Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94183 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2013, 01:40:09 pm »

For the sake of not derailing the thread, lets just ignore anything Matt Ward has done to anything in 40k.

Matt Who? Seriously, ever heard of him. :P Moving on!

Wait.
Void Dragon awakes, gets hold of Death Star.

Oh god. I wish I knew enough of Star Wars to write this. You've filled my brain with beautiful, beautiful images.

I could probably write it. I know a shitpile about WH40K and Star Wars. Even down to vague technical details on the Star Wars side!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »

I know! The Zerg vs. the Scourge!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »

Cthulhu vs. Doctor Who (been done quite a bit in fanfic, still pretty awesome)

Cosmic wars between eldritch beings of such power that the very universe was written and rewritten
A protagonist who is erudite, genteel, and has a penchant for sticking his nose into trouble and finding things that should not be named.
Possibly the only being in the universe who could stare at newly-awoken Cthulhu in his dark tomb of R'lyeh...and offer him a jellybaby.

Dune vs. Chronicles of Riddick

Both have that odd fantasy/sci-fi baroque space opera vibe
No sentient aliens in either one -- it's all various subspecies of human
Various elite super-warrior types
Honored Matres (zealots bent on converting the universe with sex) vs. Necromongers (zealots bent on converting the universe by killing them)
Both of the above practice "election by assassination", resulting in a major character becoming their leader after fighting against them

I mean, come on....Riddick is basically his universe's answer to the Kwisatz Haderach. And who's to say that the terrible threat that Leto II saw in the distant future wasn't a Necromonger crusade?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2013, 02:00:37 pm »

Redking. I want your babies. Those are awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2013, 02:43:59 pm »

Cosmic wars between eldritch beings of such power that the very universe was written and rewritten
A protagonist who is erudite, genteel, and has a penchant for sticking his nose into trouble and finding things that should not be named.
Possibly the only being in the universe who could stare at newly-awoken Cthulhu in his dark tomb of R'lyeh...and offer him a jellybaby.
There is actually DW canon that would support this. The Doctor has seen some crazy shit and isn't too insane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2013, 03:16:21 pm »

There is actually DW canon that would support this. The Doctor has seen some crazy shit and isn't too insane.
There are interpretations of some of the more recent seasons (like the Pandorica arc) that says the Doctor basically *is* an eldritch horror.

Plus, going back several million years and chatting up the Elder Things in their Antarctic base, or peeking in on the Fungi from Yuggoth in their Plutonian cities seems like just another random outing for the Doctor. And going toe-to-toe with mind-destroying horrors that are millenia old is no big thing for him. Fenric, Sutek, The Beast, The Fendahl, The Master....

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2013, 04:41:50 pm »

If you stop and think about the Time Lords, they're totally eldritch horrors.

You know what this means, of course. The Daleks were the good guys.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2013, 04:43:25 pm »

If you stop and think about the Time Lords, they're totally eldritch horrors.

You know what this means, of course. The Daleks were the good guys.
Unless its really just like 40k, in which there are NO factions that can truly claim the title of being the good guys.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2013, 04:47:04 pm »

Well, there's definitely elements of the "Look, humans...you're really better off just not knowing all the stuff out there. Trust me on this." At least up until the Torchwood stuff, then it's more of "Okay, now you have an inkling of what's out there. You'd better prepare yourselves."

Another one that just occurred to me (despite knowing little detail about each series):
Lensman vs. Gurren Lagann

Just because both series have weapons that scale up to Ludicrous.

Lensman has the Sunbeam (an entire solar system configured into a beam cannon, directly ouputting the energy of the star into an energy beam) and the Nth-Space Planet weapon, which uses an entire planet at FTL speeds as a projectile weapon.

Gurren Lagann has a mecha one hundred times the size of the Milky Way galaxy. And then follows it up with the SUPER version, which is 100 times bigger than THAT.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »

Weeeell if we limit the mech to the planet-sized Chouginga Gurren Lagann... it'd still win. Seriously, it has the ability to attack all of spacetime at once (even though such a temporal term wouldn't make sence but whatev'), and it can only be harmed by enemies who cheat the probabilities in their favour.

Soo... yeah.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2013, 05:05:02 pm »

Spiral power can literally create infinite mass and energy as long as the spiral power user keeps up their willpower.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »

Okay, so.

(NOTE: I'm pulling a lot of the Ing stuff from MWars fanon, because it sort of makes sense. Link)

The Ing, dark energy creatures from Aether, roaming about the universe slowly converting the planets they find into dark, twisted versions of themselves, spreading the influence of the dark dimension across the universe,

and

The Zerg, powerful bioweapons from the dark past of the starcraft universe, spreading the creep and influence of their queen, Kerrigan.

Transplanted into

The Warhammer 40k universe.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

I doubt the Zerg are any worse than the Tyranids, and we already know that the Hive Fleets can be destroyed, their warriors killed. Would take a lot of bodies, but could be done.

Not sure about the capabilities of the Ing, never got very far into Metroid Prime 2. IIRC however, they can't exist in the "normal" world without possessing a host. Kill the host creatures, Ing are helpless.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2013, 07:43:00 pm »

I just don't see the Zerg living very long in the 40K verse. Leaving aside the bit about them being a far smaller entity than just about every 40K faction (Except maybe, maybe the Tau), their niche (overwhelming wall of flesh with bioweapons and rapid evolution) is already covered by the 'Nids, who do a much better job of it. I get the feeling that whatever faction ran up against the Zerg would be wondering why that Hivefleet was so weak.

ninjas.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »

I just don't see the Zerg living very long in the 40K verse. Leaving aside the bit about them being a far smaller entity than just about every 40K faction (Except maybe, maybe the Tau), their niche (overwhelming wall of flesh with bioweapons and rapid evolution) is already covered by the 'Nids, who do a much better job of it. I get the feeling that whatever faction ran up against the Zerg would be wondering why that Hivefleet was so weak.

ninjas.
But then again, you need to factor in the fact that they can assimilate other forms of life. Groxlisk? Krootling? Infested eldar?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 69