Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Roll to Pierce the Heavens!  (Read 20441 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Pierce the Heavens!
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2013, 06:55:39 pm »

Prologue: Turn 10
Gattai Nante Kuso Kurae
Objective: Secure Ganmen Hanger: Complete
Objective: Acquire Ganmen

Action: Get the right way up and urgently get out of the hanger before it turns into an ex hangar, through the wall if needs be with liberal application of plasma.
-snip-

Give the beastman a drill to the face.  Once he's done, turn my attention back to the fight and try to stay out of the way until I get the controls down.
Burst through the hangar, and scream with rage!
-snip-
Launch some bees from The Beehive at Beißen, while avoiding getting too close.
-snip-

Slap him with the flat of mah sword, then bisect him.
Zenni readied his jian to defend himself if the captain went after him, with more emphasis on avoiding his attacks knowing that his allies could now help him
Talk about cutting it close.

"Ow!  Dammit!  I didn't come this far to die now!"

Take the smoke cover as an opportunity to GTFO and get into the hangar after my own Ganmen.

Chewtoy hunches his back against the heat of the hanger as another barrel of fuel sets off a riotous explosion. It's past time to be gone from this place!

Leaping up, he grabs hold of the handles and swings himself up to the chair, grabbing it with his legs. The Ganmen shudders as its mouth closes, energy once more flowing through its body! The dull grey metal of its chest cracks and flashes, reforming into a sleek jet-black surface, the lower body shining like burnished silver! The Silverback roars to life, rolling to its feet and charging for the exit, gigantic fists smashing into the hanger floor!

... Nitro's Ganmen lurches to the side as he dodges the ferret-faced Beastman's slash. The Beastman staggers as the cockpit floor shifts beneath him!

"Your precious Ganmen?  This is my damn ride!"

Releasing the control handles, Nitro draws his drill, a dangerous glint in his eye. He spins it up, ready to strike down his foe- effervescent green energy seems to stream from the Ganmen into the drill, infusing it with killing power! He lunges at the Beastman, ... missing completely and smashing into the mouth of the Ganmen! The jaws pop open, the Ganmen leaning at a crazy angle, and Nitro grabs at a control handle to keep from falling out the mouth!

The Beastman has hold of the other handle, snarling at the human opposite him!

Outside, Captain Big gloats, striding confidently toward his injured foe.

"See? See how your friends have abandoned you? They have run, fleeing to find shelter from my wrath. You alone have stayed, for that, you have my gratitude." His laughing sneer turns to a snarl of rage. "But now, YOU MUST DIE!"

He raises his claymore for the killing blow, but an explosion behind him sends Mörder stumbling! Another hole has been carved in the wall of the hanger by the Silverback's plasma torch, the edges of the metal white-hot! The Silverback strolls into the night to confront the enemy primate, its knuckles pounding craters in the hard earth. Behind the Silverback, another Ganmen crawls from the flames, moving amazingly quickly on six legs that seem to end in impossibly sharp points. The Killer Hornet rears up on two legs, moving so quickly the flames that had burned on its enormous black stinger are snuffed out. Gale's face appears on Captain Big's screen as the insectoid Ganmen points at the Beastman, its plates of black armor bristling to reveal flashes of the brilliant yellow framework beneath.

"Hey, overgrown chimp! No one kills my friends. Today, right here... Today, you will die a warrior, or you will die a coward!"

"Brash words, foolish human, but they won't help your friend! He is FINISHED!" Big shouts, swinging the great sword Beißen up to strike. ... His sword streaks for Zenni's chest, but suddenly clashes into a sword! Captain Big gapes as Zenni forces the sword away with his own jian.

"Impossible!" Captain Big shouts, staring at Zenni over their crossed swords.

"Impossible is not a word we care to use." Zenni quietly replies, wiping blood from his eyes.

Toaster coughs weakly in his smoke-filled crater, feeling at his side. He forces himself to ignore the pain, pressing on the unseen wetness, his fingers sticky with blood. His wound is deep, but doesn't seem to be gushing blood. No ruptured organs. No broken bones.

He still has an objective to complete.

He climbs to his feet, the earth shuddering as Captain Big walks away. He scrabbles at the broken dirt wall of his crater, pulling himself back to the surface, heedless of the sharp rocks and the pain in his side. Taking his best guess, he runs into the smoke bank, hopefully toward the hanger.

... Fortunately, he emerges from the cloaking smoke not far from the hanger entrance. Unfortunately, when he runs inside he is confronted with a solid wall of flame. Peering around for an undamaged Ganmen, he quickly gives that search up as hopeless- all the Ganmen have been consumed by flames, or damaged in the fighting.

