Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Legion 2240 A.D. - Never Google "Fourth Degree Burns"  (Read 9053 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - Waitlisting Accepted
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 12:03:02 am »

Screw it ill just leave my char as is... beam me off the waitlist scotty.
Sorry, the others were ready first, and only five players until wrestling season is over and I have more time for this sort of thing.. :(
Its only two or four more weeks, so it shouldn't be too long. And someone might die before then.
Uhh... i only see 4 others and myself... whose missing?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 12:54:54 am »

You all step through the palisade and into the windswept wasteland that marks the edge of Rome's vast empire. The watchman drags a small storage chest behind him and sets it down in front of you. He unlatches the clasp and kicks the lid open, pulling a small cloth away and revealing two spatha short vibro-swords, three pilum heavy javelins, a mechanically assisted composite longbow with a matching quiver filled with 12 broad-headed arrows, a box of 20mm recoilless anti-tank rounds, one scutum titanium shield, one titanium breastplate, a pair of loaded 9mm auto pistols, five com-links, and enough water and dry food to last you all a month. The watchman draws the items out one at a time, setting each one down on the dark cloth with great care. Once he has finished, he pulls the chest closed and stands up straight, gazing out across the desert, then turns back towards the group and eyes you all carefully, judging.

He motions towards the equipment with one hand.
Divide these up amongst yourselves. You're on the clock, so get a move on and start making your way to Outpost Paterna. You have one week, or you're out of the Legion.

He drags the chest back behind the walls, and the gates slide shut with a muted hiss. You all glance at one another, your leather tunics your only other possessions aside from the gear just given to you.

Spoiler: Player Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:28:40 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:38 am »

Screw it ill just leave my char as is... beam me off the waitlist scotty.
Sorry, the others were ready first, and only five players until wrestling season is over and I have more time for this sort of thing.. :(
Its only two or four more weeks, so it shouldn't be too long. And someone might die before then.
Uhh... i only see 4 others and myself... whose missing?
I meant four, not five. What the hell, merry Christmas! You're in! ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:02:19 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 01:00:31 am »

((Jim, I like that))

I'll take one vibro-sword and one shield, if no one else wants.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 01:09:14 am »

Some of you never selected your free implants. You've got one last chance to pick one, or tell me that you don't want one, which is a totally viable choice. Being clean can have some advantages too. If you fail to select a free implant before this turn is over, consider it forfeit. Stat implants can be installed at any time if you have one on hand and a doctor is around.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 01:10:46 am »

Cassia took a comlink, her fair share of the rations, the box of 20mm rounds for her left arm, and one of the pistols, which she tucked away for later use. "I think I'm ready to roll out if you guys are," she said, sizing up her companions.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 01:27:04 am »

Ill take the javelins, and the breastplate if noone objects.

grab my equipment, pick up the vibro sword and pistol/crossbow if they are left over.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:14 am »

(Er I'd like a pistol. Is there anyting left after that?)

Astri didn't know if she much liked being sized up. She flashed a shiny smile.

"Hello! Astri Atrocium at your service! Not literally, I hope: I'm your entirely competent cadet field surgeon! I... Gosh. Firearms."

Take a pistol. And the bow/arrows and sword if no one else wants them but make them the priority. And a scalpel. Oh and the link and the rations.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:48:30 am by lawastooshort »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 03:43:23 am »

(I think there was just the two 9mm pistols. I'd take the bow - or a sword, but I'm pretty much exclusively a ranged build - and let each of you have a pistol, but I only have one hand due to my implant, so I couldn't use it... so I guess one of you two'll have to take the bow.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:18 am »

Yeah pistols yours, im only grabbing the sword and the crossbow if noone else takes them so they and the bow are left as well.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 04:01:44 am »

(Well I'll take the pistol but I'll only take anything else if no one wants it. The pistol's more for my self defence, I don't think I'm particularly combat-competent, people who are should take the stuff before me.)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 04:08:32 am »

HGLAHAAAA
PTW
CHARACTER SHEET SOON
SO MANY NEW RTD'S
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 04:18:00 am »

((I thought you said we'd start without an implant, and if we would, we'd have to fulfill the requirements to get one.

Why do I have a "1 free/Int implant remaining" when I already have it?))

...((What crossbow? Also, OP edit. We're now in the Roman Legion with technology implants in our bodies. Also, females in the army :P

TAKE THAT, HISTORY SCUM!))

"You know, I doubt a vibrating sword would make any difference from a regular sword...I'm Alia by the way." Alia said as she looked at the cloth and watched the people take their items. She took her share of rations and water, a communication link, and...

"Erm, ok. It seems you're all taking the weapons? The javelins are mine then." she finished, taking the three javelins, using one as her main 'weapon'.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 04:24:37 am »

Dammit... i read mechanically assisted crossbow and composite bow, i really need to stop and read instead of skimming.  :-\

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 06:23:28 am »

"Hi! I'm Cassia Barbatius," Cassia responded to the girls who gave their names. "Here's to working together!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8