Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a Gladiator: Now with RPG mechanics!  (Read 19211 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn Three: The Mystery of Turn Two
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 03:37:55 am »

How did I not see this before?!
Very nice so far, Hans. PTW, and character sheet incoming sometime soon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2013, 12:26:03 pm »

"Well, that worked."

>Dodge attacks/block sand with arm while dodging
>Throw the other axe, arm rather than head
>Salvage first axe, if possible
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 05:30:21 pm »

I think everyone went. I will post the turn momentarily.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »

Rhame versus Steveus: (2vs3) Steveus is first, one attack
Kaiso versus Adnalsnah: (6vs3) Kaiso leads, gets two attacks. As usual.
Velligus versus Ceruleaus: (1vs5)  Ceruleaus leads, and gets three attacks.
Kora versus Doctore: (4vs4) Goddamn. Anyone have a suggestion for matched speed rolls? I don't want to reroll. Kora is first.

Dangit.

Bull rush him.
press my advantage, bring my axe down on his shield arm with all my might then bash him in the face with my shield, sidestep and sweep his leg as he charges at me

(7vs5*, Steveus vs Rhame)
(3vs2 Cunning)
(7vs5*, Rhame vs Steveus)
(3vs4 Cunning)

((Okay, present tense is messing me up pretty severely.. I apparently forgot how to do it at some point, and the effort of trying to remember how to do it is disrupting the flow of my writing. I tried really hard, I'll need a little coaching before I can put it into the updates though.))

Steveus swayed back another step, and Rhame charged at him, shield up to knock Steveus from his feet. Steveus whipped his axe down, and caught the edge of Rhame's shield with the underside of the axe head, ripping Rhame's shield out of alignment and disrupting the charge. Rhame's momentum kept him going forward as Steveus dropped to one side and put his leg out. Rhame toppled over Steveus' trip, but rose to his feet immediately. As he did, Steveus bashed him in the side of the head with his shield. Rhame rolled with the blow, and came up in a crouch. Steveus was close, and so Rhame rose up, uppercutting Steveus with the pommel of his hammer. The two were both rather wounded now, and so they warily circled once more...
((Steveus passed his Cunning roll, so next turn Rhame will stay at -1 defense, with an additional +1 to attacks made on his shield arm, for a total of +2. Keep it up, and you might wrench it out of socket or something. Steveus takes 10 damage. Rhame takes 10 damage.))

"Ouch, that stings a bit... Gotta make sure you don't hit me again."

Scoop a handful of sand off of the arena floor and toss it into Adnalsnah's eyes, before slicing up his arms with my daggers.

"Well, that worked."

>Dodge attacks/block sand with arm while dodging
>Throw the other axe, arm rather than head
>Salvage first axe, if possible

(3vs5, 3vs5*, Kaiso versus Adnalsnah)
(5vs2 Cunning)
(3vs4 Adnalsnah versus Kaiso)
(Adnalsnah weapon recovery: (Note, is speed) 5vs5, you recover one weapon)

Kaiso swept down, and threw sand up into Adnalsnah's eyes. Adnalsnah, even with his eyes full of grit, dodged the next two swipes quite adroitly. He threw his axe at Kaiso's arm, but Kaiso swept it out of the way with ease. Adnalsnah stepped back, and onto his first axe. He swept down and grabbed it at Kaiso closed into dagger range once more...
(Adnalsnah takes 5 damage)

"Ha... ha..."
Sweep the legs!

(It would be nice if the vs. rolls were labelled.  Also I would prefer a present tense narration but if past tense works better for you, I can live with it.  Other then that, it's fine.)
((-_-))

Kick his knees out. Cripple this SOB.

(4vs4, 8vs1, 8vs4* Ceruleaus versus Velligus. Gamerlord is rendered unconscious, fight is over.)
(5vs3 Cunning)
(3vs2* Velligus versus Cerleaus)
(4vs4 Cunning)

Ceruleaus swept his big hammer through an arc, and Velligus caught it on the edge of his shield before it hit his ribs. The Gaul's shield bounced off his own side from the force of the blow, setting him off balance. Ceruleaus brought his hammer across in a backhand, smashing it across Velligus' face once more. Velligus stumbled, very punch drunk now, and stabbed at Ceruleaus almost petulantly. The wooden sword jabbed Ceruleaus in the collarbone, right at the nerve cluster, numbing Ceruleaus' whole left arm, but Ceruleaus turned with the jab, and dropped low, sweeping his legs through Velligus' ankles, dumping the Gaul on his back. Ceruleaus rose up, his hammer held high, but awkwardly in one hand, and slammed it off Velligus' face one final time. Velligus went limp, and Ceruleaus bellowed his triumph like a bear with a kill, blood streaking down his skin and dripping into the sand.
Ceruleaus is victorious. Velligus is unconscious and is not permanently injured. ((BTW, Ceruleaus did about 50 damage right there.))