Hearing the sounds of fighting intensify behind him, Toaster grits his teeth. If he doesn't have a Ganmen, he can't help his friends. If he doesn't have a Ganmen, he can't fight the Beastmen on their own terms. The broken Ganmen are useless, smashed beyond salvage, but Toaster has seen the intelligence reports from the Vaniri first contact with Beastmen.

The Ganmen were particularly resistant to flame weapons used against them.

Toaster jumps into the fire.

Spoiler: Captain Big (click to show/hide)

Grave Longdam  KIA
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chewtoy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nitro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gale (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zenni (click to show/hide)

SPOILER ALERT TOASTER YOU FIND A GIANT ROBOT! Use the instructions in the OP to etc etc, you're a bright lad, I think you can figure it out with everyone elses example to follow.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:41:12 pm by monk12 »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2013, 07:39:56 pm »

"Never bring a swrod to a fire fight... BRING PLASMA!"

Torch the beastmans ganmen.
This is a blank sig.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2013, 07:57:30 pm »

"Damn you...!"
Climb back into the cockpit, stomp on the beastman's fingers til he lets go of my ride and then finally take back the controls for myself.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2013, 08:01:25 pm »

I push back his sword with mine and kick him into the path of Nitro's attack.

Spoiler: BTW (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:07:36 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »

Charge the Mörder and initiate Six Leg Slam!

You aren't bad at dodging attacks for your size, monkey-boy, but can you handle six at once?"

Spoiler: Fun fact... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:28:36 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:48 pm »

You aren't bad at dodging attacks for your size, monkey-boy, but can you handle six at once?"

Spoiler: Fun fact... (click to show/hide)

When you end up slam dunking an enemy Ganmen's head, this is probably why. I love that meme.

And oh hey I owe Furtuka 1HP since he didn't take damage that turn. Also his speech text is now blue, deal with it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2013, 10:05:11 pm »

Hellish flames greeted Toaster in the hangar.

Burning fuel, debris, bodies, anything that would catch flame; it all burned around him.  The flame consumed all, and it would consume him, if he didn't complete his objective.

There!

Under a roof support, he saw it.  A Ganmen.  The I-beam had knocked it on its side and cracked the top of it, but even among the flame Toaster could see light peeking out of the cockpit.  A piece of sheet metal, already starting to glow, crashed down behind him.  He had to get in quickly.  Sprinting the last few meters, he slid toward the cockpit, slightly cracked open against the floor.  Scorching his hands against the hot metal exterior, Toaster pushed it open, threw in his rifle, and grabbed the controls.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:00 am »

Prologue: Turn 11
Gattai Nante Kuso Kurae
Objective: Acquire Ganmen

I push back his sword with mine and kick him into the path of Nitro's attack.
"Damn you...!"
Climb back into the cockpit, stomp on the beastman's fingers til he lets go of my ride and then finally take back the controls for myself.
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
Torch the beastmans ganmen.
-snip-
Once more attempt to strike down Zenni

Nitro clings desperately to his control handle as the Ganmen staggers drunkenly through the flaming hanger, twisting and jerking from the conflicting inputs. The ferret-faced Beastman swings from his handle, ... catching momentum from an opportune twist of the Ganmen to drive his knife into Nitro's shoulder, twisting it in the wound.

Nitro howls in pain and rage, ... but manages to brace a foot in the jaw of the Ganmen. Quickly, he clambers into the cockpit, slamming his foot on the hand of the Beastman! The Beastman tumbles out of the cockpit, falling into a pool of flaming gasoline, his screams cut off by the closing of the Ganmen's mouth.

Nitro pants, brimming with bloodlust as he asserts control over his Ganmen! The skin of the Ganmen rips and buckles, jutting spikes into the air, seeming almost to writhe like a living flame! The Nitrous Flare sprouts its signature weapons from its wrists, a massive drill and an adjustable machine gun, a brilliant coat of purple paint racing back up the arms and covering the whole body!

Before he can think too much about what he's doing, he grabs the knife and draws it out of his shoulder, tossing it aside. Stepping his Ganmen away from the roaring flames, he rolls his arm- he still has full range of movement in his shoulder, thankfully. Preparing to head out into the fight, he suddenly squints at the hanger door.

Was that Toaster running inside just now?

Hellish flames greeted Toaster in the hangar.

Burning fuel, debris, bodies, anything that would catch flame; it all burned around him.  The flame consumed all, and it would consume him, if he didn't complete his objective.

There!

