Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275185 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! BOSS BATTLE!
« Reply #1395 on: March 25, 2013, 05:51:30 pm »

Don't forget androids with experimental parts they don't even know about, and the groups of people, and god-knows-what-else...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:13 pm »

Man... I should destroy a map or two as well so I can get a song!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 25, 2013, 06:07:09 pm »

Don't forget androids with experimental parts they don't even know about,

HOHOHOHO~?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:56 pm »

EDIT: Considering the amount of magical girls and tentacle monsters in this game, fanworks are probably something that I should fear...
Ooh...

Oh, and why can't Arthur get a theme song? You know, as the last of the first batch of characters to live?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 25, 2013, 07:05:20 pm »

Because he didn't do anything cool except he killed a electrical werewolf while being crippled with nothing but a plastic spike taped to a throwing butter knife... ok that was cool.

Um... I am thinking of the right character, right?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 25, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »

Yup.

And he survived the killing of nearly all his allies, and managed to survive a while despite a completely terrible selection of loot, including a BB gun destroyed by his friend, AND the fact that this is a rather deadly game.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! FACE-OFF!
« Reply #1401 on: March 26, 2013, 11:28:18 pm »

Try to persuade the friendlies to form a large ADVENTURE Team! Oh, and see what my bug can do without hurting them.

((Also, hey look, a boss. Not like we care if the guy fighting it dies.))

Your bug doesn't seem to be doing much, except for flying towards a mountain to the southeast. There seems to be a large column of steam drifting away from the peak...

Hold out my hand as a welcoming gesture to the giraffe. But not the man. Only the giraffe. then press random organ buttons until giraffe man explodes.
(Yukkuri dex: 3-1)
(Richard dex: 1+2+2)

(Richard dex: 4+2)
(Yukkuri dex: 2-1)
(Yukkuri end: 2+3)
(Yukkuri bad: 3+4)

(Yukkuri bad: 2+4)
(Yukkuri dex: 1-1)
(Richard dex: 4+2+2)

You extend your hand in welcome as the giraffe bears down upon you, but the beast pays no attention to your gesture, and the rider fires his clockwork gun, sending a brass shell flying straight at your face. It smashes through the cockpit, causing several minor lacerations to your face as glass shards fly everywhere before it begins to leak a thick purple smoke, which mixes with an oily white mist spraying from some of the pipes in your mech. Gagging slightly, you manage to hurl the poisonous projectile out of your mech before going on the offensive, but try as you might, you simply can't get a lock on the man.

(Craig dex: 4*2)
(Richard dex: 1+2+2)
(Craig str: 6+2)
(Richard end: 5+1)

As the giraffe cavalier reloads, the ground beneath him seems to crack open, revealing an expertly hidden pitfall trap. As the man's mount stumbles and tries to avoid the hole, a man in a brown leather duster leaps out of the hole and climbs up its leg, before driving a serrated Bowie knife through the rider's left shoulder. Both men tumble to the ground as the giraffe flees towards the riverbank, and after a brief scuffle the man in purple surrenders, just before the newcomer knocks him out with a punch in the face and turns to you. "Ma'am, has anyone ever told you that you make darn good bait? I'd been waiting in that pitfall for hours, hoping just to bag one or two soldiers, and here you are, luring goddamned Richard Crowe into it. Those damned purples and their damned "democracy" will be gone in no time if we keep this up! And would you look at that! They're already retreating! Well, how about we go and see if someone back at Dog's Hall can patch up that pretty face of yours, and take this bastard back for some good old fashioned interrogation. Oh, by the way, the name's Craig. Or at least, that's what my folks named me. 'Round here, everyone just calls me Stalker, 'cause I'm always sneaking around."

