Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275379 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! The Plot Thickens!
« Reply #2190 on: August 05, 2013, 11:58:20 pm »

Thrown in a fire? 6 months to make.... the one that made 50% of the game pretty damn fun? I'd be raging soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much if I was Wwolin. Even if he is taking a break, that generator was so awesome. Though wonder what kind of stuff yours is gonna pop out. As long of I get my steady supply of lolis that are loot, I'd be satisfied.
I'm glad that you liked it. And yeah, I had sort of a Darth Vader epic "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" moment as it burned. But you can't really stay upset for too long at a party, especially after you win the naming rights to someone's firstborn daughter in a game of blackjack right afterwards.

And what a tragedy that is.

How the heck did it accidentally get thrown into a fire?!?

So I was at an end of the year party, burning all of my old schoolwork. Since I updated the generator whenever I had free time in my engineering class, I had it all in the same binder as my engineering sketches and notes. And when I tossed the binder into the bonfire, the generator burned to a crisp as well.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 05, 2013, 11:59:51 pm »

Ah. Perhaps a poor storage choice.

And, um, congratulations on your win...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:28 am »

win the naming rights to someone's firstborn daughter in a game of blackjack right afterwards.
But what if they have, like, triplet sons. You will feel really stupid for clarifying daughter, won't you?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 06, 2013, 01:18:30 am »

Well, generated something in the currently barebone generator I'm working on. It's a magically floating enchanted fan of badassery that uses aff to attack people with plants and can control raw magic.

Honestly, I expected worse.

EDIT: White people is now an element.

EDIT 2: Negative luck elements. Usually completely useless or stupid. Such as 'self mind readery' or the ability to deal lutefisk as a damage.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:33:51 am by stefmor90 »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 06, 2013, 01:53:31 am »

EDIT: White people is now an element.

Why do I find that hilarious?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 06, 2013, 02:33:58 am »

Okay, generated a new weapon with 2 forced negative elements. It's a magically floating revolver sword with aff abilities that uses badassery to control cake and the terrifying hat disease. Good to see negative luck is working fine. Although, since it has the ability to control the hat disease but not to inflict the hat disease, this effect is nearly useless. Anyways, onto the revolver bit, in which I'll make the shot just a completely random gen. The bullet uses badassery magic which explodes raw flesh all over the target on contact. Nasty.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:56:20 pm by stefmor90 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 06, 2013, 05:47:34 am »

Poor storage choice indeed. Mine is basically identical, including the bit where I write all my ideas down in class. I'd make my own generator but the new one seems to be shaping up nicely. (I regret not reminding you more, but RL happens so I thought it'd be kinda annoying to do so.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:32 pm »

Update 1: Added luck formula, lettuce see what happens with a +50 luck weapon... A mounted autocannon with +10 dex, +10 aff, +5 luk +5 bds, uses endurance magic to control wood, and the gun shoots random living objects, blood, large amounts of beer, gives people the terrifying leg disease, and then proceeds to shoot even MORE beer. There is a large book attached to the side of the autocannon that uses badassery to throw stones and fire, and the book can control lasers. There is a large two handed axe on the other side of the autocannon that uses aff to control time, and when swinging the axe, it throws blood everywhere, and each successful hit gives the owner a free piece of bacon. (Stats are linked with the autocannon)

Nope, nothing wrong here.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 06, 2013, 11:03:36 pm »

mmmm bacon.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: August 06, 2013, 11:15:36 pm »

Does that mean that it it shoots out small animals covered in blood n' beer and have a terrifying leg disease that will infect anyone they touch?

Well small animals since I have no idea what else living objects can be that can fit in an autocannon.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 06, 2013, 11:17:14 pm »

I have no idea what else living objects can be that can fit in an autocannon.
I'd say anything, as long as you tell them to relax their muscles a bit. And don't mind broken bones. Or organs.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 07, 2013, 12:13:27 am »

Does that mean that it it shoots out small animals covered in blood n' beer and have a terrifying leg disease that will infect anyone they touch?

Well small animals since I have no idea what else living objects can be that can fit in an autocannon.

Actually, since the elements are meant to combine, it's essentially tons of beer, various living creatures with a horrible disease, and blood packed into an autocannon round. All that should be known is that it's probably not a good idea to search for the developer of this ammunition.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 07, 2013, 12:54:08 am »

Update 1: Added luck formula, lettuce see what happens with a +50 luck weapon... A mounted autocannon with +10 dex, +10 aff, +5 luk +5 bds, uses endurance magic to control wood, and the gun shoots random living objects, blood, large amounts of beer, gives people the terrifying leg disease, and then proceeds to shoot even MORE beer. There is a large book attached to the side of the autocannon that uses badassery to throw stones and fire, and the book can control lasers. There is a large two handed axe on the other side of the autocannon that uses aff to control time, and when swinging the axe, it throws blood everywhere, and each successful hit gives the owner a free piece of bacon. (Stats are linked with the autocannon)

Nope, nothing wrong here.

Actually, since the elements are meant to combine, it's essentially tons of beer, various living creatures with a horrible disease, and blood packed into an autocannon round. All that should be known is that it's probably not a good idea to search for the developer of this ammunition.
Beer-and-blood-battered live insects with leg infections?

Oh, and um...either tone down the insane results or make them happen at lower Luck, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 07, 2013, 01:04:00 am »

Oh, and um...either tone down the insane results or make them happen at lower Luck, too.
...Why? I doubt many people are going to get to 50 Luck, and it really just makes it all the more worthwhile for the people that do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 07, 2013, 01:17:45 am »

Well, if the rewards at absurd Luck bonuses are singularly insane or inane, that turns people off from the cool stuff.
If the rewards are awesome but not crazy, that's incentive to get high Luck.
If all rewards are crazy, the high-Luck ones become a non-disincentive...and, let's face it, the game would get a lot more zany and fun.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 159