Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Roll to Pierce the Heavens!  (Read 20454 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pierce the Heavens!
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2013, 03:41:04 pm »

Fuck this! I'm running out of patience!
Fire at Mörder while looking for an alternate route to the hangar, while staying as behind cover as possible!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2013, 08:05:55 pm »

shameless bump
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2013, 10:23:08 pm »

Fall back while the others distract him and try to shoot him with my Gatling gun while he's distracted.
It's FEF, not FEOF

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2013, 02:58:05 pm »

Prologue: Turn 9
Gattai Nante Kuso Kurae
Objective: Secure Ganmen Hanger: Complete
Objective: Acquire Ganmen

Fuck this! I'm running out of patience!
Fire at Mörder while looking for an alternate route to the hangar, while staying as behind cover as possible!
-snip-

Fire off a rocklet to a point to the opposite side the others are sneaking around him, to try and distract him and give the others a better shot to get to the Ganmen.  Take cover!
"...shit."
Try to find cover, move around so the enemy ganmen can't see me as I head to the hangar and jack a ganmen for myself.
Take a wide path to the hanger, keep away from the Ganmen
Fall back while the others distract him and try to shoot him with my Gatling gun while he's distracted.
-snip-

Fling a smoke or inendiary bomb at the enemy Ganmen before following my comrades into the hangar via a safe route.
Laugh Maniacally.

-snip-

Swipe at them with Mah Sword

Gale is torn between two desires- the desire to shoot things with many many bullets, and also the desire to not be killed by the giant scary robot.

He chooses both!

... Screaming at the top of his lungs, Gale runs at an angle to the hanger, spraying bullets at the enemy Ganmen! The bullets spark and crack as they ricochet off the sturdy Ganmen armor! ... He keeps up the fire until the Ganmen is hidden by the bulk of the hanger, and finds himself face to face with a jagged hole in the wall, no doubt carved by the hot jagged piece of metal protruding from it. Shouldering his Vulacn, Gale wriggles inside the hanger.

He coughs, peering through the billowing smoke. Most of the hanger is ablaze now, and he can see very little through the smoke and flame. To his left, gasoline drips from the open mouth of toppled Ganmen, bursting into flame. Gale grimaces when he sees one of the legs is melting in the intense heat. To his right lies another Ganmen- although it is also aflame, at least the cockpit is accessible. Pulling his coat over his head to protect against the searing heat, Gale hops into the Ganmen's mouth.

The jaws shut behind him!

Outside, Toaster sizes up the situation. The enemy Ganmen can easily pick off the unarmored humans sneaking toward the hanger. Zenni is already in rough shape- he will need at least one more ally in a Ganmen to hold off the fearsome Captain Big.

Time to be a team player.

"Guys, I'll try to distract him!" he shouts, running toward the side opposite Gale's path. ... Firing from the hip, Toaster looses a rocklet at the wall of the hanger! It impacts with an explosion that would have been small but satisfying if it had not been immediately preceded by all the other explosions associated with the hanger. Hoping that the impact was close enough to distract the Beastman, Toaster looks for cover. ... He falls headlong into a deep hole, a gouge carved from the violent passage of Zenni's Ganmen!

He realizes he is directly between Zenni and Captain Big!

Nitro sees Toaster run off to distract the enemy Ganmen, and vows to make the most of this opportunity! ... Running low to the ground, he somehow stays beneath the attention of the Beastman, darting behind the enemy as he steps out into the night!

... From here, he has an excellent view of the entire hanger. He dismisses most of the Ganmen he can see as being too inaccessible, or too damaged, or too on fire. Suddenly, he catches sight of a pristine Ganmen hunched near the observation booth, covered in soot and char but otherwise undamaged! Running up, he easily vaults inside the cockpit, kicking aside a charred and burnt Beastman body to sit in the pilot's chair, eagerly grabbing the waiting handles.

"You!? What do you think you are doing in my precious Ganmen!?!"

