Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: New thread using Vanigo's Computerized empire-builder game  (Read 29267 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: New thread using Vanigo's Computerized empire-builder game
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2013, 05:46:07 pm »

Umm, GWG I think he's talking about you, since I don't see an army symbol in any of Aseaheru's territories...
Left side looks either really fortified or like they have... too many military units. I see catapults.
*glances at thumbs*
Unless Tsuchigumo is looking at the screen upside-down, I doubt it.

Anyways.
Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
A speardragon moved along the road, to defend Mineralhub, as another was trained in the art of speardrakeship. More land was claimed, as well. In short, an uneventful year or however long a turn is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2013, 05:51:35 pm »

Spoiler: Blackrock Kingdom (click to show/hide)

And Lo, the naval power of the Blackrock Kingdom sets forth on a voyage of discovery!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2013, 06:04:35 pm »

No army for me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2013, 06:05:23 pm »

Yeah. GWG, you and I are the only ones with any military units AT ALL, so he was probably talking to you
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2013, 06:28:45 pm »

He mentioned a catapult. I have...one spearperson, and one on the way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »

Well Aseaheru has no army, and I only have a barge, so I have no clue what the heck he was talking about....

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2013, 06:47:31 pm »

I meant the pretty little picture that clearly stated "HEY YOU. YES, UNSUSPECTING PLAYER. YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE DESTROYED.

Though, if you aren't about to destroy me/are going to do it anyway despite the fact that I don't have much to take, do carry on.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2013, 06:50:32 pm »

I meant the pretty little picture that clearly stated "HEY YOU. YES, UNSUSPECTING PLAYER. YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE DESTROYED.
Which one is that?
Sig

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2013, 06:56:11 pm »

Though, if you aren't about to destroy me/are going to do it anyway despite the fact that I don't have much to take, do carry on.
Not to be rude, but you seem to be going slightly insane.
And yeah, no one has any catapults or real armies.

Also, incase anyone didn't already know, the turns people submit are supposed to be secret (even though you can easily just look at them and load them up). It doesn't really matter yet, but once some conflict begins it will become rather important.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:11 pm »

I didn't really look at their turns, I looked at the symbols on the map and saw a catapult (military unit symbol.) When i was doing my turn, I saw it. I figure since there's no absolute risk of imminent death I'm freaking out way too much though; but it was a shock.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2013, 07:56:10 pm »

I didn't think you were looking at anyone's turns, but just pointing it out before it could become a problem with anyone.

I looked at the symbols on the map and saw a catapult (military unit symbol.) When i was doing my turn, I saw it. I figure since there's no absolute risk of imminent death I'm freaking out way too much though; but it was a shock.

Assuming you are looking at the same map as me, there are only two armies (represented by shields in the upper left corner of their tiles). One of them is a spearman in it, the other is a barge. Both are at least 4 turns away from being able to attack you.
No one has any catapults.

*Looks at map again*
OHHHHHH, you are looking at those woodcutters. Yeah, those aren't military units at all, all military units are represented by a shield in the upper left corner.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2013, 07:59:53 pm »

....The heck? *checks map*

.....ok if you turn your head sideways, woodcutters might look like catapaults, but that's a real stretch to me. Still no clue what's going on

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2013, 08:06:13 pm »

Woodcutters? Huh?
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2013, 08:11:12 pm »

Oh, that's an axe. Maybe.

Well, full idiot achieved. No turning back now, I'm going to go down in flames.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2013, 08:15:25 pm »

Yeah, the woodcutters symbol is kind of weird looking, and I suppose that the axe (which I only just noticed now) might throw you off. Also going to throw out there that you haven't sent your turn in yet for this turn and since you are posting in this thread, probably thought that you already have or didn't notice that it was a new turn.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33