Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 94073 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2013, 02:07:13 am »

In WH40K, being weak to death almost counts as a critical weakness.
Cue immortal jellyfish curbstomping all the other factions and taking over the galaxy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2013, 02:08:44 am »

How would Samus do against the Zerg then?

I'm talking maybe one brood?

Metroids are weak to cold right?

I don't think Orks have Ice Beams.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2013, 02:14:21 am »

The Orkz have guns and tanks and giant-robot-effigy-of-their-god-things and a psychic forcefield that sorrunds them that makes what they think will happen happen. Also since Samus tends to bring a lot of attention to herself she may have the goddamn Inquistion coming after her with Marines and other shit. The Imperium does not like heresy, xeno collaboration and whatever else Samus may do to piss them off.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2013, 02:32:40 am »

Nrg. Yeah, if Samus didn't run into one of the radical inquisitors or something she'd be in for a hell of a ride. I'd imagine the Imperium would consider her some kind of amalgamation of mutant and Xeno... and considering she probably wouldn't at-least-lipservice the Emperor's divinity, that's a triple strike where it's one strike FOR THE EMPEROR. Eldar or the Tau might be down with her, though, but the Imperium, not so much. Chaos Samus would be great, too.

And as for Orkz having ice beams... shit, there's probably a mekboy or somethin' out there that's weaponized cyrogenics. And, as McClay noted, it's entirely possible that if the orkz think their weapons will work against Metroids... the weapons will.

Samus versus Zerg is... slightly better. They're basically somewhat more sane 'nids, so... yeah. Mind you, Samus would still be kinda' stomped in the end, but she could 1v1 most zerg organisms without too terribly much trouble, I'd think. Most of them. I'd wager in, say, Kerrigan's favor without hesitation, simply because K could psi-storm the joint and Samus'd probably just kinda' fall over, but most of the non-psi capable Zerg Samus has stomped things of similar nature and stature multiple times. Not in the numbers that the Zerg would ultimately throw at her, of course, but individually I'd say yeah. E: Providing you hand-waved material technology et al to be somewhat equal. Starcraft tech is actually a little crazy in some ways, and shit like zerglings take multiple hits from freaking depleted uranium firing gauss rifles to drop, so yeah.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:37:02 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2013, 02:41:42 am »

That's what Galactic Federation Meatsh...uh..."Soldiers" are for.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:43:26 am by Vgray »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2013, 02:43:23 am »

... making sentient bio-bombs to be thrown in waves at Samus?
Ask not!
Ask!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2013, 02:48:00 am »

I forgot about infested Marines...or infested GF troopers in this case.

I can't think of anything to pair Space Pirates with.

Simply because Space Pirates are the butt monkeys of the metroid universe.

I still think the Ing would be terrifying in any universe...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:07:46 am by Vgray »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2013, 06:00:25 am »

Because I have an obsession with the Thing, I was rereading some Thing info when the thought hit me - if the Thing is released into an area with biomass, ie not Antarctica, the world is doomed regardless of of the humans win or not. Why? It would infect the plants too.
...This was brought up in the original derail. The lovely thing is in the event of Jeffreys making humans aplode a planet, Murphy'd still be around ^_^
[Except thermonuclear asplosion of course].
In order to rid the world of the Thing, every plant on Earth would have to be burnt
Why
and at that point it's hopeless to try
Fire beats plant
because the vegetation would fight back
Some trees are so massive they are incapable of harbouring infections - there is so much wood on the outer layers that the trees give no ground. The outer layers are dead.
and without plants there is no oxygen.
21% oxygen atmosphere, expect humans to respond with algae farms and fire everywhere.
The oceans would have to be killed completely as well, completely drained to make sure one single particle didn't get away.
You're not terribly good at the whole "reactionary force" thing? :|
Because it is all life, the only way to get rid of the Thing fully is to make the planet inhospitable to all life.
Or keep it away from areas of inhabited life. I.e. burn. Imagine something out of the mist, but better handled.
If identified immediately, otherwise it would get off planet and infect other worlds. And others. And others. By the time it's discovered (if at all) it will have infected a major portion of the galaxy.
"Noticed anything different about Bob?"
"What the third arm? Yeah haven't you heard, he's on some all protein diet or something."

If the thing found its way onto modern planet Earth - I would fully expect the beautiful scenario where humans across the world trigger the eruption of every volcano on the planet.

And as for Orkz having ice beams... shit, there's probably a mekboy or somethin' out there that's weaponized cyrogenics. And, as McClay noted, it's entirely possible that if the orkz think their weapons will work against Metroids... the weapons will.
The only trouble is getting the Orks to think :D

Starcraft tech is actually a little crazy in some ways, and shit like zerglings take multiple hits from freaking depleted uranium firing gauss rifles to drop, so yeah.
The marines are just missing all the time. Taking too many stims and emptying magazines all over the place.

Point and case:
*It takes a couple of shots from the ghost to take down a Hydralisk.

In the cinematics:
BOOM HEADSHOT
[And while yes Reynor was using high explosive rounds, Warfield did just punch an Hydralisk to death].

Also expect it to do with balance and game scale vs realism, like the banshee in game vs the banshee in universe, which essentially functions as a slow moving harassment air attack vehicle (in game) vs a fast moving ground support bomber (in universe).

In essence, the zerg are fragile enough. Except Ultralisks, which are seen in universe taking siege cannon shots to the face.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:03:35 am by Loud Whispers »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2013, 09:25:39 am »

Metroids have some things going for them but, well, from what I remember most of them are weak to explosives. And in the WH40k 'verse, that's... kind of a critical weakness :P
Metroids are weak to two things: Ice and high-explosives. Generally in that order if you're trying to be efficient.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2013, 09:43:26 am »

Discworld vs 40k. The emperor starts running.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2013, 10:53:37 am »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2013, 10:54:01 am »

Dungeon dimensions would win get in bed with Chaos and have a rousing good time.
FTFY.

Though maybe an eldritch abomination party with the C'Tan would also be in order, I'unno.
Ask not!
Ask!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2013, 10:55:09 am »

Actually, on whose side would the Auditors be on?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2013, 10:58:47 am »

Actually, on whose side would the Auditors be on?
40k is a massive bloody mess most of the day and at least part of the night. I don't think they'll like it any better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01:00 am »

Yeah but what I mean is, would they be a third faction entirely?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 69