Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 66

Author Topic: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM  (Read 69677 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2013, 03:27:25 pm »

Great, he was basically their only candidate (other than Huntsman, but he'll never get it) who isn't completely terrible.

What would be funny is if the Democrats nominated someone from the far left of the party next election. We'd be seeing Warren vs. Santorum, or somesuch.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »

Seriously? Stewart went there? For shame, Jon.

I suppose the NRA's proposal would be to expand the Secret Service to a 1.5 million-member force, and place them at every school in the country?

I wouldn't be half-surprised to see Christie ditch the GOP in the next four years and go independent. I think he's realizing that a NJ Republican equals a Democrat in most other places. Or as the old saw goes, a New York Republican equals a Kentucky Democrat.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2013, 03:29:58 pm »

Christie is a pretty cool guy, eh slaps Republicans and doesnt afraid of anything

Despite his overall republican-ness, I can still respect Christie on those special occasions where he show's he's not completely following his parties lead, and has a mind of his own.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:32 pm »

Good, he could actually win if he got the nomination. We need them to fill the pool with as many unelectable crazies as possible.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »

Stewart wasn't bashing Obama over the protect his kids thing.  Stewart was making jokes about it bashing the NRA.

Christie is playing you guys like a drum.  He denounces outlandish statements that have no effect on public policy and you think that means he's moderating himself out of the nomination?  If he seeks the nomination this will help him, not hurt him.  The GOP won't give a crap about what he said about this ad that they don't care about because it doesn't piss them off.  But it will score him free centrist cred which makes the media treat republicans like centrists even when they act nothing of the sort.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:38:01 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2013, 03:36:05 pm »

Seriously? Stewart went there? For shame, Jon.

I suppose the NRA's proposal would be to expand the Secret Service to a 1.5 million-member force, and place them at every school in the country?

I wouldn't be half-surprised to see Christie ditch the GOP in the next four years and go independent. I think he's realizing that a NJ Republican equals a Democrat in most other places. Or as the old saw goes, a New York Republican equals a Kentucky Democrat.

I can't help but think that that would throw the election into the House, with New Jersey's 14 electoral votes. Ironically, if the Democrats win the House back in 2016, that could make the gerrymandering backfire spectacularly. It will be much easier for him to split the election by picking up a couple of congressional districts in each state than by winning a few states wholesale. Then, the House would choose the Democrat...

If the Republicans kept it, though, there would be chaos. The Democrats would vote for the Democrat. What's left of the moderate Republicans would vote Christie. The Tea Party will vote Santorum or whoever. Nobody gets a majority and there's a constitutional crisis.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:42:34 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:51 pm »

Stewart wasn't bashing Obama over the protect his kids thing.  Stewart was making jokes about it bashing the NRA.
He did actually say that it was typical political bull*beep*. But he immediately goes on about how the other side is noone to talk.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2013, 03:51:42 pm »

Christie is playing you guys like a drum.  He denounces outlandish statements that have no effect on public policy and you think that means he's moderating himself out of the nomination?  If he seeks the nomination this will help him, not hurt him.  The GOP won't give a crap about what he said about this ad that they don't care about because it doesn't piss them off.  But it will score him free centrist cred which makes the media treat republicans like centrists even when they act nothing of the sort.
That's a bit shrill, dude. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he is, in fact, more sane and pragmatic than many of his compatriots. Which makes him instantly unpopular among them. Not saying I'd vote for him, but I'm never going to denigrate an attempt by a dude to call fouls on his own side when warranted.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2013, 03:52:31 pm »

Can you like... link that, or anything? The only mention I've seen him make of it was something along the lines of admiring the presidents restraint, and that he would have gone up and been like "Leave my fucking kids out of it".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2013, 03:54:53 pm »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2013, 03:56:53 pm »

Can you like... link that, or anything? The only mention I've seen him make of it was something along the lines of admiring the presidents restraint, and that he would have gone up and been like "Leave my fucking kids out of it".
I linked the CNN article on it at the top of the page.

"My children had no choice realistically in what I've decided to do with my career and what effect that's had on their lives," he said. "The president doesn't have a choice and his children don't have a choice of whether they're going to be protected or not. The reality is our lives in American society don't lead to that, and I think it's awful to bring public figures' children into the political debate. They don't deserve to be there."

EDIT: Oh...unless you meant Stewart.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:59:23 pm by RedKing »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2013, 04:01:30 pm »

Christie lost the benefit of the doubt when he demanded tax cuts that would mostly go to the rich while saying the state needed to cut spending because of deficits.  Why should there be doubt about what he is?  He is a completely ordinary republican warrior for the rich.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2013, 04:07:38 pm »

Somewhen after 5:30.

I'm... not seeing it, and then they seemed to have moved on. All I'm seeing is him making fun of Republicans for pushing out the old "Obama isn't playing fair because he's using kids to play on emotion when talking about school shooting gun violence stuff" (which is only MORE ironic in light of the commercial).

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2013, 04:09:36 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2013, 04:10:14 pm »

That part with the *bleep*? That's what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 66