Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Legion 2240 A.D. - Never Google "Fourth Degree Burns"  (Read 9051 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - Waitlisting Accepted
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 06:33:08 am »

"Gosh," blurted Astria before she could help herself. "What happened to your arm?!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 06:38:42 am »

"This thing?" Cassia looked at her left arm, which was a high-powered gun from the elbow down. "It's a neat little 'sign-on' bonus they gave me. It really hurt for awhile - getting your arm lopped off right here isn't very fun - but I didn't need my left hand anyway." She wiggled the fingers of her right hand as if to prove that was her dominant arm. "I got some sort of nifty repulsor shielding - or something like that - too! I haven't got to try it out yet but they told me it can deflect bullets. Oh yeah! What about you? Did they give you anything... special?" she asked, all curiosity.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 08:27:35 am »

(("I don't know yet," wanted to reply Astria. "I'm just waiting to hear back from the GM regarding my Diagnosis Enhancement Retinal Module implant... - I wouldn't have passed med school without it!"))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 08:30:40 am »

(Cassia gasped in shock and quickly worked to repair the fourth wall before anyone noticed there was a hole in it. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 09:12:23 am »

(("I don't know yet," wanted to reply Astria. "I'm just waiting to hear back from the GM regarding my Diagnosis Enhancement Retinal Module implant... - I wouldn't have passed med school without it!"))
((What wall- *gets the Amontillado treatment*))

"Hi." Alia waved as she approached the other two. She wasn't good with introductions- especially when they were...seemingly shoved from whatever they were doing into this area with no general direction in which way to go or where to start to get to the Outpost. "so...I think we need to at least improvise a compass? Anyon- wait, I'll do it. But...can we stick together as a team? All three of us and the two guys?"

In addition to getting the stuff mentioned earlier, seek the position of the sun and use a natural body method to determine which direction is North. Then examine surroundings (I'd link knowledge of it to you, but I'm under 1d6+1 :P)

"Also, we are five people. We only have enough food and drink for four equal weeks - one person extra in the time limit given and ...Err-wait, I wasn't told where Outpost Paterna is. You?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 09:14:24 am »

(Whilst Cassia placed the final few bricks into place, Astria gazed over her companions and tried to fix them in her memory.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:23 pm »

Why do I have a "1 free/Int implant remaining" when I already have it?))
Since you've fulfilled the requirements for an INT implant, you could either have one Dermal and a Sub-Dermal, or two Sub-Dermal's. Get it?

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 11:11:10 pm »

Can I be wait listed please?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »

Can I be wait listed please?
Yup yep!

Turns up in a jiff fellas!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 02:19:11 am »

Cassia took a comlink, her fair share of the rations, the box of 20mm rounds for her left arm, and one of the pistols, which she tucked away for later use. "I think I'm ready to roll out if you guys are," she said, sizing up her companions.
You grab what you think you need and wait for the others to finish gearing up.

((Jim, I like that))

I'll take one vibro-sword and one shield, if no one else wants.
You take one of the silvery blades, its point glinting in the sunlight, and insert it into the scabbard you keep on your belt, then strap one of the metal shields to your left arm and wait for the others to finish up.

grab my equipment, pick up the vibro sword and pistol/crossbow if they are left over.
You pick up the remaining vibro-sword and pistol, clipping the former to your belt and stuffing the firearm right next to it.

"You know, I doubt a vibrating sword would make any difference from a regular sword...I'm Alia by the way." Alia said as she looked at the cloth and watched the people take their items. She took her share of rations and water, a communication link, and...

"Erm, ok. It seems you're all taking the weapons? The javelins are mine then." she finished, taking the three javelins, using one as her main 'weapon'.

In addition to getting the stuff mentioned earlier, seek the position of the sun and use a natural body method to determine which direction is North. Then examine surroundings.
You grab your rations and pull the Com-Link, which resembles a sort of elastic rubber sleeve, over your left ear. You heft the three javelins and then ponder a moment on how best to carry them. You take the large cloth the equipment was lain on and punch four holes, one on each corner, into it using one of the javelins. You remove your belt and lace it through the holes, pulling it tight and creating an oversized pouch of sorts. You slide two of the javelins into the pouch and sling it over one shoulder, taking the remaining one in your hand, its weight reassuring you somewhat. The weapon is sturdy enough to use as a stabbing weapon, yet still light enough to be thrown at range, though not quite as far as its much shorter counterpart.

You look at the sun, remembering that it has only just risen a few short hours ago, and thus judging that you are facing east. You turn ninety degrees to your left and search the horizon. Only bare desert lies in that direction (North).

(Er I'd like a pistol. Is there anyting left after that?)

Astri didn't know if she much liked being sized up. She flashed a shiny smile.

"Hello! Astri Atrocium at your service! Not literally, I hope: I'm your entirely competent cadet field surgeon! I... Gosh. Firearms."

Take a pistol. And the bow/arrows and sword if no one else wants them but make them the priority. And a scalpel. Oh and the link and the rations.
You lunge for one of the pistols, but they're both snatched up before you can reach them. You grab the longbow and arrows instead. There is no scalpel amongst the gear, unfortunately. Not that it would be too terribly useful in the first place.

You all finish kitting up, and by the time the free-for-all is over the titanium breastplate is all that remains, lying bare in the sand.

Spoiler: Player Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:02:32 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 02:25:56 am »

By grab my equipment i meant the chestplate and spears as per the in character text,  i probably shoulda been clearer about that.

Anyways put on the chestplate and follow the others.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 02:28:02 am »

By grab my equipment i meant the chestplate and spears as per the in character text,  i probably shoulda been clearer about that.

Anyways put on the chestplate and follow the others.
I see. However, at this point, if someone else wants it you fellas will roll for it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 02:32:18 am »

But i bagsied it D:

Well as long as i dont lose it to the guy who stole my spears i guess i can live with it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 02:41:14 am »

But i bagsied it D:

Well as long as i dont lose it to the guy who stole my spears i guess i can live with it.
Hey! Him getting the spears javelins (::)) was fair. Otherwise he'd be unarmed. Can't have that now can we? You greedy son of a gun. ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:45:00 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 02:45:26 am »

Lol i also specified to wait after grabbing the spears+chestplate and let the others have first pick for the sword and pistol, thats hardly a greedy mans action :P

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8