Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275010 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Alas, poor Hellhound
« Reply #420 on: February 10, 2013, 01:45:52 pm »

Hast thou seen my character, Wwolin?
Yeah, I just haven't updated the waitlist yet. I'll get that now.
Okay!
Now to jinx everyone else.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 10, 2013, 03:37:28 pm »

"Hey, John, want to be a test subject?"

Before he can respond, reposition the portals to be under John and in some wall, hopefully near the ground. Observe results.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2013, 12:38:50 am »

Attack the guy the angel belongs to. Preferably by crushing him...
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Welcome to the Jungle!
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2013, 01:10:11 am »

Razdak attempts to use his flower staff to create a tower made of trees or grass.
(Razdak affinity: 6+5+4) The lowest you could have gotten was a 10 with this staff and your stats. And then you got a total of 15. You possess the first of the game-altering random weapons :)

As you concentrate on making the grass around you grow, the entire battlefield begins to shake. The grass across the pool immediately weaves itself into a massive tower, and trees with multicolored fruits grow along the inside to serve as supports. You look on in awe at your creation before you feel another tremor, this one far larger than the first. Small green shoots emerge from the ground across the entire surface of the arena, and before you can react, they have grown into trees the size of redwoods, as well as patches of grass tall enough for elephants to hide in. The air becomes filled with a sweet scent as innumerable flowers sprout from the ground. You consider the possibility that you might have overdone it a bit, before realizing that you've actually overdone it a lot.

((Holy crap that went almost perfectly! I freakin' stole the ax! I was almost expecting something bad to happen with my -1 in almost all my stats lol))

Lucky was in shock of what happened. He just sidestepped a giant's fist, a random spikes shoot comes out of the ground and impales the giant's hand, then he tackled a crazy ax guy, stole his ax, and then he ran away from me. If that's not lucky then he has no idea what is. Though his luck isn't perfect... Lilia is badly hurt. He runs up to Lilia and tries to figure out what to do to help her. Thoughts race through his mind before an idea pops into his head. She can turn into water right? Maybe some water can heal her! With that thought in mind, he picks up Lilia and runs toward the nearby river, hoping his idea will work.
'She can't die yet!' Lucky yells in his head, 'I have something I have to tell her!'

Pick up Lilia and run like hell to the river. Then put her in the river in an attempt to heal her. If someone attacks me, and is within range, counter them with my newly stolen ax.
Attack the guy the angel belongs to. Preferably by crushing him...
(Lucky dexterity: 5-1)
(Perrin dexterity: 1+1+1)

(Lilia endurance: 3+2)
(Lucky luck: 2+5)

(Perrin dexterity: 4+1)
(Perrin strength: 6+1-1)
(Perrin affinity: 2)
(Lucky dexterity: 1-1)
(Lilia dexterity: 6)
(Lilia affinity: 3)
(Lilia endurance: 5+2)

Lucky makes his way to the stream as fast as he can, which isn't very fast at all with Lilia weighing him down. He submerges her in the water, and her eyes immediately snap open, and she floats into the air, yawning. "You didn't have to wake me up, you know. I was having this crazy dream, where I was struck by lightning and you were carrying me to safety." She then looks down at her torn and soaked clothes, and blushes slightly. "Oh... so I guess it wasn't a dream after all. It looks like you're a better guardian than I am, too. Well, things could be worse. I could be dead right now. Or wearing a white dress... LOOK OUT!" Lilia pushes Lucky out of the way as a foot twice the size of a car slams into the ground. The attack that would have crushed Lucky smashes Lilia instead, instantly shattering her magical barrier like a snowglobe. However, she doesn't seem to be hurt at all, despite the immense amount of force behind Perrin's stomp. As she and Lucky pick themselves up off the ground, the grass in the area rapidly grows to the size of small trees, providing a little bit of cover from the giant's onslaught.

Play around with the iron spikes and heart, see what they do. Wave back(Unless that causes the spike to attack then just nod.)

You give the heart an experimental squeeze, and the spikes move from your head to a tight orbit around your hand. Noticing the other person in the room, you wave to him, and he presses a few buttons on his computer in response.

"Hey, John, want to be a test subject?"

Before he can respond, reposition the portals to be under John and in some wall, hopefully near the ground. Observe results.
(Arthur dexterity: 5+1)
(John dexterity: 1)
(Arthur affinity: 4+1)
(Arthur strength: 3-1)
(John badassery: 4)
(Arthur badassery: 6-1)

As John waves at you, you press a few keys, opening two portals, one beneath John and one by the northern wall. John falls through the portal and pops out on the other side, with grey hair and liverspots. As you prepare to laugh like a mad scientist, the entrance portal gives a violent wooshing sound, and you are sucked directly into it. You fly out of the exit and land beside your test subject, stroking your beard. Beard? Yes, you now possess a rugged beard of the same shade of violet that your hair once was. Maybe John will let you borrow one of his spikes to use as a razor...

murder the fuck out of anchorman... turn him into soylent spinach
Murder the fuck out of tattoo man.
(Sven dexterity: 1+3)
(Steve dexterity: 6-1+2-1)

