Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94143 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 10:06:18 pm »

Depends. How does the ACU nuke-on-death (for SupCom ones anyway) compare to the war machinery if it comes to that? The engineers would last about no time at all, but if they aren't getting pummeled as soon as they warp/gate in, theres a possibility we could quickly see a war pop out of nowhere, though the Aeon would more than likely be screwed (Other religions? BLAM) if it was them instead of ARM, CORE, the UEF, or the Cybrans. Space would be limited, but with enough energy and mass converters, the Commander could stand for awhile if he got enough of a foothold.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 10:13:55 pm »

If the ACU goes nuclear, then it doesn't matter how much damage it does to the Imperial forces in the process; it lost the fight.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:24 pm »

True, I'd mostly been wondering how big a force it could take with it in 40k.

Also, with enough space cleared it wouldn't hit the T3 gate building you can use to bring in a sub-commander ACU. THat can probably be used to bring in a second full Commander.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:58 pm »

I dunno if the outcome would be quite so one-sided. Remember that forge worlds require massive influxes of new materials to keep the factories running. It would all depend on how well the adeptus mechanicus could defend their warehouses and assembly lines, and if they get a good defensive line up early (remember that the Titans are at least as big as the Commander, and probably equivalently armed), the Commander would be forced to scrounge scraps and may find itself on the wrong foot.
Oh, titans (barring maybe the scouts ones, I guess) are probably much larger than the commanders and almost doubtlessly better armed -- the D-Gun has a hell of a kick to it, but other than that all they've got is a single laser. Commander's big thing is the construction/command capability, and TA tech base would be able to do things with materials on hand that I'm not sure WH40k's tech could even dream of (and remember, given enough time a commander can just direct the construction of a massive metal maker/fusion farm -- they can basically go completely reclaimless if they really feel like it). A forge world would probably be the equivalent to a metal world in TA, and those just get silly.

Core would also have the fun potentially of possibly setting up Krogaths for the go, and, well. Those probably are as large as the titans and similarly armed :P

You'd have to do a lot of futzing around insofar as weapon powers and suchlike goes, though. I don't recall how much in the way of hard(ish) numbers TA had...

Though I'd probably call it ultimately for the Imperium, likely via exterminatus. It'd depend on a lot of factors, really... Commander managing to actually assimilate Imperium tech could cause gods know what. The TA construction capability is basically goddamn magic and them setting up to spew out Imperium warships and Titans (enhanced however with TA tech, of course -- ARM getting a hold of a geneseed, ferex, might cause hilarity) could cause some craziness. There's just... a lot of variables involved, heh.

'Course, if a diplomatic solution of some sort was reached... game over. Any of the WH40k sides getting a hold of TA construction technology would be a game ender for everyone else. Barring maybe the 'nids, who'd probably just eat it. 'Course, ARM cloning getting a hold of 'nid organisms...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 10:21:32 pm »

Re: nukes

Y'know, I'm honestly not sure. I know that some of mankind's weapons are more powerful than nukes (say, a lance barrage from orbit, or possibly some heavy titan weaponry), but nukes don't tend to feature heavily in WH40k, so I have no idea how they'd stack up to Imperial tech.

But yeah, Imperium would likely win in the end, even if they have to destroy the forge world via Exterminatus. So far as I'm aware, nothing in the Imperial arsenal can survive that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:11 pm »

Even if something did manage to survive Exterminatus (maybe an absolutely absurd about of anti-nuke structures refit to fight the Imperium under several shields and generally not lasting more than a few minutes at best under that massive a power drain?), it would still be an imperial victory, yeah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 10:40:18 pm »

Y'know, I'm honestly not sure. I know that some of mankind's weapons are more powerful than nukes (say, a lance barrage from orbit, or possibly some heavy titan weaponry), but nukes don't tend to feature heavily in WH40k, so I have no idea how they'd stack up to Imperial tech.

But yeah, Imperium would likely win in the end, even if they have to destroy the forge world via Exterminatus. So far as I'm aware, nothing in the Imperial arsenal can survive that.

As far as I can discern, from the books and such, Imperial anti-ship missiles are about the size of a large skyscaper, and use plasma warheads. Imperial cruisers are something like 12 miles long, which is huge. I rather believe that the plasma warheads are superior to nuclear warheads. Perhaps the Imperium doesn't want to irradiate enemies, just annihilate them?

And Exterminatus should, for sake of fairness, be excluded from most Crossover ideas. Otherwise it devolves into, "What about [X]? Well, Exterminatus." ad infinitum.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »

As far as I can discern, from the books and such, Imperial anti-ship missiles are about the size of a large skyscaper, and use plasma warheads. Imperial cruisers are something like 12 miles long, which is huge. I rather believe that the plasma warheads are superior to nuclear warheads. Perhaps the Imperium doesn't want to irradiate enemies, just annihilate them?

