Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a Gladiator: Now with RPG mechanics!  (Read 19207 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn Five: The GM can't count
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2013, 10:46:51 pm »

I would be very impressed if anyone killed someone else with training weapons...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2013, 10:51:17 pm »

I would be very impressed if anyone killed someone else with training weapons...

I was informed that training weapons are twice as heavy as normal weapons to build strength. So. In reality, Velligus would be dead, brains everywhere. Basically anyone that got hit in the head in this would be dead. Or very worse for wear. Rule of Cool, people. Rule of Cool.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2013, 10:54:04 pm »

I thought they just carried logs around in circles....
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2013, 10:58:23 pm »

I thought they just carried logs around in circles....

There was other strength training, obviously. But having much heavier training weapons makes sense too. If you can swing a 40 lb spear around like it's nothing, then you can probably swing a 20lb spear around like it's a ribbon baton.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2013, 11:29:01 pm »

I was informed that training weapons are twice as heavy as normal weapons to build strength. So. In reality, Velligus would be dead, brains everywhere. Basically anyone that got hit in the head in this would be dead. Or very worse for wear. Rule of Cool, people. Rule of Cool.
Here I thought training weapons were just wood. Evidently they're lead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2013, 02:01:57 pm »

Will update tonight.

Edit: Unforeseen circumstances have made an update tonight unlikely. D: I'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:35:07 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn Six: Excuses Excuses Excuses
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2013, 09:57:01 pm »

Dear me. I'm terribly sorry for the delay. D: Without further ado, I shall update.

Speed rolls!
Rhame vs Steveus: 1vs1 (-.- I shall allow Steveus to go first because successful cunning roll. One attack.)
Kaiso vs Adnalsnah: 2+2vs3-1 (Kaiso is first, receives two attacks. As usual.)
Kora vs Doctore: 4vs1 (Kora is first and receives two attacks.)
Ceruleaus and Velligus do not roll speed, as they are not in combat. Rather, they may choose to converse with one of the other four gladiators that have finished, one of the two guards in the training square, or the Medicus.

When did I get an axe?

Drop shield, grip hammer in both hands, and smash at his shield, trying to knock it out of his hands.

swing my axe in an uppercut at the armpit of his shield arm as hes discarding it then bash him in the face with my shield and use my axe to pull his hammer from his grasp.

(6+2vs5-1*, Steveus vs Rhame)
(5vs6 Cunning)
(Speed roll to discard: 4vs3 Congrats! You now receive +1 more to attack and no defensive bonuses.)
(5+2vs5+1* Rhame vs Steveus)
(1vs3 Cunning)

Steveus swept forward, as Rhame shucked off his shield. Steveus brought his axe up diagonally into Rhame's armpit, but Rhame was twisting to toss the shield off as the attack landed. It numbed Rhame's arm as it chopped at the blood vessels in his armpit, but he took his hammer in a two handed grip, and deflected Steveus' backhand axe swipe aimed at disarming him. Rhame twisted the hammer about, trying to block the shield bash Steveus was spinning into, but it came in just above Rhame's guard and blasted into his face with a vengeance. Rhame's head twisted with the strike, blood flying from the Egyptian's mouth. He remained conscious though, and as Steveus leveled himself to strike again, Rhame slammed his hammer down on the Thracian's shield arm, right about the edge of the shield. The blow didn't quite break the bone, but it definitely wasn't a pleasant experience for Steveus. The two bleeding combatants stepped back, to take a quick breath...
(Rhame takes 20 damage. Steveus takes 10 damage.)

"Easily fixed"
>Dive forwards, low to the ground
>Punch his Achilles tendon (will guarantee him to fall)
>Roll into standing position
"As long as you're still on your feet, I can slow you down more!"

Stay too close for him to throw effectively, and aim for the legs, especially the ankles.

(4vs4, 4vs2 Kaiso vs Adnalsnah)
(4+1vs3* Adnalsnah vs Kaiso)
(4vs5 Cunning)

Adnalsnah rolled forwards, and whipped his axe at Kaiso's hamstrings, but the blow was hastily aimed and instead slammed into the side of Kaiso's knee. It would leave a deep bruise, but Kaiso maintained his footing as Adnalsnah rolled to his feet. Kaiso turned, and whipped his daggers down and across. Adnalsnah caught one dagger against the haft of his axe, but he wasn't properly braced, so the dagger pushed his guard down far enough to jab into his side, right over his kidney. The other dagger evaded the block quite adroitly, and stabbed Adnalsnah's upper thigh rather viciously. No blood was drawn, but the bruise was deep. The two slaves circled each other, eyes slitted and bodies tense...
(Adnalsnah takes 15 damage. Kaiso takes 10 damage.)

Kora smiled as she saw her enemy's nose in the same condition as hers, albeit the feeling in her head was literally reminding her about it. She wondered if foreign particles to an open wound would aid the condition? Of course, it would be easier to use conventional weaponry...

And so she kicked sand into the man's face. Swinging her sword to ensure his movements be stifled.

Quote from: Doctore
Be slow and clumsy because shitty dice roll! But try to smack her across the head with your sword!

(4+1vs2+1*, 4+1vs5+1, Kora vs Doctore)
(3vs5+1 Cunning)
(3+1vs2+1 Doctore vs Kora)

Kora flicked her foot up, sending sand flying through the dry air, into Doctore's face. His eyes were closed though, protecting him from the irritants. He opened his eyes just in time to catch a sword across the temple. He got his shield up and blocked the next swing, and stepped into her guard, forcing her off balance. Doctore swept his sword in a short arc, and Kora tried to duck it, but it caught her right above her ear as she dropped, splitting her skin and sending blood trickling into her hair. The Doctore smiled grimly at her, and they once more went at it...
(Doctore takes 10 damage. Kora takes 10 damage.)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
He's fucking with us.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »

attempt to catch rhames hammer with my axe and pull it straight to the floor then roundhouse kick him in the throat

I honestly cant tell whos winning between us at the moment.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2013, 10:04:36 pm »

Dammit, that wasn't such a good idea evidently.

Before he can recover, bash him with the hammer! Powerfully!

Darn ninja///
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:12 pm »

Wrong thread, glitchiness..!!!!!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2013, 10:11:37 pm »

"Come on, can't you do any better? I'm getting in two strikes for every one you try."

Swing a dagger at his knee as a diversion, and punch him right between the eyes while he's distracted.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »

I honestly cant tell whos winning between us at the moment.

You are. You have 70 health to Rhame's 55.
He's fucking with us.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2013, 10:16:40 pm »

So i have a one and a half attack lead... not much in it  :)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2013, 12:17:30 am »

Ah, I'll go talk to the guard about getting some wine.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2013, 02:51:30 am »

Introduce myself to my fellow gladiators.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13