Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275350 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! EPIC LOOT FEST!
« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2013, 06:33:43 pm »

Waitlisting. I'm gonna be silly and see what negative luck gives me.
Name: Unlucky
Looks: Kinda beefy, but has so much bad luck, thats even his name!
Strength: +++
Endurance:
Dexterity: +++
Affinity:
Luck: ------
Badassery:

Also, watch me roll a 6 for my weapon anyway. Bah. That'd be my luck.

That's the exact opposite of my character o.O What are we brothers in game?
Well, almost exact opposite.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:09:47 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2013, 06:37:01 pm »

Rush into the tower with meh peeps. Then guard the door.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 26, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

Take the shot at whoever i can see.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2013, 11:54:50 pm »

Waitlisting. I'm gonna be silly and see what negative luck gives me.
Name: Unlucky
Looks: Kinda beefy, but has so much bad luck, thats even his name!
Strength: +++
Endurance:
Dexterity: +++
Affinity:
Luck: ------
Badassery:

Also, watch me roll a 6 for my weapon anyway. Bah. That'd be my luck.

That's the exact opposite of my character o.O What are we brothers in game?
Well, almost exact opposite.
Dunno, I guess. I thought about distributing the + evenly but figured I wanted to stay alive long enough to see what stuff it creates for me.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2013, 01:05:22 am »

"Hey now, that's a neat trick!"

Approach to throwing range and chuck Moretti at the dying man.  Retarget at anyone who attacks me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 27, 2013, 11:31:02 pm »

Fix bleeding. Figure out what happened while I was asleep. Figure out book by sicing locusts on badassitude.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:12:17 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2013, 05:01:15 pm »

Fix bleeding. Figure out what happened while I was asleep. Figure out book.
Wow you're taking this awfully lightly for me stabbing needles into the back of your head currently.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2013, 05:11:54 pm »

Wow you're taking this awfully lightly for me stabbing needles into the back of your head currently.
Well I was on vacation for the past 4 days. I'll change it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2013, 05:13:42 pm »

Well I was on vacation for the past 4 days. I'll change it.
Dammit.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2013, 01:00:10 am »

I'll put the turn up tomorrow. I was trying to get it tonight, and then I read this. And played the demo. And sat in my room, staring at the wall for half an hour, wondering what the actual fuck I just played.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2013, 01:14:43 am »

But...what...how..

The fuck?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2013, 06:42:46 am »

Name: The Rock.

Looks: A tall, well built man of mixed race, with a shaved head. Do you smell what the rock is cooking?

Strength: +1

Endurance: +5

Dexterity: +5

Affinity: -6

Luck: -6

Badassery: +1

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2013, 11:41:29 pm »

Now that Systar is here things are about to get *sunglasses* BADASS

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2013, 02:40:04 am »

"You are rather resilient for a human"

Plant my axe in her chest.
Kick the axe away! It's my only chance!
(John dexterity: 6)
(Alina dexterity: 5)

Before Alina can recover from the kick, John rushes forwards, aiming to sink his axe into the girl's chest.

(John dexterity: 3)
(Alina dexterity: 1-1)
(John strength: 3)
(John affinity: 4)
(Alina endurance: 1) Ouch...

Alina raises her frozen arm to defend herself, but she's too slow as John plants his axe directly into her sternum. Blood sprays from the wound for an instant before freezing solid, and Alina's scream is cut off as a sheet of ice wraps around her entire body.

(John luck: 3)

As John pulls his hatchet out of his frozen victim, her body shatters into thousands of tiny fragments of ice. They melt almost instantly, except for two suspiciously round ones roughly the size of softballs, which seem to contain small orbs of lightning inside. John picks up the spheres and carefully puts them into his pockets, taking great care not to shatter them.

Try to attach big needles to throwing butter knife without ruining the balance, in hopes of making a useable ranged weapon.
Practice by throwing at some point in the tower wall, warning Badattitude to stay uprange of me.

(Arthur luck: 5)

You look at the needles and then back at the knife, and a brilliant idea comes to mind. Throwing needles! Why, you'll be the master of the arena with these. You set to work attaching the needles to the knife, and soon you have turned the two joke weapons into a formidable implement of DIY death-dealing. You give the shortsword-sized needle-knife an experimental throw, and it flies straight before bouncing off the wall, tumbling end over end through the air, and embedding itself point-first in the dirt. You smile a little as you pull it out, and slip it into your sleeve, ready to throw it at a moment's notice.

Take the shot at whoever i can see.
"Hey now, that's a neat trick!"

Approach to throwing range and chuck Moretti at the dying man.  Retarget at anyone who attacks me.
(Lootington dexterity: 6+1)
(Systar dexterity: 2+1)

Lootington puts his monocled eye to the scope of his weapon and lines up a shot at Systar's head before pulling the trigger.