And Exterminatus should, for sake of fairness, be excluded from most Crossover ideas. Otherwise it devolves into, "What about [X]? Well, Exterminatus." ad infinitum.
Kind of like that Aliens vs Thing thread which I dare not mention except in passing. I can only give hints.
'Assimilatio-'
'ACID BLOOD BIOIMPERATIVE'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 10:49:59 pm »

So. Let's talk about that. Assuming the Thing can't assimilate an Alien, to pander to the fanbase (Hans lurves teh Xenomorphs, btw, but knows Jeffrey would win, because seriously? Are you fucking serious? It's the Thing.) what's to stop a human-biomass sized Thing from simply outsmarting the Alien? Aliens are quite intelligent, probably as smart as a particularly intelligent dog, but a Thing in manform is as smart as a man. Hell, one made a SPACESHIP IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS.

Also, we should probably assume that all 'special abilities' from all the universes work on each other. The Thing can assimilate the Alien, the Alien can facehug the Tau, the Psykers can mindcontrol the Thing, etc. Otherwise people just get all pissed off and shut down. Oh, and the Thing could probably take over at least part of the Necrons. The Pariahs are part human.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 10:52:30 pm »

Yeah, sans EX, things would depend a lot on how far (if) the commander got off the ground. Either core or arm could comfortably capture a techpriest, methinks, and once they've got one they've got as many as they want providing nothing stops 'em. After that, providing there's not some kind of massive disparity between weapon/material tech between the two (and in that case, TA tech would be able to assimilate the Imperium tech in pretty short order, so it'd be a bit of a countdown), it'd be really, really hard to full out stop a TA incursion.

S'like I said, TA construction technology is basically goddamn magic and considering numbers are a non-issue (infinite pattern replication for CORE, on the fly cloning for ARM -- and they can easily use the other side's tech if they feel like it.) I'd say it'd really depend on if the commander hit a breaking point in terms of manufacturing/defense capability.

If it's stopped before then (and really, the commander itself is pretty flimsy, so it's not exactly out of the question), then the Imperium wins. If it isn't, the TA incursion goes Borg on the Imperium and in relatively short order take over the joint (said joint being the Imperium, and ultimately the WH40k galaxy. "But Chaos!" You say. "But God-Emperor of Mankind cloning", ARM says.).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 10:53:30 pm »

Actually, Jeffrey made the cave too.
Umad, Tony Stark?
Sig! Onol

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:33 pm »

Yeah, sans EX, things would depend a lot on how far (if) the commander got off the ground. Either core or arm could comfortably capture a techpriest, methinks, and once they've got one they've got as many as they want providing nothing stops 'em. After that, providing there's not some kind of massive disparity between weapon/material tech between the two (and in that case, TA tech would be able to assimilate the Imperium tech in pretty short order, so it'd be a bit of a countdown), it'd be really, really hard to full out stop a TA incursion.

S'like I said, TA construction technology is basically goddamn magic and considering numbers are a non-issue (infinite pattern replication for CORE, on the fly cloning for ARM -- and they can easily use the other side's tech if they feel like it.) I'd say it'd really depend on if the commander hit a breaking point in terms of manufacturing/defense capability.

If it's stopped before then (and really, the commander itself is pretty flimsy, so it's not exactly out of the question), then the Imperium wins. If it isn't, the TA incursion goes Borg on the Imperium and in relatively short order take over the joint (said joint being the Imperium, and ultimately the WH40k galaxy. "But Chaos!" You say. "But God-Emperor of Mankind cloning", ARM says.).

O.O Enhance.

For the love of god, ENHANCE.

"But Chaos!" You say. "But God-Emperor of Mankind cloning", ARM says.).

That's... That's just sexy.
He's fucking with us.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2013, 10:56:44 pm »

@Hanslanda: Don't Xenomorphs have a hivemind? If so they would be able to tell if one of their number stops communicating with the queen/others.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2013, 10:57:29 pm »

O.O Enhance.

For the love of god, ENHANCE.

"But Chaos!" You say. "But God-Emperor of Mankind cloning", ARM says.).

That's... That's just sexy.
Infinite Emperors?
But we alrady have Him among us.
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 10:57:38 pm »

So. Let's talk about that. Assuming the Thing can't assimilate an Alien, to pander to the fanbase (Hans lurves teh Xenomorphs, btw, but knows Jeffrey would win, because seriously? Are you fucking serious? It's the Thing.) what's to stop a human-biomass sized Thing from simply outsmarting the Alien? Aliens are quite intelligent, probably as smart as a particularly intelligent dog, but a Thing in manform is as smart as a man. Hell, one made a SPACESHIP IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS.

Also, we should probably assume that all 'special abilities' from all the universes work on each other. The Thing can assimilate the Alien, the Alien can facehug the Tau, the Psykers can mindcontrol the Thing, etc. Otherwise people just get all pissed off and shut down. Oh, and the Thing could probably take over at least part of the Necrons. The Pariahs are part human.
I don't know if any of the fleshy bits of Pariahs are accessible, though. It might just be a brain inside the metal skull, which I don't see the Thing gaining access to very easily. And besides, a gauss flayer would easily kill the Thing.

@ Frumple: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a TA commander need access to the raw materials to make all that stuff? Besides, without access to spaceships and a Navigator the commander would never get off-world. Even if he did, the Imperium has massive battlefleets at their disposal.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 69