"Critical damage detected.
Register: Fear.
Action: Flee."
Quickly attempt to splash some of the molten metal off of my arm and into her, then roll down the mountain.
(Scyrothe dex: 2+2)
(Ellie-Mental dex: 4+3)

(Ellie mental aff: 11+4)
(Ellie mental dex: 2+3)
(Scyrothe dex: 2+2)
(Scyrothe end: 6+2)

With a lunatic grin, the girl hurls her spear at you, but it merely explodes into a storm of dry leaves as it crashes into your back. You think for a moment that you might be able to escape this joke of an attack, but the leaves suddenly burst into flame, engulfing you in a storm of hellfire. You can feel yourself melting into a puddle of metal as the heat intensifies, and your processor becomes less and less structurally intact, until POOF! Your last recognizable sensation is the heat resistant alloys on your CPU turning into a soft goo in the heat.

SCYROTHE IS DEAD!

DEEPER INTO THE MOUNTAINS! oh and cast the newest spell at osborn and team evil... that should help... maybe...
"Hey don't ignore me!" Evil Lucky yells at Overlord Zardak who is running in some direction. He turns to to Aurwyn and says "Make a mental note of the most entertaining way to execute him... just in case. Anyways let's just follow him for now."

Follow Zardak and if I see the book thief, tell Aurwyn to execute him as she sees fit before attempting to use my watch on him again.
((Oh, right... I guess I should say this))

SECRET PM STUFF!!!... sent a while ago...
(Jim dex: 2+3)
(Lucky dex: 2-1)
(Aurwyn dex: 4-6)
(Osborn dex: 6)

(Book aff: 1+4)
(Osborn bad: 1+5)
(Jim dex: 2+3)

(Jim bad: 6+3)
(Book aff: 3+4)
(Jim bad: 2+3)
(Jim end: 5+3)

(Lucky aff: 1-1)
(Lucky bad: 6-1)

(Aurwyn aff: 4+2)
(Jim str: 2+3)
(Aurwyn str: 6+2)
(Jim end: 2+3)

Jim opens the book as he runs deeper into the mountains, but Osborn manages to read off an incantation before Jim can. The mad mage immediately appears right next to Jim, who spins away from the burst of flame that appears a moment later before reading the newest spell. A pair of flaming black angel wings sprout from his back, the ambient heat charring a portion of his skin, but not enough to cause any lasting damage... yet. Meanwhile, Evil Lucky points his ring at Jim again, but the spell fails horribly, and he looks on in surprise as even Aurwyn outpaces him as she marches towards Jim. As she approaches, Jim is suddenly brought to the ground by a crushing amount of weight, and is held in place by the intense gravity as Aurwyn daintily steps onto his back. Of course, with gravity being thirty times its normal force, the bone is completely crushed to powder beneath the tiny golden boot. Grinning, she continues to step delicately up his back, making sure to crush each individual vertebra under her heels until he stops trying to squirm. "I'd give you a last word, but I think your vocal chords are part of my new red BOOTS," she says, gesturing towards her bloodstained feet before driving one through the back of his skull.

JIM IS DEAD!
(Lucky luk: 2+5)

As Aurwyn walks back to Lucky's side, a triangular black hat with a long white bird feather falls from the sky and lands at their feet. Before Lucky can move to pick up this new treasure however, a cloud of ashes sweeps over a nearby ridge, followed by a young woman in orange and red robes carrying an absurdly large spear. As she catches sight of Lucky, Arwyn, and Osborn, her face practically lights up with lunatic joy, and her clothes are replaced with what seems to be a fabric woven out of solid light and heat. She looks over the group for a moment, before winking at Lucky and charging at him, holding her spear like a greatsword behind her as she prepares to swing.

"Well, it's not like I need treasure to kick ass anyway."

He sees his teammates chasing after Jim.

"Hey, where do you idiots think you're going? Wait for your illustrious leader!" He turns back towards Rambo "Come, thrall, I don't want anyone killing you in my absence. And bring some cabbages with you."

Zardak chases after the rest of Team Evil Badasses.

You follow your team, and show up just as some crazy bitch in semi-translucent glowing robes with a huge spear starts to charge at Lucky.

"Yep. Cabbages, follow you. Uh-huh."

