Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66

Author Topic: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM  (Read 69825 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM
« Reply #795 on: February 05, 2013, 03:45:22 pm »

Oh my fucking god my sides. This was uploaded by the North Korean government website today. Watch it before you read the rest of this comment. Just do it. If you're using Ghostery you'll need to turn it off for this page or the video won't load, I don't know why.

So. We have North Korea with a space shuttle, looking down on Unified Korea (which is in Turkey), and burning New York City (in Alaska, no less), with stolen footage from Modern Warfare 3, ALL TO THE TUNE OF "WE ARE THE WORLD", ALSO STOLEN. And then video of their missile delivery system, just a few days before they're doing nuclear tests.

Well, if that's not a threat I don't know what is. I say we drone strike their test, just to troll them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:47:29 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 05, 2013, 03:54:38 pm »

Oh my fucking god my sides. This was uploaded by the North Korean government website today. Watch it before you read the rest of this comment. Just do it. If you're using Ghostery you'll need to turn it off for this page or the video won't load, I don't know why.

So. We have North Korea with a space shuttle, looking down on Unified Korea (which is in Turkey), and burning New York City (in Alaska, no less), with stolen footage from Modern Warfare 3, ALL TO THE TUNE OF "WE ARE THE WORLD", ALSO STOLEN. And then video of their missile delivery system, just a few days before they're doing nuclear tests.

Well, if that's not a threat I don't know what is. I say we drone strike their test, just to troll them.

Well, thats all the weeks WTF's used up, and its only Teusday.
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 05, 2013, 03:57:17 pm »

The footage appears to have been taken from the popular video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

We have hit peak North Korea. You cannot get any more North Korea than this video.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 05, 2013, 03:59:35 pm »

World War 3 will start due to a copyright dispute.  You heard it here first.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:23 pm »

Maybe the FBI will raid Pyongyang like they did Kim Dotcom.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 05, 2013, 04:15:54 pm »

Maybe the FBI will raid Pyongyang like they did Kim Dotcom.

Waterboarding is probably more enjoyable than starving to death on a dirt farm while your nation makes a shitty effort at a space programme.
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 05, 2013, 04:52:02 pm »

Want to take your gun to church like any good god-fearing American should? If you live in Arkansas, you can!
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:16 pm »

Want to take your gun to church like any good god-fearing American should? If you live in Arkansas, you can!
Another reason to avoid churches.

EDIT: When Obama said that rural white voters "cling to guns and religion", he didn't mean AT THE SAME TIME.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:03:14 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 05, 2013, 05:51:51 pm »

What happens if a nuke is shot down in the atmosphere? I would have thought that the US missile defense systems would likely be able to cope with the amount of nukes North Korea can scrape together, though I'm less certain about other western targets.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 05, 2013, 05:55:45 pm »

North Korean missiles comes with built-in anti-missile.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »

There are systems in place (a sea-based one in Japan and some land based ones on America's coastline) but a complex attack with a reasonable number of decoys could probably slip at least one missile through.  The more immediate threats are against Japan and South Korea, though.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:40 pm »

There are systems in place (a sea-based one in Japan and some land based ones on America's coastline) but a complex attack with a reasonable number of decoys could probably slip at least one missile through.  The more immediate threats are against Japan and South Korea, though.
In large part because the DPRKs don't really have a proper launch platform capable of reaching America.  Warheads are heavy things, and even North Korea's attempt at a space program demonstrated the targeting issue is nowhere near resolved.  ^_^

At any rate, a nuclear missile that gets shot down in the atmosphere is a dirty bomb, nothing more.  Nuclear warheads are very touchy, very finely-engineered pieces of work.  If the shaped charges don't blow up just right, frequently, all they'll do is scatter very radioactive material over a wide area, but nowhere near the amount of damage or radioactive output that a proper explosion from a nuclear reaction (either fission or fusion) will accomplish.  In other words, it'll be liable to do even less than the old stratospheric testing in the 1950s.  The worst that might happen is that chunks of radioactive debris might get scattered all over the place, but such problems would be localized to the impact sites.  The real issue is getting to the point where it can be shot down reliably; American ABMs (the Patriot missiles) hasn't exactly proven itself wonderfully against even conventional ballistic missiles, though it is getting much better than it was in, say, the first Gulf War. 

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 05, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

ABM systems have proven somewhat unreliable, but I think against what NK is putting up they'll do just fine, especially with South Korea, Japan, China, and the Seventh Fleet all aiming for an NK launch.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 05, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »

Especially since the system was, as I understand it, largely designed with our nutter friends in mind. And with good reason.

Also that video is awesome. My old elementary Geography teacher has burst into tears somewhere and she doesn't know why.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66