((Sorry...I'm having fun too XD))

Have to realign my nose...Must be skewed now...

Kora checked her stance, spread out and close to the ground as her muscles tensed, eyes waiting for any movement from her competitor. Her body was wracked with stinging pain, and fatigue in the arms and midsection but she still had to fight.

A wooden sword wouldn't do much but blunt trauma like a pole would, so she decided for an alternative - keep the scary strongarm away.

Rush and bash with shield, coupling it with a stab to the chest!

Quote from: Doctore
Let the woman close in, then grab her arm and twist it while punching her.

(7vs7* Kora versus Doctore)
(2vs6 Cunning)
(3vs5* Doctore vs Kora)
(7vs2 Cunning)

Kora pressed in, leading with her shield, and bounced off Doctore's muscular chest. Her sword stabbed in, like a real Legoinnaire might have done, but Doctore sidled sideways and the blow glanced off his shoulder. Doctore grabbed at Kora's sword arm, and caught her by the wrist. He tried to twist it behind her back, but as Doctore got behind her, she headbutted him blindly. He released her wrist and stepped back, his nose bleeding now as well...
(Kora did five damage. Doctore did five damage.)

Doctore is mildly injured.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

And now, for some story info dump.

The Magister watched the new recruits training through the second story window, and gestured for the slave girl to bring him more wine. As she scurried off, he turned to his visitor, another Lanista, but not a Magister, and said, "Gaius, they will be ready for the next games, I assure you. Do not trouble yourself with my gladiators. There are always plenty of damnatii ad gladiatorum to draw from. Pirates, foreigner spies, thieves, captured soldiers, all will do."
Gaius nodded respectfully, mindful of his station, and said, "Of course, Magister Meridius. I did not mean to imply otherwise. We all know your ludus is the finest for miles around. I merely wanted to impress upon you the importance of the next games. There will be a great many Senators there, and where the Senators walk..."
"Good fortunes follow, yes. I know the old saying, my friend. Merely be sure that your gladiators are ready as well. We will have a climactic battle for them, do not doubt. Meanwhile, I think it is almost time for me to begin training these whelps in true Gladiatorial style. I'm sure the Roman will become a Retiarius, or perhaps a Myrmillo. Several Myrmillo or Hoplomachus, for sure, and maybe a Secutor or Andabata as well." Flavius Meridius turned and accepted the goblet of wine from the slave. He shoed her away, and nodded at Gaius, "To your health, and our prosperity."
Gaius nodded, and they both drained their glasses...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:41:33 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn Five: The GM can't count
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2013, 06:38:16 pm »

When did I get an axe?

Drop shield, grip hammer in both hands, and smash at his shield, trying to knock it out of his hands.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:06 pm »

When did I get an axe?

Drop shield, grip hammer in both hands, and smash at his shield, trying to knock it out of his hands.

Heh. Heh. Oops.
He's fucking with us.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 06:42:13 pm »

PTW.

Maybe I will also join in the future.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »

swing my axe in an uppercut at the armpit of his shield arm as hes discarding it then bash him in the face with my shield and use my axe to pull his hammer from his grasp.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:08:33 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 08:52:38 pm »

Kora smiled as she saw her enemy's nose in the same condition as hers, albeit the feeling in her head was literally reminding her about it. She wondered if foreign particles to an open wound would aid the condition? Of course, it would be easier to use conventional weaponry...

And so she kicked sand into the man's face. Swinging her sword to ensure his movements be stifled.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15:10 pm »

"As long as you're still on your feet, I can slow you down more!"

Stay too close for him to throw effectively, and aim for the legs, especially the ankles.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:04 pm »

When did I get an axe?

Heh. Heh. Oops.

He gave you mine. Hans. I did not have a sword.
*deep breaths*
Okay, what happens now?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2013, 10:00:57 pm »

"Easily fixed"
>Dive forwards, low to the ground
>Punch his Achilles tendon (will guarantee him to fall)
>Roll into standing position
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »

Keep being awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2013, 10:08:56 pm »

Keep being awesome.

Reach out from unconsciousness and choke Remalle's character to death.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2013, 10:43:45 pm »

When did I get an axe?

Heh. Heh. Oops.

He gave you mine. Hans. I did not have a sword.
*deep breaths*
Okay, what happens now?

Well, for sake of you getting to do something, we can say your character wakes up pretty fast, and you can go interact with some of the other Gladiators with Ceruleaus. IIRC, any unconsciousness that lasts more than a few seconds means brain cells are dying, so your character woke up almost immediately.

Also, I get confused on the weapons because your weapon choice is mainly fluff for now. A sword is an axe is a hammer. All they do is +1 to attack. :P And ya'll aren't allowed to kill each other. Yet. >:-D
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13