(Steve dexterity: 2-1+2-1)
(Sven dexterity: 3+3)
(Sven dexterity for counter: 5+3)
(Steve dexterity: 4-1+2-1)
(Sven strength: 2+2+2)
(Steve endurance: 5-1)

(Sven dexterity: 3+3)
(Steve dexterity: 4-1+2-2)
(Sven strength: 5+2+2)
(Steve endurance: 1-1)

While Sven examines his new tattoo, Steve seizes the opportunity to swing his anchor at the man. Sven doesn't even turn around as he ducks under the blow, and thrusts his sword backwards, piercing his foe's upper thigh. As Steve falls onto his knees, Sven quickly whirls around, neatly severing his opponent's head. Satisfied with his work, he looks around for spinach, and to his surprise, gargantuan leaves of the vegetable sprout from the ground. The leaves grow and grow until they are nearly the size of buses, and Sven takes a manly bite out of one to celebrate his victory.

STEVE IS DEAD
(Sven luck: 2+1+1)

Biting into one of the spinach plants, Sven is surprised to feel his teeth sink into something bland and leathery. Looking closer at the great vegetable, he notices a pair of sneakers lodged inside of it. Carefully, he pulls them free of the plant and slips them on his feet, and finds that they seem to glide across the ground with almost no friction.

Climb up a tree, set up a sniper spot, shoot someone.
(Lootington dexterity: 6+1+1)
(Perrin dexterity: 6+1-1)
(Perrin endurance: 6+1)

Lootington scrambles up one of the trees in the southwestern area, and fires a shot off at Perrin. The bolt of darkness strikes the giant in the shoulder, but merely vanishes in a poof of smoke without any noticeable effects. As he curses his luck, the tree that he is in begins to climb skywards, soon becoming a 200 foot high pillar of leaves and wood, AKA a sniper's paradise.

UNLUCKY SPAWNS IN THE BED OF THE LAKE, WHICH HAS BEEN NEARLY DRAINED OF WATER BY THE SURGE OF PLANT GROWTH
(Unlucky luck: 6-6) Hahahahaha. Also, the fourth 6 in a row o_O

Unlucky's waiver is nowhere to be found. Well damn, out of all the rotten luck...

MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2013, 01:13:53 am »

Radial got a staff that gives him +4 Affinity?! The lucky bastard.
Sig! Onol

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 12, 2013, 01:15:06 am »

Balls.

Spoiler: New character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:19:37 am by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 12, 2013, 01:17:22 am »

Balls.

Spoiler: New character (click to show/hide)
It might be that endurance.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 12, 2013, 01:28:50 am »

power slide off somewhere as per pm
how the fuck are we gonna take out that sniper now? Kadzar is the only person with any hope of being able to affect anything that high up.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:27:46 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2013, 02:44:53 am »

"I fear I may have gone a tad bit overboard."

Razdak suddenly notices Unlucky materializing in front of him.
"Hail and well met, good sir! Would you agree to converse with myself peaceably?"

Razdak remains ready to restrain the stranger with magic vines if he turns violent.

EDIT: Actual action in my next post.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:25:58 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 12, 2013, 02:47:02 am »

"I fear I may have gone a tad bit overboard."

Razdak suddenly notices Unlucky materializing in front of him.
"Hail and well met, good sir! Would you agree to converse with myself peaceably?"

Razdak remains ready to restrain the stranger with magic vines if he turns violent?
Sorry to butt in again, but why is it always the peaceful, responsible ones that get reality-warping weapons?
Yes, I'm being petulant.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 12, 2013, 03:07:25 am »

Id love to have a nice peacable conversation with you and unlucky but i fear that the three of us standing next to each other would present too tempting a target for mr sniper guy.  :(

Rest assured i have no intention of harming either of you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 12, 2013, 03:39:42 am »

Leave and head toward Lucky.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 12, 2013, 09:34:21 am »

((I'm thinking raz has the most powerful weapon right now.... And me trying to find an alliance is gonna be a hell of a problem now with two people trying to kill my ass.))

"Woah! Thanks Lilia... we're both guardians for each other now haha," Lucky says to Lilia and then adds, "Anyways, this grass popped out just in time. I think we need to get away from this giant. Let's use the grass to sneak away alright?"
"Alright, if you say so," Lilia replies with a grin. Lucky is kinda amazed she can smile even after nearly dying... twice.
Lucky starts sneaking away to the north, with Lilia floating low right behind him, hoping that his luck continues so that no one can see him and Lilia. What he wants to say will have to wait.

Sneak away using the tree high grass as cover. Head northward as far as I can this turn while staying in the grass. Then ask Lilia to float up just barely above the grass to see what is around.

((Btw, whoever Unlucky is, I'm automatically teaming up with you and calling you my brother. ))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:38:09 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 12, 2013, 02:15:10 pm »

Stay away from the giant. Go north.
"Yes, I'd like peace. I doubt my ability to defend myself from a 40 foot tall giant."
(I knew I'd get a 6 and nothing !!FUN!! would happen. Talk about luck. Also that's fine superblast.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:10:18 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 12, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »

Uh-oh. Drop a branch on Unlucky.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 159