Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll to Pierce the Heavens!  (Read 20449 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pierce the Heavens!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:06 pm »

Well, is there anyone with actual squad tactic skills? I myself only have the grasp of two tactics, and they only work for armies.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:20 pm »

I'll throw myself at a subleader position. I'm pretty good with tactical decisions, but they're not always non-suicidal, so I don't want to be the main guy. Still, if I say something that isn't likely to get us all shot to pieces, it's probably tactically sound.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 08:17:30 pm »

Psh, leaders!  We're a ragtag mob of cowboys/girls!

Speaking of gender, since said option wasn't specified in the signup sheet, we're all actually genderless.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 08:27:39 pm »

We are all robots.

>>run killbeastmen.exe
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 08:33:46 pm »

Well, both sides had a hiearchy, really. The humans had a basic "core unit" above others, while the Beastmen originally had a leader, four generals, their personal squads, then a bunch of others, plus some random "I gots a mech" units.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 08:34:27 pm »

Oh noez, without genders we can't reproduce, and if we are incapable of reproduction we have no spiral power!
It's FEF, not FEOF

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 08:36:14 pm »

We breed through spores, and every member of the race capable of child-birth. More efficient.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 08:39:23 pm »

'Stop having fun, guys' time. Let's not bog the next fifty posts or so down with pointless blather. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 08:41:31 pm »

but but but but but BLATHER!

I'm just bored, and talking. Also, BLATHER. BLATHER BLATHER BLATHERBLATHERBLATHER

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 08:47:42 pm »

'Stop having fun, guys' time. Let's not bog the next fifty posts or so down with pointless blather. :P
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 11:40:40 am »

Prologue: Turn 0
Preparations are Essential, Right Now!

MC tensely chewed his cigar as he surveyed the Beastman camp through his night vision goggles. "MC" was not his given name, of course, nor was "Mission Control"; both were nicknames bestowed by his men. He shook his head in disgust at the state of the enemy defenses- no barbed wire, no turrets, a sleepy night watch composed of a few wandering Beastmen loosely carrying an odd assortment of weapons. Four collapsible watch towers surrounded the camp, spotlights probing the night. The Beastmen were arrogant, even with their Ganmen- it would be child's play to kill a couple dozen and fade away into the night.

MC had bigger plans in mind, however.

Beyond the pickets the Beastman camp was lost in shadow, a great cluster of tents, parked vehicles of strange design, and large stockpiles of unknown content. At the heart of it all was the hanger, a huge metal structure built to house the Ganmen, their pilots, and their commanders. MC did not know what made the Beastmen decide to place the hanger here, but every day they sallied forth to destroy villages, hunt refugees and smash resistance groups, and every night they returned here to rest before doing it all again the next day.

They weren't going to get a "next day" this time.

MC flicked his comm on. "All squads, report in."

Slinger checked to make sure everyone had made it to the rendezvous point safely before examining the path before him. Spotlights from the North and West towers lazily played over the plains, but were unable to penetrate the underbrush that grew right up to the guards. Unfortunately, he could pick out half a dozen guards waiting just beyond.

He tapped his earpiece. "Team Alpha, positioned to the Northwest."

'Slinger' Marco Kelarn, Dual Pistols
'Deadman' Scott Dudman, Shotgun
Remy 'Nitro' Maelle, Drill
Charles Sauk, Crowbar

Toaster spat, looking at the flat, empty plain between himself and the Beastman camp. Bare dirt and rocks, no cover to speak of. That was probably the reason the guard was lightest here, but he'd bet anything that the guards in the North and East towers had sniper rifles just looking for a target.

"Beta here, ready to roll from the Northeast."

'Toaster' Tim Duncan, Rocklet Rifle
Grave Longdam, Halberd
Marcus 'Chewtoy' Phillips, Fire and Explosives

Gale peered toward the Beastman base. There wasn't much cover here, but the ground was uneven, providing small ridges to hide behind if a roving spotlight came too near. A few guards stood laughing loudly near some kind of truck.

"Team Charlie is in position. Ready to attack from the Southeast."

'Gale' Nikolai Fuitera, Spiked Vulcan
'Blade' James Bellman, Sword
Artu Furar, Gunblade

Trisha scowled. She didn't like what she saw one bit. Sparse undergrowth ran right up to the camp, the rock ground providing some little cover from the searchlights shining from the nearby guard towers. Apart from that, however, this side of the camp appeared completely devoid of guards. Defenseless.

Even Beastmen couldn't be that stupid.

Unhappily, she activated her comm unit. "Delta Team, Southwest. Awaiting the signal."

Trisha MacNeill, SCAR-H
'B.A' Darwin A. Sanchez, Sr, Brass Knuckles
Ryan 'Marxist' Wills, Sniper Rifle
Zachary 'Zenni' Johnson, Dual Knives

MC sighed, taking in the sprawling Beastman camp. They could kill three Beastmen for every man lost here and still be eradicated, hardly a bump in the Beastman conquest. It was a suicide raid, plain and simple. But it was better than retreating to some hole in the ground, better than hiding his whole life. Better than his children hiding, and their children.

He turned away from the camp, walking back to the few men and women he had in reserve, none of them trained warriors. He tapped his comm, giving the signal to attack.

"Row, Row, Fight the Power!"

Objective: Secure Ganmen Hanger

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 11:43:48 am »

Final note- I'm going to keep things moving quickly throughout the Prologue, so try to get your actions in within a day of posting.

Final final note- although you are grouped loosely into squads, it is purely for organizational purposes, and is not meant to bestow authority in any way.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 11:50:28 am »

Wait for one of the squads to make a ruckus.

-Grave
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 11:58:19 am »

(Two of the squads need to attack, draw the beastmen out, and withdraw.  Once the beastmen give chase and the base is unguarded, the other two squads should sneak in, locate and hijack the ganmen, then attack the beastmen from behind.  I'd rather do the latter, for obvious reasons.)

Advance cautiously.  Find the heaviest cover I can.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 12:24:21 pm »

Strongly suggest NOT to advance over the uncovered ground until one of the other squads has made contact. Once contact has been made, charge recklessly over the empty space to join battle.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14