Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275215 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! FACE OFF!
« Reply #1425 on: March 27, 2013, 07:13:47 pm »

I've worked out how the whims of NPCs like the spear-lady will work. It'll be determined by die rolls, but can be modified by actions and the mood and personality of the character. That way, while it will be possible to negotiate with almost anyone, some characters will be more likely to react in certain ways than others, and how you present yourself is kinda important.
I hope I get a magical suit...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:55 pm »

As a side note, if Lucky betrays me and Zardak, murder him along with Ellie mental in the 2nd spell, if he still lives, throw a 1st spell at him.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 27, 2013, 11:04:37 pm »

((Obviously, you're just a magnet for psychotic girls))

((Also, while working on a few special realms for higher end bosses to prevent them from just outright destroying the map with their power, I accidentally made one with my loot generator instead of my alternate realm template. The end result is now called Furyshard Ballroom, and I will warn you that it will be absolutely insane. As in enemies, objects, and even players turning into god-tier bosses at random. If anyone ever locates it, there will be much fun to be had.))
Alternate realm template eh?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure!
« Reply #1428 on: March 29, 2013, 02:50:09 am »

Ok, so it's now spring break, and I have family coming in from places I didn't even know I had family. Updates this week will probably be pretty irregular, if at all. Now I have to deal with the amalgam of people with accents coming to my door and making themselves at home. And some of them came from as far away as Romania! When it's 3 in the morning and a man with a god-tier mustache who talks like Dracula shows up at my door and claims to be my something-and-such uncle Bogdan, it's the start of an interesting week...
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 29, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »

Oh, did you have today off too?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 29, 2013, 10:43:31 pm »

"Distraction. Right.... Distraction...."

Run at the person I'm supposed to distract with the nearest sharp/blunt object I can find and tackle whoever, followed by stabbing/smashing them with the objects. Its distracting, right?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 30, 2013, 12:59:12 pm »

Could I spawn now?

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 30, 2013, 02:39:29 pm »

Could I spawn now?
You spawned during this turn.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 31, 2013, 10:43:54 am »

oh fuck! a deck of many things!

I consult with Osborn as what to do with it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 31, 2013, 06:31:28 pm »

Maybe play Go Fish? Or something. What better way to discover what the deck does than to have a losing hand interrupted by it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 01, 2013, 08:17:04 pm »

Eeeeeeeeeeh, no. I figure there might be some info on them in the book, at least they might be connected. either way. I'm gonna be more careful then normal with this thing, I dont want to draw the Apocalypse card unwittingly 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 02, 2013, 02:09:03 am »

Ok, so it's now spring break, and I have family coming in from places I didn't even know I had family. Updates this week will probably be pretty irregular, if at all. Now I have to deal with the amalgam of people with accents coming to my door and making themselves at home. And some of them came from as far away as Romania! When it's 3 in the morning and a man with a god-tier mustache who talks like Dracula shows up at my door and claims to be my something-and-such uncle Bogdan, it's the start of an interesting week...
Huh. Sounds ... fun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 02, 2013, 10:36:09 am »

Well, my Spring Break just ended. In other words, UPDATES FOR EVERYONE! And a couple new RTDs from me.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! BACK IN ACTION!
« Reply #1438 on: April 05, 2013, 02:00:28 am »

"Ah, finally a worthy challenger has arrived! Gah- put me down, you buffoon!"

As soon as Rambo lets him down,

"Listen up, Team Evil Badass, it's action time. To start off with, Aurwyn, I need you to hit her as hard as you can to soften her up. Aurwyn's friend, please stay out of the way of combat; I'm afraid if you died the slight grief it would cause her could negatively impact Aurwyn's work.

"Once Aurwyn finished, I'll come in and skewer Spear Bitch her like a pig. Minion, not that I'll need it, but at this time, just to make yourself somewhat useful, I'd like you to provide some sort of distraction to throw her off her game.

Then you, Mr. Mage, sir, (I'm sorry, I haven't caught your name yet) if at any point she looks like she's about to execute a counterattack, I want you to do your worst."

Zardak is about to stab a bitch, and he's called out a plan of action that may or may not get followed.
"Hm.... follow the annoying overlord wannabe's surprising good sounding plan, or blow him off and do my own thing....." Evil Lucky says loud enough for Zardak to hear. Then he yells out, "Mrs. Wonderfully Phychopathic Spear Lady, if you promise not to kill me I'll be your personal underling! I love too follow a lady with as wonderful of a face as you!~ If not then I'll have to follow this guy's plan and horribly, but joyfully, murder you!~"

Attempt to join up with Spear Girl. If she let's me join her, have Aurwyn gravity death Zardak and I'll use my watch on Osborn. If my watch succeeds, test out my new hat powers on him and if that doesn't do anything steal his book while he's slowed down and use the meteor spell on him after backing away from him.

If she still plans to kill me or doesn't seem like she's interested in a new underling, follow Zardak's plan while using my watch on her.

((I should probably put that in PM form but.... whatever. You wanted a Starscream in your group, well you have him right here. Though The only times I'm gonna try to betray you is when be I'm able to survive is easily without being in your group. Like here... then again it's questionable whether or not I should even trust her... but it'll be more fun with her then your character.))
"All right, pike dude, but first things first,"

PICK UP MY BOOK!

"Ah, finally! Oh, right, time to have some fun!"

Cast fifth spell, become angel of death, respectfully deny pike guy's orders to wait, begin attack the moment Aurwyn is out of range ((Osborn really likes her because she got his book back in a cruel way. That's how you get on his good side, which is not killing you.)) Cast spells on crazy girl in this order: 2nd, 1st, 4th, 1st.

((also, my armor should make me super heat resistant, or at least it has.))
"Distraction. Right.... Distraction...."