Startled, Nitro glances over his shoulder- it seems the burnt Beastman was less dead than previously thought! The Beastman's ferret-like face twists in a snarl as he draws a knife in the cramped space!

Grave looks to circle wide around Captain Big, hoping to find another entrance to the hanger! ... As he approaches the edge of the clearing, however, a violent explosion rocks the camp as another supply dump detonates! A dozen flaming barrels of gasoline fall from the sky, bouncing directly at the sneaking human! Grave spins around and sprints away from the subsequent detonations!

Directly at the enemy Ganmen!

Zenni wipes blood out of his eyes, looking down on the battlefield. His allies stream toward the hanger, attempting to join his fight. Ahead of them, Captain Big steps out of the hanger, taking his sword in both hands. Zenni's stomach clenches in a cold knot- he is certain that the Beastman means to snuff out his allies like so many ants.

"Hey! Why don't you pick on somebody your own size!?!"

Zenni raises his gun-arm, loosing a stream of much larger bullets to join the pitiful trickle from Gale's Vulcan! ... Without breaking stride, Captain Big raises one thick arm, and suddenly a small shield sprouts from it! The hail of bullets is deflected in every direction around the Beastman, tearing into the hanger as Captain Big continues his implacable march forward!

Chewtoy looks in awe as the gargantuan machines of war deal death and violence, a grand pageant of fire and destruction, explosions and brutality.

"Ooo... they look cool..."

... Rummaging around in his pack, he finds a bit of equipment he hadn't needed on insertion- a smoke grenade to cover his approach! Priming the explosive, he hurls it forward, watching in satisfaction as it cloaks the battlefield in a thick layer of smoke, swirling around the Ganmen's knees as it hides Toaster and Grave from the approaching Beastman.

... Despite bountiful evidence to the contrary, Chewtoy is nobody's fool, and rather than rushing into the smoke bank he just created he instead runs around the side, following the path Gale pioneered. He coughs, waving smoke from his face as the walls of the hanger are hidden by his camouflage, but eddies in the smoke soon reveal a small maintenance door standing open further down the wall.

Stepping inside, Chewtoy blinks at the raging inferno within. A large Ganmen lies upside-down against the wall nearby, apparently blown there by the force of some great impact or other. Many of the other Ganmen in the area are broken and damaged, and the spreading pools of gasoline threaten to add this clear corner of the hanger to the general conflagration.

Chewtoy double-takes, looking again at the upside-down Ganmen. Upon closer inspection, it appears that it hasn't suffered any serious damage- a bit bent and scratched, sure, but it isn't missing any limbs or important-looking bits. Walking closer, Chewtoy gives the mouth a good kick, and is rewarded by a gentle woosh as the jaws open, revealing a cushioned seat and a pair of control handles.

They're hanging from the ceiling, but that's easily the seventh-hardest problem Chewtoy has faced today.

Captain Big sneers out at the gathered humans illuminated in the flickering firelight. He pays no mind as a small explosion- tiny, really, compared to the might of Mörder- detonates just above his right shoulder, nor does he spare any thought for the ensuing explosions in the Beastman camp, or the cloud of billowing smoke that springs out of nowhere. He steps into the night, laughing as a patter of bullets spends itself futilely on his armored Ganmen, absolutely roaring when his opponent struggles to his feet, unleashing a stream of bullets, trying to goad Big into charging into the camp, away from the hanger.

Captain Big raises his sword, turning the point down toward the dirt where he last saw the filthy humans scurrying like rats.

"See how your bravest warrior trembles before the might of Beißen! What can you hope to do with those pitiful weapons?! BEGONE!"

... Roaring with laughter, Captain Big thrusts his great sword Beißen into the cloud where he saw one of the humans try to hide. ... Toaster screams as the very edge of the sword slices into his side, miraculously failing to strike a vital organ. Dirt fountains over the human from the force of the blow as the sword digs into the ground. Captain Big pulls the sword clear of the smoke, laughing anew as he sees the blood smearing the blade, redoubling his laughter when the swirling smoke gives him a glimpse of another human running toward the hanger.