Follow the cabbages, pick up Zardak. Or whatever his name is.

You kick a cabbage up the mountains like a soccer ball, and pick Zardak up onto your shoulders when you reach him.

Curiously examine gun, pointing it away from everyone, and looking down the sights. If safety is on, flick it off.
Activating combat control systems... Applying servo input filters... Reading current conditions... render test fire y/n
Test fire gun once, pulling the trigger and holding it for roughly a second or two, then releasing it.

ALGEM's eyes glow red momentarily as she blabbers in something close to translated machine code. Note that the above is paraphrased, as the rest was nonsensical jabbering about variables and universal variables and the environmental variables. Despite the sudden seeming insanity she seems the same as ever, and as soon as she test-fires the gun her eyes revert back to their normal soft green glow.

You reach to flip the safety off before realizing that the gun actually doesn't have one. Upon pulling the trigger, a slow moving orb of light is emitted from the barrel, accelerating faster and faster until it zooms off into the distance as a glowing stream.

Look around.

"What now?"
"The same thing we do everynight Charlie, try to take over the world Go looking for loot."

Explore
Look around.

"What now?"
"The same thing we do everynight Charlie, try to take over the world Go looking for loot."

Explore
"We haven't been together that long, and it's daytime, but okay."
Explore sunward. Or antisunward if sunward brings us towards the battle again.

The two of you walk westwards, following the sun until you come to what appears to be a snow covered stretch of plains at the base of a mountain to the north of it. You can see a forest of dense trees on the other side, as well as some cold looking hills to the south of it.

Okayyy......
well, as long as it wont kill us all...
speaking of testing weapons...

Move off to one side about 40 feet away from others. test pipe. then (if living/mobile) return to others (if not dead.)
(B0B aff: 5+6)
(B0B aff: 5+6)

You give your pipe an experimental puff, releasing a cloud of red smoke which solidifies into a beating heart. As you remove the end of your pipe from your mouth, the heart floats into the air and seems to follow your hand as you move it about.

GENIUS AND RAGESON SPAWN!
(Genius luk: 6+6)

As the Village Genius appears in the scorched crater, her waiver transforms into a blue two-seater biplane, with a rotating minigun attached to the propeller, and several magical-looking bombs rolling around on the inside. Good thing you've read all of those books on flying, right?

(Rageson luk: 2+6)

Rageson's waiver becomes a fist sized stone crackling with pure magical energy. It constantly shifts colors, ranging from a fierce electric blue to a rusty orange.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! FACE OFF!
« Reply #1402 on: March 26, 2013, 11:32:08 pm »

So, my buddy working on the song hasn't been able to be online in a while, but he'll have the song up as soon as he can. I've had the privilege of listening to it, and it definitely fits Osborn well. It's got this overblown, almost comically evil feel to it, which just makes me want to scream "FUSION POWERS ACTIVATE!"

And I'll update the character list tomorrow, but right now I have a paper to write...

Oh, and I'd like to take a moment to thank everybody who has voted for this in the Hall of Fame. You guys are awesome!!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:36:57 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 26, 2013, 11:38:21 pm »

Alena is about to go over to investigate where the beetle's going, but suddenly sees someone who feels familiar show up in the nearby crater. And with a Biplane no less. She decides to go over and investigate THAT, then see if she can't hitch a ride and investigate the steam.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 26, 2013, 11:46:33 pm »

Eh........ GYHAAAAAAAAAAA Yukkuri states as she pulls a glass shard out of her face, examining her reflection.
My reflection is HIDEOUS
With a rather grumpy appearance on her face, Yukkuri places the glass shard back into the section it was on her face.
Putting on a very peculiar smirk, quite identical to the one on my user portrait, Yukkuri presses the buttons on the machine very much hoping to find the makeup button.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:14:16 am by stefmor90 »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 27, 2013, 12:20:20 am »

((Ah shit.... the crazy boss had to come after me... well looks like her dex is as good as mine atleast... unless she got loot too from killing that guy that gave her a DEX boost... especially if it's made of light...))