Run at the person I'm supposed to distract with the nearest sharp/blunt object I can find and tackle whoever, followed by stabbing/smashing them with the objects. Its distracting, right?
(Ellie-Mental whimsy: Minor success) It's a very long and complicated string of rolls, but you've changed her target to Zardak

(Zardak dex: 6-1)
(Lucky dex: 4-1)
(Aurwyn dex: 4-6) I love how everyone is waiting for the mighty glacier to make the first move. I'm just picturing everyone standing around discussing their various evil deeds while they wait for her.
(Osborn dex: 3)
(Rambo dex: 2-1)
(Ellie-Mental dex: 6+3)

(Ellie-Mental aff: 2+4)
(Ellie-Mental dex: 1+3)
(Zardak dex: 5-1)
(Zardak end: 2+2)

(Lucky aff: 3-1)

(Aurwyn aff: 5+2)
(Ellie-Mental str: (1+2)*2)

(Aurwyn str: 6+2)
(Ellie-Mental end: (2+1)*2)

(Rambo dex: 6-1)
(Ellie-Mental dex: (6+3-3)*2)

(Zardak dex: 4-1-2)
(Ellie-Mental dex: (4+3-3)*2)

(Book aff: 2+4)

As Lucky puts on his game face and begins to grovel, his attacker grins even wider, before using her spear to pole-vault over him and body-slam Zardak. Both her robes and the warlord's armor are damaged by a burst of intense light and heat, but unlike the armor, the robes immediately mend themselves before turning into what can only be described as a raiment composed of pure magic, complete with a set of six glowing red wings. She laughs and raises her spear again, only to receive a nasty punch to the gut from Aurwyn, causing her to double over in pain. Rambo sees this as the perfect time to chuck a cabbage at her, but a tendril of red flies from one of the wings and turns the offending vegetable into a cloud of dust. Zardak tries his luck with his spear as well, but the girl's spear flies from her hand as if possessed by some unseen force and deftly parries the blow. Finally, Osborn gives an evil chuckle and reads off the fifth spell from his book. As a pair of black flaming wings sprouts from his armor, a portion of his book melds itself into a speaker and plays a strange song. He then tries to read off the second spell, but it seems he needs to recharge before doing anything.

oh fuck! a deck of many things!

I consult with Osborn as what to do with it.

You rush over to the foot of the mountain, and see Osborn and his team higher up, locked in combat with a magical spearwoman. You don't think that even he would know what to do with the cards though...

First vehicle! Woot.

Head east to explore.

You head to the east, and come across a strange sight. It seems to be a Greco-Roman style temple, but made entirely out of steel. As you marvel at the outside of the structure, the black clouds you saw earlier move over your head, and a fierce thunderstorm begins.

"did we leave the others behind?"

To the hills

((how the hell are we even having a conversation while she's charging us so technically we're in a middle of a fight?))
She's a fair distance off still...

-----

"did we leave the others behind?"

To the hills
"I do believe so. Meh."

Head to the hills. If any hostiles are sighted, swing/drop the sword at 'em.

The two of you head into the cold hills, and after a short while, you come across what seems to be a burrow dug into one of the hills. Despite the thin layer of frost forming on your clothes in the frigid air, the burrow seems quite warm, and you can smell both the scent of freshly baked bread and roast meat wafting from inside.

Charge after friends while trying to figure out the heart.
(B0B aff: 6+6)

You rush after your allies, and try to manipulate the floating heart. With a little bit of effort, you can make it change shape, causing it to open up and grow a set of piranha-like teeth. It swims circles around you and your team, before giving a slight yip and darting down the burrow.

Hmm... What do I do now? Now that I'm actually here after all of the paperwork and talking, this place seems awfully... Boring.
She stops when she sees her plane.
Oh my gosh! A plane! This is great! I've wanted a plane for ever! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!
She squeals in excitement and hops in, flying around the starting crater. She tries to see what she can see from her new vantage point. She shoots anyone who attacks her with her minigun.
RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
RAGESON ATTEMPTS TO ACTIVATE THE STONE, TRYING TO KILL THE PERSON CLOSEST TO HIM

RAGESON AVOIDS HARMING HIMSELF WHILE DOING SO, AND REQUESTS POLITELY THAT WWOLIN UPDATE THE CHARACTER LIST WHEN HE HAS TIME
(Genius dex: 1+3)
(Rageson dex: 5)

(Rageson aff: 5+6)
(Rageson dex: 5)
(Genius dex: 6+3)

(Genius dex: 3+3)
(Rageson dex: 3)
(Rageson end: 5)

As the Village Genius fires up her plane, Rageson roars violently and focuses on his stone, causing a sizzling burst of molten blue glass to fly towards the plane. Fortunately for Genius, her plane starts up just moments before the projectile would have hit, and she manages to avoid being hit as she climbs skywards. After gaining sufficient altitude, she turns back towards Rageson, and lets loose with a burst of icicles from the machine gun. Several of the icy bullets dig into his back, but they don't seem to hit anything vital.

Alena is about to go over to investigate where the beetle's going, but suddenly sees someone who feels familiar show up in the nearby crater. And with a Biplane no less. She decides to go over and investigate THAT, then see if she can't hitch a ride and investigate the steam.

You rush to the center crater just in time to see the plane take off after dodging a massive blast of molten glass. Maybe you could help clear things out so that she can land...

SQUITANGE THE TINKERER SPAWNS IN THE CRATER!
(Squitange luk: -6-6)

Squitange's waiver becomes what seems to be an ordinary sheet of paper. But it can't be trusted. No no no, definitely cannot be trusted...
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! BACK IN ACTION!
« Reply #1439 on: April 05, 2013, 02:11:14 am »

"Let go."

Advance carefully.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159