"You dirty rebels may be good at skulking and fighting in the dark, but see how you fare when you face a real warrior!"

... Once more Beißen strikes into the smoke, shuddering the earth from the force of the impact. ... Twirling the blade, Captain Big holds his sword up toward Zenni, showing him the corpse of Grave impaled on its length. The brutish Beastman laughs as he flips the body away into the night, bringing his guard up for the next confrontation.

Spoiler: Captain Big (click to show/hide)

Grave Longdam  KIA
'Toaster' Tim Duncan, Rocklet Rifle, HP 1/5
Spoiler: Chewtoy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nitro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gale (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zenni (click to show/hide)

TSUCHIGUMO! REMALLE! MONKEYHEAD! YOU ARE IN MID-TRANSFORMATION! Use the rules now in the OP to build your Ganmen- you start with one Weapon for free (Melee, Ranged or Artillery) and may select an additional 2 Abilities and/or Armaments of your choice. Your expanded character sheet is in the above spoiler. Don't forget to include a post-transformation action! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Also, Remalle, you may notice that you still have your puny pedestrian weapons and HP still listed in your sheet- this is because you are in fact wrestling somebody inside your own Ganmen, and he can still punch you directly. Trying to pilot your Ganmen while this guy tries to stab you will impose a slight penalty.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:01:55 pm by monk12 »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2013, 03:18:03 pm »

Spoiler: The Silverback (click to show/hide)

Action: Get the right way up and urgently get out of the hanger before it turns into an ex hangar, through the wall if needs be with liberal application of plasma.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:15:45 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2013, 03:18:57 pm »

(:( Damn it! To the wait list)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2013, 04:15:42 pm »

Talk about cutting it close.

"Ow!  Dammit!  I didn't come this far to die now!"

Take the smoke cover as an opportunity to GTFO and get into the hangar after my own Ganmen.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2013, 04:33:50 pm »

Spoiler: Bachimugen (click to show/hide)
stuff
Wasn't in melee range. Yet.

Burst through the hangar, and scream with rage!
"Hey, overgrown chimp! No one kills my friends. Today, right here... Today, you will die a warrior, or you will die a coward!"
Launch some bees from The Beehive at Beißen, while avoiding getting too close.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:40:26 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2013, 06:43:02 pm »

Spoiler: Nitrous Flare (click to show/hide)
(Did I do it right?)

"Your precious ganmen?  This is my damn ride!"
Give the beastman a drill to the face.  Once he's done, turn my attention back to the fight and try to stay out of the way until I get the controls down.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2013, 04:27:09 pm »

Spoiler: Chewtoy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nitro (click to show/hide)

Remalle and Monkeyhead should be good to go- let me know if I messed something up there, or if you object to anything.

Tsuchigumo, I would first like to say that I'm totally on board with the giant bee robot concept, but it needs a bit of tweaking. The free weapon you start with can't be a Burst Weapon (because the potential for team killing when that's your only weapon is high,) although you're free to drop one of your other abilities to take it in addition to a free Melee/Ranged/Artillery weapon. You'll be able to get back whatever you drop when you level up after the first mission, and I'm giving everyone the option to respec after the Prologue if you so desire.

Once that's squared away, I just need an action from Furtuka to get on with the explosions.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2013, 04:33:47 pm »

((I get how my chosen ability and healing surge works, but would you mind explaining the one in yellow?))
This is a blank sig.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2013, 04:53:00 pm »

((I get how my chosen ability and healing surge works, but would you mind explaining the one in yellow?))

In short, it makes the ground around you explode lots, conveniently beneath only your foes. The more explosions, the more HP you gain. HP does overcharge.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2013, 04:59:17 pm »

((Got it. So I have a short range weapon, a long range weapon, A long range special, a healing special and a short range special. All good!))
This is a blank sig.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »

Zenni readied his jian to defend himself if the captain went after him, with more emphasis on avoiding his attacks knowing that his allies could now help him
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »

Ah, then I can go with the original idea I had.

Spoiler:  Killer Hornet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:21:20 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14