Should we have a blanket "No WH40k" rule here? Or should we limit any crossovers to individual characters or other small scale things?
Why would you do that? 40k is the litmus test; if you can do ok in that universe you can make it just about anywhere.

Well i've thought about it for a while. I think that Spartans would be better fighters but the Space Marines would be better soldiers.
The irony of this is brilliant. Though I doubt the historical Spartans would beat Spehss mehreens... Crossover?

Even then, I'd only give them maybe a 33% chance of success, if they had the element of surprise and got the first strike. All it would take for the Astartes to kill any of them would be one or two hits with a bolter, or a single solid hit with any heavy or melee weapon, by my estimation. So if you had the greenest Astartes you could get, with nothing but a chainsword and bolt pistol, matched against a veteran team of Spartan-IIs used to working together, well armed, supported by a trio of Smart AIs, with surprise and pre-established ambush positions... maybe.
All it'd take really is a single Spartan with a plasma sword. Don't really expect any fantastic results however unless you're talking about Masterchief or something. They are like super inquisitorial stormtroopers! Good, but not as good as a 7-8 foot future alloy giant with a semi-automatic rocket launcher.

I think you are underestimating the speed of the Spartans.  They can dodge bullets at near point blank range.
How do they die?!!

Seriously, picture the consequences of the Thing actually gaining a powerbase in the galaxy. Each faction would probably be infiltrated
Imperium - purge the heretic, burn the unclean. Good luck Jeffrey.
Orks - They'd probably love it. Unless they were burnas. Burnas would set everything on fire, probably out of boredom.
D/Eldar - Doomed
Necrons - Laughing
Tyranids - Jeffrey x Murphy
Tau - For the greater assimilation!
Spehss mehreen - Would be devastating if only for the loss of gene seed
Adeptus Mechanicus - Some of their humans don't even have biomass left...
Tzeentch - As planned???
Nurgle - HELLS YEAH
Khorn - HELLS NO
Slaanesh - Nightmare fuel

-and no one would be able to trust anyone, for they may not be who they say they are. Worlds are lost daily, and when it gets ahold of pskers it gets even worse.
In other words, a normal day in 40k!
Pretty much.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2013, 10:29:09 am »

Jeffrey vs Murphy?
Who is who there, I wonder? Because whoever comes out of the fight between Jef and the Nids (no surprise who I'm hoping for) everything else is screwed. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2013, 10:57:39 am »

>.>
In game, Kharn would probably beat Eldrad into a bloody pulp. I haven't seen Eldrad's stats, but Kharn's stats are pretty horrifying. Almost as bad as Abaddon, who is fundamentally invulnerable to anything but a huge squad of Choppa Boys in cover with special rules modifying everything.

But see, they're total opposites! Eldrad is a dick. A dick who does everything with needlessly intricate, long-term plans. Kharn, on the other hand, is a pretty cool guy. A pretty cool guy who does everything with random, bloody action.

Yeah who am I kidding, Kharn would wipe the floor with Eldrad. If he ever got anywhere near him, that is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »

Because I have an obsession with the Thing, I was rereading some Thing info when the thought hit me - if the Thing is released into an area with biomass, ie not Antarctica, the world is doomed regardless of of the humans win or not. Why? It would infect the plants too. In order to rid the world of the Thing, every plant on Earth would have to be burnt, and at that point it's hopeless to try because the vegetation would fight back, and without plants there is no oxygen. The oceans would have to be killed completely as well, completely drained to make sure one single particle didn't get away.
Because it is all life, the only way to get rid of the Thing fully is to make the planet inhospitable to all life.
Sig! Onol

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2013, 09:10:09 pm »

Because I have an obsession with the Thing, I was rereading some Thing info when the thought hit me - if the Thing is released into an area with biomass, ie not Antarctica, the world is doomed regardless of of the humans win or not. Why? It would infect the plants too. In order to rid the world of the Thing, every plant on Earth would have to be burnt, and at that point it's hopeless to try because the vegetation would fight back, and without plants there is no oxygen. The oceans would have to be killed completely as well, completely drained to make sure one single particle didn't get away.
Because it is all life, the only way to get rid of the Thing fully is to make the planet inhospitable to all life.
So.... Thing vs Galactic Empire means a empire win due to the deathstar/better superweapons?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »

So.... Thing vs Galactic Empire means a empire win due to the deathstar/better superweapons?
If identified immediately, otherwise it would get off planet and infect other worlds. And others. And others. By the time it's discovered (if at all) it will have infected a major portion of the galaxy.
Sig! Onol

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »

Xant X Cthulhu Mythos. Discuss.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2013, 09:39:25 pm »

Xant X Cthulhu Mythos. Discuss.
I'm biased so I'll stay out of this. I'd try it for myself but we're both rather incapacitated right now.
Sig! Onol

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »

PoniesxFall-wait, thats been done already.

Discworld vs Twilight.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2013, 10:03:01 pm »

Discworld vs Twilight.
I think that got banned here, but for the sake of discussion ... Discord wins. Super god thing fighting a horse without Magical Plot Device? Ded.
Sig! Onol

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2013, 10:12:33 pm »

Discworld vs Twilight.
I think that got banned here, but for the sake of discussion ... Discord wins. Super god thing fighting a horse without Magical Plot Device? Ded.
Are you sarcastic or something else. I can't tell...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2013, 10:17:41 pm »

Discworld vs Twilight.
Are you sarcastic or something else. I can't tell...
Sorry if I was unclear, but from what I know, the only way to beat Discord is with the Elements Of Harmony, of which Twilight is just one of 6. Without the others, (Micheal Caine voice) she's got no chance!
Sig! Onol

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »

Discworld, the fucking bestselling bookseries by Terry Pratchett that is amazing.
Twilight, the bestselling but really shitty bookseries about sparkly vampires.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 69