(Lootington dexterity: 2+1+1) Sniper rifles are snipertastic
(Systar dexterity: 2+1)
(Systar affinity: 2)
(Systar endurance: 5)
(Systar badassery: 4-1)

A bolt of darkness erupts from the barrel of the gun and zooms towards Systar, punching a hole in his thigh. Pale blue fog pours from it for a moment, before being replaced with a stream of blood-red gas. Systar winces for a moment, but then the spray of blood-fog stops, and he throws Moretti at his assailant as his vision starts to blur.

(Systar dexterity: 1+1-1)
(Lootington dexterity: 5+1)
(Moretti endurance: 4)

With his impaired vision, Systar can't even make out the general location of where his target is standing, so he just throws and hopes for the best. He hears an impact and grins, before Moretti calls out. "What the fuck was that, kid? You threw me into a goddamned rock! One of these days, I'm going to find a loophole in that contract, and you're gonna be sorry you ever existed." Despite all of the grumbling, Moretti climbs into your hand, and braces himself for another throw.

Fix bleeding. Figure out what happened while I was asleep. Figure out book by sicing locusts on badassitude.
Realising Billy still has a book of locusts, dramatically walk over to him, kick the book out of the way and tell him "Have I have told you... the definition of EXPLOSIONS? Then saw him in half.

Edit: Also make awesome eyepatch. Wear eyepatch on working eye for the lols unless that lowers DEX rolls.
(Billy dexterity: 4+1)
(BADASSITUDE dexterity: 2-1)

Billy coughs up blood before opening to a random page in the book. There's an incantation written there in a strange language, and Billy reads it aloud, half choking on his own blood as he does so.

(Billy affinity: 6-1+1)

"Karr dhud kukdulk uvk dav nav dhlaud!"
The moment Billy says the last word, a swarm of locusts the size of cats pours forth from the book. Several of them land on his neck and begin to spit a thick white foam on the wound, while a majority of them dive through the entrance of the tower and make a beeline towards Sir Badassitude.

(Locusts dexterity: 5+2)
(Locusts strength: 6)
(Sir Badassitude dexterity: 3-1-1)
(Sir badassitude endurance: 2)

Before the badass can even rev up his chainsaw, a locust crashes into his chest, knocking him backwards. The rest of the swarm soon follows, and they slam into the man like green cannonballs, some of them even hard enough to break bones. As Sir Badassitude is pinned to the wall by this onslaught, a tremendous locust as large as a goat slams into his skull with a resounding crack, shattering it to bits.

(Billy luck: 3)

The locusts continue to pile onto Badassitude's corpse until absolutely nothing is left except for a few ominous stains of blood. They then pour out of the tower like a green tidal-wave, and drop something by you before flying away. However, you're too busy choking to death on your own blood to notice what it is.

(Billy endurance: 6+1) Locust based healing is the best healing :)

As you gasp for air, the foam on your neck wound hardens into a thick green chitin, not unlike the exoskeletons of your new favorite insects. You can even feel the torn arteries repairing themselves, and you pick yourself up with a newfound spring in your step. Looking down at what the locusts left you, you realize that it's a thick kevlar vest, with a few bloodstains on it from Badassitude's messy demise.

Rush into the tower with meh peeps. Then guard the door.

You see a swarm of locusts erupt from the tower, and you quickly rush inside to check on your new friends. To your surprise, only Arthur is inside, and Sir Badassitude is nowhere to be seen. Then you notice the spatters of blood and the broken locust wings over by one of the walls, and put two and two together. Maybe coming here wasn't the best idea after all...

'COCKY BASTARD' GRAWSON APPEARS BY THE EASTERN SHORE OF THE LAKE, AND LUCKY APPEARS OUTSIDE OF THE WESTERN WALL OF THE TOWER!
(Bastard luck: 5+1)

As Grawson appears, his waiver twists itself into a pair of black wool gloves with electric blue pawprint designs on the palms. The moment he puts them on, he feels a jolt of electricity go down his spine, and feels his upper body growing heavier. As thick black fur sprouts from his body, he lets loose a feral howl, and the area in front of him crackles bright blue before exploding into a sphere of pure lightning. Where the greaser once stood, there is now a ten-foot long wolf with jet black fur and a long greasy mane on the back of its neck, and arcs of blue lightning occasionally crackle off of its back.

(Lucky luck: 4+5)

Lucky appears a good hundred feet above the ground. "What the hell? I thought I was supposed to be lucky?" He plummets straight down, cursing all the way, until he stops about a foot before impact. "I've gotcha!" He looks towards the voice to see a young girl with blue hair and a fancy black dress smiling at him. She winks at him, and he crashes to the ground, stunned, but mostly unhurt. "I'm Lilia, and I'm your guardian angel! I'm here to protect you, and more importantly, have a little bit of fun while I'm at it." As she says this, she crosses her fingers and a barrier of bluish energy appears around Lucky before fading away with a sound like clinking glasses. "There! Now you'll be harder to hurt! Isn't having a guardian angel great?" With this, she levitates several feet off of the ground, and floats in lazy circles around Lucky's head.

MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2013, 02:51:50 am »

Muahaha. I like this already.

Slick back fur. Find Arthur and tear his throat out.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:03:05 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 159