Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275644 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Impending Doom Spell!
« Reply #1110 on: March 10, 2013, 09:11:53 pm »

I order wwolin to stop spawning people with objects thst instantly kill them when used.

Seriously its bullshit, i dont care what happens with kill loot but waivers should be safe to use... or at least safeish.

Yeah, that negative luck item requiring luck was kind of a bullshit death. I'm working out a system on how negative luck stuff should work. Currently, it just chooses a random stat for you to resist. You guys assumed it was badassery because two badassery items spawned in a row, but it can be anything. I've already removed the catch 22 "negative luck item requires positive luck" from it, but I'm debating whether it should be fixed on badassery or using any of the five remaining stats.

Feel free to suggest anything.

And I'll work out some way to compensate for your death Pariah. Probably just put you in the game immediately instead of waitlisting.

How about rolling effects on the same table you do now, but whatever you roll, you apply the opposite.

With some bending, of course.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »

I order wwolin to stop spawning people with objects thst instantly kill them when used.

Seriously its bullshit, i dont care what happens with kill loot but waivers should be safe to use... or at least safeish.

Yeah, that negative luck item requiring luck was kind of a bullshit death. I'm working out a system on how negative luck stuff should work. Currently, it just chooses a random stat for you to resist. You guys assumed it was badassery because two badassery items spawned in a row, but it can be anything. I've already removed the catch 22 "negative luck item requires positive luck" from it, but I'm debating whether it should be fixed on badassery or using any of the five remaining stats.

Feel free to suggest anything.

And I'll work out some way to compensate for your death Pariah. Probably just put you in the game immediately instead of waitlisting.

How about rolling effects on the same table you do now, but whatever you roll, you apply the opposite.

With some bending, of course.
That's already kind of what I do for effects. It's resisting them that needs work.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:55 pm »

Id love that :D

Just please... if i get another door... reroll it for me?

Id say that you should probably just tie the cursed items attacks to strength and affinity then use badassery to resist the feedback.

Gah double ninjad
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 10, 2013, 10:02:03 pm »

...I'm debating whether it should be fixed on badassery or using any of the five remaining stats.
Use any of the five other stats.

Badassery seems like something that should be an additional modifier rather than a standalone stat, but it's your game.

...So there's going to be one more person in the arena?
Yippe!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 10, 2013, 10:09:58 pm »

...I'm debating whether it should be fixed on badassery or using any of the five remaining stats.
Use any of the five other stats.

Badassery seems like something that should be an additional modifier rather than a standalone stat, but it's your game.

...So there's going to be one more person in the arena?
Yippe!

is the strongest number, so it is the number of players we shall now have.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 10, 2013, 10:24:23 pm »

7 is stronger than 9.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Captain Average looks at the man standing next to him.  "What, for free?  I totally wasn't going to crotch bat you or anything..."

Take the weapon and experiment with it.  If it's really a trick, whack him in the crotch with the bat and disarm him anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 10, 2013, 10:30:50 pm »

7 is stronger than ⑨.

Aha, but here's where it gets fun
7*⑨=63
6+3=⑨
⑨ shall consume all

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:24 pm »

Any 1 digit number, as well as 10, equals a number whose digits add up to nine.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 11, 2013, 12:25:24 am »

Either way, only one more guy needs to die before Hannibal Lecter Gibson can enter the arena.
With +6 Luck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 11, 2013, 06:51:36 am »

So for negative luck weapons, maybe keeping it to badassery or dexterity and infinity would be better.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 11, 2013, 07:55:48 am »

So for negative luck weapons, maybe keeping it to badassery or dexterity and infinity would be better.
SHH! DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE INFINITY STAT IN PUBLIC! REMOVE THIS AT ONCE, LEST THE GREAT TOAD DOTH COME AND FELL US ALL WITH ONE GREAT SWIPE OF HIS BAN-HAMMER!

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 11, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »

Waitlist please?
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 11, 2013, 02:08:59 pm »

Hey, Unholy, I'm gonna avoid giving you another one turn death by bringing you in AFTER the meteor hits. Because spawning you in with a potentially map-destroying attack about to hit and no time to plan how to defend yourself from it seems kinda unfair.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 11, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »

((clarified PM slightly, just to make sure you realize.))

((also:
potentially map-destroying attack
Is everyone dying actually a possibility? I thought I was joking  :o))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 11, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »

Hey, Unholy, I'm gonna avoid giving you another one turn death by bringing you in AFTER the meteor hits. Because spawning you in with a potentially map-destroying attack about to hit and no time to plan how to defend yourself from it seems kinda unfair.

Map destroying? Does that mean everyone dying? if so then, yaaaay! My wait time will be short and the reign of Evil Lucky will begin!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 159