Under a roof support, he saw it.  A Ganmen.  The I-beam had knocked it on its side and cracked the top of it, but even among the flame Toaster could see light peeking out of the cockpit.  A piece of sheet metal, already starting to glow, crashed down behind him.  He had to get in quickly.  Sprinting the last few meters, he slid toward the cockpit, slightly cracked open against the floor.  Scorching his hands against the hot metal exterior, Toaster pushed it open, threw in his rifle, and grabbed the controls.

The jaws of the Ganmen snap shut as Toaster gapes up through the ceiling, the fog of pain and anger lifting from his eyes. Even as he feels his will and determination flow out into the Ganmen, he can feel strength and purpose flowing back to him, giving him the energy to carry on!

One massive fist punches up through the debris as the Explosive Fist of Vanir rises from the ruins. The formerly scorched and dull Ganmen now gleams with a brilliant red coat chased with gold. Toaster shouts, kicking his way out of the fire and slag, weapons bristling from every joint.

"You alright there, Toaster?"

Toaster blinks as Nitro appears onscreen, then shrugs. "The arms are a bit damaged, but there's no time to worry about that now. We've got a party to attend outside!"

Zenni and Captain Big snarl wordlessly at one another, striving to push their blades home. Suddenly, Zenni sidesteps, his jian guiding Beißen harmlessly to the ground while the Zenagi winds up a roundhouse kick to force the Beastman into the path of the charging humans!

... His foot whistles through empty air!

In a split second that seems to last an hour, Zenni sees Mörder crouched beneath the kick, reaching up with two massive arms to grab his foot. Captain Big bares his teeth in a humorless smile as his fists lock around Zenni's Ganmen, pulling the human off-balance and throwing him to the ground! Zenni's face smashes on the screen of his cockpit as the Zenagi grinds face-first in the dirt!

"Foolish human scum! Who do you take me for? Did you really expect to use my own technique against me!?!" Captain Big shouts, rising to his full height, bringing his claymore behind his head to deliver a decisive blow!

"You aren't bad at dodging attacks for your size, monkey-boy, but can you handle six at once?"

... Captain Big is suddenly immobilized as razor-sharp points pierce his arms, puncture his legs, pinch his sword! Gale quivers with the effort of restraining the powerful Ganmen, feeling his arms scrape on the metal.

"Never bring a sword to a fire fight... BRING PLASMA!"

... Chewtoy skids to a halt scant meters from the grappled Beastman, leveling one thick arm at his foe! His plasma torch flares, ... searing the Ganmen ... but failing to do any structural damage.

"GraaaaaaaaaaaaGGGGHHHH!" With a roar and the horrible scream of tearing metal, Captain Big pulls the Mörder free of the Killer Hornet's deadly grasp!

"How dare you?! I'll strike you down like the vermin you are!"

Captain Big takes one long stride toward the prone and dazed Zenagi, ... and smashes his sword down, driving the human into the dirt! ... Shards of metal fly as the Ganmen twitches beneath the blade, ... its right arm crumpled and broken! Zenni staggers to his feet, his right arm jerking awkwardly as he brings his jian up to defend!

Objective: Acquire Ganmen: Complete
Objective: Eliminate Resistance

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2013, 04:13:58 am »

"Heh...  For fallen friends, for our pillaged world, for wasting too much of our damn time... TAKE THIS!!!"

Run into the fray, Machine Spraying at that damn dirty ape until I get close.  Then, it's Turbo Drill time.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2013, 04:26:28 am »

"This guy isnt taking the hint, is he?"

More plasma
This is a blank sig.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2013, 01:25:34 pm »

You're tough as hell, but I think your muscles have crushed your brain.

Send a flurry of hex-drive punches at Big's cockpit.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »

((That limit break is pretty bangin'.))

"Bastard!  This is OUR land!  OUR home!  You have no right to be here, and we'll kill you and all your scum brethern!"

His right fist clenches.

Fist of Valor, go!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2013, 02:44:16 pm »

Fall back and let the others take him down
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2013, 02:53:10 pm »

((I was going to run a Burst mecha, but... let's see. Condition: If Big is alive after this turn and my next action succeeds, it's fun time at the clown college.))

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »

Prologue: Turn 12
Gattai Nante Kuso Kurae
Objective: Acquire Ganmen: Complete
Objective: Eliminate Resistance

-snip-

Run into the fray, Machine Spraying at that damn dirty ape until I get close.  Then, it's Turbo Drill time.
-snip-

Show Gale my stabs
((That limit break is pretty bangin'.))

-snip-

Fist of Valor, go!
-snip-

More plasma
Send a flurry of hex-drive punches at Big's cockpit.
Fall back and let the others take him down

Captain Big turns his back on Zenni's damaged mech, leveling his sword at the Killer Hornet. "Time to die, human."

