Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: You Lead the Zombie Horde  (Read 25022 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You Lead the Zombie Horde
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2013, 08:32:58 pm »

Let's lay low for a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2013, 08:37:03 pm »

Try to listen in on the news that the neighboring apartment dwellers may be listening to. See what happened with the guard and the child.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2013, 03:51:52 am »

You decide to remain in the apartment for a while, before opting to leave after a few hours when things have settled down, or maybe in the morning.
As you walk around the apartment, you move closer to the side of the wall that gives probably into another one. You can hear the television going on, but it's all too much confused to make anything out of it. Maybe you could try and knock over to the other side and ask for a cup of sugar?
The apartment you're in is made of a wide central room with a kitchen on one side and a bathroom on the other, the bedroom being in one of the two doors by the hallway while there is another door that leads in a far smaller room, a studio probably. If only there were furniture laying around of course.
The paint is fresh and the floor is made of wood, parquet you'd say.
As you hesitantly walk around the apartment, you can hear the various sirens of the ambulances arriving to take care of the wounded as well as more police patrols. When you peek again, you see there are men in biohazard suits getting the two corpses and carrying them away, while giving animatedly orders to policemen who are clad in body armor.
They're roping the area apparently.
Still, in your walking around the room and your trying to listen in to other apartments, you have realized that, by touching the fresh white paint near the wall, it already began to chip away.
Actually, looking at your clothes you can already see them looking strangely yellowish, as if time had been unkind to them. Your shoes too look battered, probably a mixture of running and what not.
As you realize they are probably quarantining the area, you decide to make a run for it.
You did try to 'extend' your death aura...but you don't know if you succeeded or not, seeing as you can't see it to begin with.
You once more head off by the fire escape route, just as you hear more sirens coming your way. These ones are probably the reinforcements of the police however, and as you quickly reach the first floor of the building, you detach the stair of the escape route, which blares the siren for the fire alarm of the building.
Not wishing to remain and watch what chaos you might have caused, you quickly depart from the area by passing through a set of dirty alleys that luckily hold no citizenry. By the time you stop, not to catch breath but to simply look around at where you are, the sun has completely fallen over the horizon.
You are in 'Avenue de la Reine' near a bus and metro stop called "Outre-ponts"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's the river a bit further down the road, and the bridge, and what seems to be quite a big crossroad for various cars. Around you are the small houses and...there are a few shops still open at the present, one of Domestic Electronics is just on the other side of the road.
What now?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2013, 04:59:07 am »

I say we build a outdoors base, and start the serial murder spree.

Jesus this is bad. That one zombie ffucked thigns up for us. We don't even have any follower zombies, left anyway, and the government is already looking for zombies. We actually may be screwed.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:37 am »

That's what you get for killing people. +1 to not killing people.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2013, 08:04:50 am »

Go near the electronics store, but say out of sight unless already seen.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:57 am »

One city's population really isn't enough, either they travel in a group and get bombed(or just herded into a big cage if folk are really ambitious), or disperse and suffer from attrition as communities kill more than they add...
We need controlled circumstances and SCIENCE!! or we are as good as burned toast. Also, I would prefer conquering the world to destroying it, as so far the kids are not much fun to converse with... To this end we should find a base of operations that is secure and rarely frequented. We could follow the train line and look for abandoned containers or utility stations that have become redundant. We need cords with which to bind test subjects. Anything that isn't rotten or frayed should suffice, though we would need it in large quantities. The easy part is gathering test subjects. There should be an abundance of literature on the subject of capturing wild animals, and humans have a natural tendency to leave themselves chemically disabled in districts with late-night activities...
so...
Follow the train lines and look for containers or buildings that show obvious signs of disuse...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2013, 05:26:53 pm »

What Random Access Memory said.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15:19 pm »

