Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Donation rewards  (Read 1940 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Donation rewards
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 08:25:04 pm »

Hate to point this out but just about every name in this game is "fantasy", so would conflict with "futuristic" mods anyway.
Hate to point this out, but all of those are moddable. Just fiddle with language raws.

Ahem.

While this sounds like a good idea to some, I can't say that I think it would be anything but a new way for some players to fulfill their ego. I could easily see a couple hundred people donating to get their names in this masterpiece.
However, if this did happen, it would probably make sense to include it as a "shape" or something. That way, it can be removed and easily modified. If anyone asks, I could try making a mockup.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

thburns

• Bay Watcher
  • I came, I saw..... It sucked!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 08:31:56 pm »

Hey, wasn't me who said they weren't modable. I went off what the other guy said...
As I said before I have not donated yet, nor can I till out of college, and this is not for me. So, NO, it wouldn't be nice for me. I was just thinking of other people. As I said "It would be nice for them." Sorry about that.

Anyhow. It seems apparent that this type of thing is not wanted. And that's fine, was only an idea.
If only life and parenting were as easy as "Dwarf Fortress"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 08:39:11 pm »

Hey, wasn't me who said they weren't modable. I went off what the other guy said...
Did I accuse you?

As I said before I have not donated yet, nor can I till out of college, and this is not for me. So, NO, it wouldn't be nice for me. I was just thinking of other people. As I said "It would be nice for them." Sorry about that.
Yes, but many people would. I'd rather have my name in DF than crayon art (not that I wouldn't want art, having my name in DF would just be cooler).

Anyhow. It seems apparent that this type of thing is not wanted. And that's fine, was only an idea.
Thanks for being so mature! If only everyone was this way (me included  ;D)...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]