"Ah... what a beautifully demented face.... er... wait.... is she trying to kill me?" Evil Lucky asks while leaning his head to the side.
"That what it appears to be, MASTER," Aurwyn replies back. ((Hope I'm doing her speech quirk right lol))
"Ah such a waste to kill her... I bet she's just as wonderful as you... fate is cruel indeed.... oh well! Aurwyn is enough for me! Hey Aurwyn, I'm gonna try out my new hat on her since this watch sucks. If I fail, gravity crush her to death. I wanna see what happens when someone dies from their own weight!" Says as he goes from depressed to cruel excitement in an instant.

Grab my new hat and try using what ever powers it holds. If I'm too slow or it's powers aren't offensive or I just outright fail, have Aurwyn gravity crush Spear Lady to death. If the hat powers are automactic and doesn't require a turn, use my watch on the Spear Lady. Third time's the charm!

If she lives and I'm still alive, Try to talk to her and see if she wants to join us since her face was such a wonderful sight to see. Or maybe even join her since I rather be a beautifully crazy girl's underling rather then a some annoying guy's underling.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 27, 2013, 12:33:47 am »

((Obviously, you're just a magnet for psychotic girls))

((Also, while working on a few special realms for higher end bosses to prevent them from just outright destroying the map with their power, I accidentally made one with my loot generator instead of my alternate realm template. The end result is now called Furyshard Ballroom, and I will warn you that it will be absolutely insane. As in enemies, objects, and even players turning into god-tier bosses at random. If anyone ever locates it, there will be much fun to be had.))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:44:08 am by Wwolin »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 27, 2013, 12:42:48 am »

((Obviously, you're just a magnet for psychotic girls))
((Yes... yes I am! Apparently...

Though what is my chances that she'll join/I can join her if she or I is still alive? I really doubt my plan will work since she seems like "kill everything" kind of girl.

Ah I can imagine it... she decides not to kill me because thinks of me as a too cute to kill small animal and Aurwyn getting jealous because her master paying attention to another crazy girl.... though at the same time that doesn't really seem to fit either one of them. But Aurwyn going yandere for me (as in the kind to not kill the object of their love) would be great for Evil Lucky. He's a sucker for looney girls.))

Edit:

((Also, while working on a few special realms for higher end bosses to prevent them from just outright destroying the map with their power, I accidentally made one with my loot generator instead of my alternate realm template. The end result is now called Furyshard Ballroom, and I will warn you that it will be absolutely insane. As in enemies, objects, and even players turning into god-tier bosses at random. If anyone ever locates it, there will be much fun to be had.))

((I see that as the embodiment of chaos! I love chaos in games! I wanna find it!))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:50:14 am by superBlast »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 27, 2013, 01:13:30 am »

"Ah, finally a worthy challenger has arrived! Gah- put me down, you buffoon!"

As soon as Rambo lets him down,

"Listen up, Team Evil Badass, it's action time. To start off with, Aurwyn, I need you to hit her as hard as you can to soften her up. Aurwyn's friend, please stay out of the way of combat; I'm afraid if you died the slight grief it would cause her could negatively impact Aurwyn's work.

"Once Aurwyn finished, I'll come in and skewer Spear Bitch her like a pig. Minion, not that I'll need it, but at this time, just to make yourself somewhat useful, I'd like you to provide some sort of distraction to throw her off her game.

Then you, Mr. Mage, sir, (I'm sorry, I haven't caught your name yet) if at any point she looks like she's about to execute a counterattack, I want you to do your worst."

Zardak is about to stab a bitch, and he's called out a plan of action that may or may not get followed.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:16:08 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 27, 2013, 01:15:42 am »

well i knew that was coming, simply too many people to fight off.. especially when aurwyn doesn't have to even aim..

Name: Rozar
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Dexterity: 4
Affinity: -6
Luck: =
Badassery: -6
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:13:07 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 159