You move near the electronics store, where you see a small tv blaring a newscaster with a very bad frown. Said newscaster is saying something in Dutch of course, but the image of Biohazard is clearly seen in the upper right corner of the images.
There's a display of photos that shows the park however, and a view from above of tiny pink dots that move incredibly fast across the landscape. The film was taken in the late afternoon, and you can see those pink dots being neared by smaller brown dots (assault dogs) and getting pummeled in the ground before black dots (policemen) enter the fray.
Some tiny pink dots (probably zombie kids) have dashed away, but you aren't sure if they were merely running towards a more juicy snack or if they understood the concept of 'lost battle'.
Then after a few moments you see the video of the small brown dots pound on the black dots, forcing the black dots to pummel to death the brown dots.
Few moments later, a salve of gunshots is heard...
Coming from the direction you just ran away from.
You decide to follow the metro lines, passing over the bridge and walking for a good bit.
However as you walk near the metro lines, you see a camion, one of those military ones, honk at you from the opposite direction and a soldier of the Belgium Special Forces descend from there and wave at you with a glowing stick.
There is always the river a few well placed dashes behind, and maybe if you run between the alleyways you could even reach it in time. Or you can feign being a tourist, luckily it's night and they can't see your clothes are basically in tatters. Furthermore, should you instead wish for confrontation, you notice that between you and them there is of course the divisor wall of the roadway, but behind you there is a bit of a bush and tree park that isn't much more than an aisle to let dog do their stuff.
Or you can try and ignore the man.
What do you do?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2013, 07:36:05 pm »

Feign tourism.
Sig

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2013, 08:19:37 am »

Feigning tourism does not work.
The moment you turn around to look at them, the military in question widens his eyes and aims with his gun at you.
Five shots later, your un-life ends.

You blink.

Sometimes, you wondered what was it with the zombie clichès about a zombie horde sprouting up from nowhere and suddenly managing to conquer the world without a fight.
Sometimes you queried yourself at night thinking: "Sheesh, what is it with those stupid army men who can't even fight in line, who can't apparently know the value of fighting the zombie hordes holed up in tanks, and who apparently can't even properly nuke a country when it's breeched by a zombie plague?"
Sometimes you kind of shook your head, willing to let it all slide and go on and about your apparently normal life.
Problem is normal just left you.
You remember, of course, the accident.
The vicious attack that took you out was something kind of cheesy, really. Some sort of horrendous B-movie cliché had you walking down a street during the middle of the night and get stabbed to death by a mugger.
So you died. Mind you, you died in the sense that you saw darkness. Complete and utter darkness.
And then, just like in the worst possible movies out of only god knows what type of film, you came back to life.
Well, un-life actually.
So the problem is, you actually chewed your way out of the coffin they dropped you in, you clawed with your hands your way up and, of course...
It's midday.
There isn't much of a soul around, maybe an old granny somewhere in the cemetery, but you wouldn't judge on that. It would have been much easier if this had been a cliché film actually: wake up in the middle of the night, start walking, get honked by hot steamy cheerleaders and bite them while the camera pans out and the music starts getting dreadful in an attempt to scare the spectator stiff.
Pity it doesn't that way.
So to recap, you're apparently a zombie. You're apparently in a cemetery. You apparently have some sort of mild remembrance of how to actually think properly, and you aren't actually hungry.
That might actually change, but at the present you have another thought crossing your mind.
They gave you a nice suit for your funeral! You always knew the only moment you'd put up a suit would be at your marriage or at your funeral, and guess what, the latter won on the first.
You turn around to look at your tombstone.

Name:
Surname:
Date of Birth:
Date of Death: 16/03/2013
In loving memory.
Photo:
Location of Cemetery:

(Previous Zombie characteristic/location cannot be used)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2013, 08:33:37 am »

Name:Jack
Surname:Graves
Date of Birth:04/01/1975
Date of Death: 16/03/2013
In loving memory.
Photo:Brown hair, green eyes, tall
Location of Cemetery:All saints church, Anstey lane, Thurcaston, east Midland, England
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2013, 09:40:40 am »

Name: Charles
Surname: Mason
DoB: 4/19/1273
DoD: 7/13/1312
In loving memory.
Photo: While there are no photos of Charles, his friends and family remember that he was tall and barrel-chested, with teal eyes and thick, wavy, pale hair. His skin was tanned and callused, and his left hand has two mangled fingers (ring and pinkie).
Location of Cemetery: Some Austrian/English/Whatever village, or what scapheap said.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:22:06 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2013, 07:11:17 am »

I think it would be smart to start in a more deserted place in Europe. Obergurgl in Austria, for example.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2013, 07:21:24 am »

Frankly, I don't much care about the starting place, as long as it's on Earth and not a sparsely-inhabited place.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15