Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]

Author Topic: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM  (Read 69675 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM
« Reply #975 on: February 07, 2013, 02:00:46 am »

yaaaaaay strawberry turtle :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 07, 2013, 02:02:14 am »

I have a feeling that they'll just trot out new and improved crazies. Rand Paul seems like a too-obvious choice, if they can get him to agree to anything that Karl Rove says.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 07, 2013, 02:03:38 am »

It's that your opinions to this point have amounted to, basically a) "I have a gun and am therefore invincible"
This is a straw-man and is incorrect. I do not believe I am invincible by merit of having a gun; I believe that having a weapon superior to that of the attacker's will allow me a greater chance of survival should I be attacked, much like having a Ford Mustang will allow me a greater chance of winning a race than a Honda Civic.

and b) "I won't be a victim because... because I say so! Who cares if they have a gun and all the cards, and if I do anything untoward will get shot in the head! I'm still not a victim!"
As I've previously stated, given a chance between not being a victim, and being a victim, I will choose the former.

You're acting like you're this action hero, super-calm and totally invulnerable,
This is a completely incorrect assumption and I'm not sure where you believe that I stated or implied this.

without accounting for the fact that there are situations where you are, sometimes quite literally, fucked.
In these situations, I will choose to defend myself.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 07, 2013, 02:04:34 am »

Descan, you ignored my response to your question on the turtle. Obviously you hate rational discussion and deserve to be angry and frustrated.
Oh yeah and this: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/02/ppp-trust-in-fox-news-hits-record-low-156277.html?hp=r4 Interestingly, only PBS maintains a majority of people trusting it.
 SO YOU ARE WRONG AND DERAILING! AND YOU WILL BE SHOT ALONG WITH DESCAN FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE STATE.
I went on a whole tear. It's amazing what you say when no one is listening. That was all one quote BTW.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 07, 2013, 02:05:14 am »

Descan, you ignored my response to your question on the turtle. Obviously you hate rational discussion and deserve to be angry and frustrated.
Oh yeah and this: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/02/ppp-trust-in-fox-news-hits-record-low-156277.html?hp=r4 Interestingly, only PBS maintains a majority of people trusting it.
 SO YOU ARE WRONG AND DERAILING! AND YOU WILL BE SHOT ALONG WITH DESCAN FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE STATE.
I went on a whole tear. It's amazing what you say when no one is listening. That was all one quote BTW.
I was listening. Honest.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 07, 2013, 02:07:36 am »

Of course to be fair the posting was sofast and furious I could barely crank out up-to-date madness. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for people attempting to construct rational arguments.

So yeah, while repubs may trot out new crazies, they'll tailor them. Not like last time. They don't want to be a opposition party for ever after all. And if nothing else, the current crazies have lost way too much credibility. They'll cut them loose, and start looking for other ways to get out their message.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 07, 2013, 02:10:30 am »

*scratches head* Wasn't there actually a news post someone threw out a bit back that had one of/some of the major repub figures basically say exactly that? That they wanted to have dudes that stopped saying incredibly stupid shit at incredibly poor times, but didn't intend to change party platforms in the slightest. Basically to shine brighter but shovel the same shit, if you will. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 07, 2013, 02:11:04 am »

Okay so we've done this rigamarole, you and I, about 4-5 times already. Where I say "Your choice is getting shot or complying." and you say "Given a choice between not being a victim and being a victim, I choose the former" (great bumper sticker, by the way. Just... doesn't actually mean... uh, anything.) And I wrack my head trying to figure out how exactly you plan on getting out of the situation where you have a gun pointed at you, WILL be shot if you try and get your own, and will probably at least be injured (and will probably have worse done to you than if you just complied) if you resist...

And I'm tired of it. You're just repeating the same old shit, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and it's annoying.

And it's not like the situation I'm describing is rare or anything! It happens all the bloody time, it's not like I'm saying "Okay but what if you were a giraffe on the moon? What would you do theeeen?!" and you're just saying "I won't be a victim!" without describing HOW.

That last paragraph doesn't make any sense and I DON'T GIVE A SHIT
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #983 on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:35 am »

There are too many low quality posts to clean this out.  Feel free to restart it.  If you think somebody is trolling or that they are being non-responsive, please don't reply to them.  It was clear at least that people were talking past each other fairly early along in this exercise.  It also doesn't help when people insert a bunch of joke posts into a situation like this.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]