Suddenly the wall of the hanger explodes outward as the Nitrous Flare bursts through! The hanger creaks and groans alarmingly, shuddering again as the Explosive Fist of Vanir ignores the perfectly good holes already perforating the wall in favor of punching his own entrance opposite his comrade! The fuel reserves within the hangar detonate, flames spurting from every gash in the abused building, outlining the new combatants!

Captain Big stomps one enormous foot, throwing his arms in the air. "More of you? Ridiculous! This infestation is intolerable!"

Nitro smiles, raising his left arm. The Machine Spray swiftly extends to its full length. "Heh...  For fallen friends, for our pillaged world, for wasting too much of our damn time... TAKE THIS!!!"

The Nitrous Flare dashes forward, the force of its passage carving great gouges in the ground! Nitro raises his machine gun, unleashing a withering hail of bullets on Mörder! ... The wily Beastman leaps to the side, however, then rolls forward as the line of bullets follows his dodge! He comes to his feet directly in front of the charging human, and with one hard strike he grabs the Machine Spray, forcing the arm down into the dirt!

Nitro stares in disbelief into Big's gaping smile. "HAH! See how your pitiful attacks are reflected by the awe-inspiring might of Mörder! Even outnumbered five to one, it can still triumph over your weak mockeries of Ganmen!"

Abruptly, Captain Big yanks the Nitrous Flare forward, pulling himself past the startled Nitro and directly at the Killer Hornet! ... Gale is caught offguard by the surprise maneuver, and the point of the great sword Beißen plants itself in his chest! ... With a great heave, Mörder's arm surges forward, driving the sword into the enemy Ganmen! The Killer Hornet is smashed backward, sent tumbling across the battlefield by the force of the blow! ... Quickly, Gale scrambles upright as best he is able, a gaping hole in his body armor exposing the cockpit!

Toaster clenches one fist as he sees his comrade fall before the Beastman. "Bastard!  This is OUR land!  OUR home!  You have no right to be here, and we'll kill you and all your scum brethren!" Raising his arm, he leans back into a haymaker pose. "FIST OF VALOR, GO!"

Toaster steps forward, delivering a powerful punch to the empty air before him- as his arm reaches full extension, the fist suddenly separates from his Ganmen, falling a short way before loosing a jet of fire, rocketing toward the enemy Ganmen! ... The Fist of Valor flies forward at an incredible speed- at the last moment, Mörder steps to the side, allowing the missile to fly past! The Fist of Valor screams into the sky, looping back to pound its target from above! Seconds from impact, Captain Big backflips away, allowing the missile to bury itself in the earth! The resulting explosion fountains dirt across the battlefield!

"Stupid humans." Captain Big replies, flashing that gaping smile. "This world does not belong to you- it never has, not since the day your ancestors first walked this planet! It is the sole property of the Twisted Emperor, and you are merely squatters."

"This guy isn't taking the hint, is he?" Chewtoy mutters, hauling mightily on his control handles. The Silverback swings one mighty fist, a thin jet of flame primed and ready to go. Captain Big's eyes widen as the dirt settles, revealing the massive Ganmen and its deadly flame pointed directly at him!

... Hot plasma gouts from the Silverback, shrouding Mörder in flames! Chewtoy smirks, bathing the Beastman in plasma before letting the stream die.

"Useless." ... ... Chewtoy gapes as Mörder emerges from the firestorm, seemingly unscathed. "Don't you realize? There is nothing you can do to harm my Mörder."

"You're tough as hell, but I think your muscles have crushed your brain." Gale snarls. Heedless of the damage he's suffered, he charges into melee to exact his revenge!

... Fists fly from every direction as the Hex Drive spins into gear! Dancing backward, Captain Big holds the great sword Beißen by both ends, using it as an impromptu shield! The flurry of fists is fast and furious, but somehow Big diverts each and every strike, attacks that seemed certain suddenly scraping the barest edge of Mörder's armor, where they don't miss entirely. Gale presses forward, trying to close the gap, but is completely unable to get inside Captain Big's guard.

"Zenni! Now! While his back is turned!" Gale shouts.

"Can't fight me one on one, eh?" Captain Big chuckles, grinning evilly. "He knows my sword will be his death. There is no escaping his fate, just as there is no escaping yours!"

Suddenly, Captain Big swings his sword in a broad arc, forcing the Killer Hornet to leap away. The other humans circle around, looking for an opening. Nitro spins his drill. Toaster runs closer, a new fist already replacing his spent missile. Chewtoy knuckle-walks closer, plasma from his fists scorching the earth. The Killer Hornet's fists pump, itching for a target.

Zenni stays back in his battered Zenagi.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14