Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94049 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:09 pm »

If we're going for 1v1 fights, I'd like to see a showdown between Nyarlathotep and Tzeentch.

This would either be the most awesome fight ever, or the most boring fight ever.

N: And my minion Kresh enacts the ritual...
T: Except he's actually MY minion, enacting MY ritual...
N: Except what you thought was a ritual praising you was a ritual praising me and...
T: Kresh was subverted by Chaos years ago...
N: Except we knew this and replaced him with a clone...
T: Except the clone was Chaos too...
N: Except it was the other clone. We made four. Three were Chaos.
T: ... You son of a bitch. KHARN!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »

They then re-enact an entire universe to decide who won, only to reveal that they were cheating, so they engage in universe gambitry.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 09:36:41 pm »

Gurren Lagann + Orks. Yours is da WAAAAGH! that shall pierce da 'eavans!

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 09:40:19 pm »

... yeah, orkz + spiral force is a pretty terrifying concept. That's just... yeah. Yeeaaah. Everyting gon' be orky.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

... yeah, orkz + spiral force is a pretty terrifying concept. That's just... yeah. Yeeaaah. Everyting gon' be orky.
Or exploded.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »

Or exploded.
Or dakka. An entire universe made entirely of dakka. And it still wouldn't be enuff.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 09:48:36 pm »

Or exploded.
Dat's wot eye said!

Anyway, yeah, I'unno, I think I'd like to see some nice total annihilation Xovers -- though with what, I'm not too sure. TA actually had a kinda' interesting backstory.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 09:49:52 pm »

TA/SupCom is the obvious first xover. How to go about it though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 09:51:46 pm »

What do you think would happen if you gave Orks the ability to hit and shoot things with galaxies? Obviously they'd complain that it still isn't enough dakka.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 09:52:49 pm »

TA/SupCom is the obvious first xover. How to go about it though?
Now that, I couldn't say. Don't know SupCom's fluff, like, at all. Warp gate malfunction is an obvious plot hook from the TA side, though. Could probably land a commander pretty much anywhere (in terms of cross dimensional shenanigans) and then it's off to the races.

E: Though I imagine, conceptually, there'd be something of a similar effect to this little gem. Having what amounts to something startlingly like a sentient von neumann machine show up on the scene can create a delightful amount of disturbance in pretty short order.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:56:22 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:07 pm »

What do you think would happen if you gave Orks the ability to hit and shoot things with galaxies?
I would think the Vikings had the right idea with the world ending in a fight. Though not quite so literally :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:26 pm »

SupCom/TA vs WH40k, perhaps. Yes, I know I'm throwing WH into everything, but imagine what would happen if one of those giant Commander mechs found itself on an Imperial Forge World, against the thousands of freshly-built war machines (crewed by Skitarri and techpriests, of course) and the Titan Legions. Who would win?

Damn ninjas.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:44 pm »

SupCom/TA vs WH40k, perhaps. Yes, I know I'm throwing WH into everything, but imagine what would happen if one of those giant Commander mechs found itself on an Imperial Forge World, against the thousands of freshly-built war machines (crewed by Skitarri and techpriests, of course) and the Titan Legions. Who would win?
Honestly, I'd say it'd depend on if the commander managed to capture enough to kick off the Imperial build tree before someone able to get through its cloak showed up. Once a commander gets things rolling, well. See my above edit.

It'd also depend pretty heavily on which side showed up. I'd... actually think Core (self-replicating intelligent machine spirits say what?) would be more likely to manage a diplomatic solution than Arm, at least with the Imperium.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »

Speaking of convenient plot hooks, I seem to recall a pass-around fic written by a bunch of different people, the premise of which was essentially that the Tom Clancy-verse Earth (and the 50ly sphere around it) were transposed into the outer reaches of the pre-Clan return BattleTech galaxy, and is promptly (unsuccessfully) invaded by a fleet of pirates looking for lostech. Some of the authors were cringeworthy, but a lot were damned good. There's a .pdf of it floating around somewhere, around 782ish pages IIRC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »

Honestly, I'd say it'd depend on if the commander managed to capture enough to kick off the Imperial build tree before someone able to get through its cloak showed up. Once a commander gets things rolling, well. See my above edit.

It'd also depend pretty heavily on which side showed up. I'd... actually think Core (self-replicating intelligent machine spirits say what?) would be more likely to manage a diplomatic solution than Arm, at least with the Imperium.
I dunno if the outcome would be quite so one-sided. Remember that forge worlds require massive influxes of new materials to keep the factories running. It would all depend on how well the adeptus mechanicus could defend their warehouses and assembly lines, and if they get a good defensive line up early (remember that the Titans are at least as big as the Commander, and probably equivalently armed), the Commander would be forced to scrounge scraps and may find itself on the wrong foot.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69